Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beginner challenge.
3v3 double
3 day DQ
Standard restrictions
Arena: Mt. Kilauea, Hawai'i
An open volcano, in which there is a very large pool of lava. Falling into said pool deals 50 fire damage an action. The air is thin, and the terrain rocky. There is some plant life, but it is uncommon. There are no water sources within a mile.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Issuing two identical challenges:

3v3 triples for weak (30 moves or less) FE mons
DQ: 2 days
Arena: ASB Arena (sue me, I am not creative)
Items: Training

Challenger gets to decide: Subs, Chills, Recovery and Abilities

Trying out a prospective Gym arena.

Open Challenge

1v1 LC Singles
2 Subs
0 Recover/5 Chill
1 Day DQ
Switch=KO
Training Items
All Abilities

Field Type: Grass
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Singles/Doubles/Triples

A forest in northwestern Unova, far from most forms of civilization. As such, it is an extremely beautiful expanse of foliage and wildlife. In the middle of the forest is a clearing, which is a perfect locale for intense Pokemon battles.

Because of the more-than-substantial supply of vegetation, Grass-types will be able to use their Grass-type moves for three (3) less Energy, and said moves will have their Base Attack Power raised by three (3) (non-Grass-types will pay the full Energy cost and deal normal damage, due to not being fully in tune with the forest surroundings). This forest is also a very calming place; it is essentially a sanctuary for Grass-type Pokemon. Those Pokemon that are at least part Grass will receive and be under the effect of the abilities Leaf Guard and Chlorophyll, which will stack with their existing abilities (unless they already have Leaf Guard and/or Chlorophyll, in which case the ability will simply activate).

Weather cannot breach the thick canopy of the forest, and the close proximity of the canopy to the ground means that the move Fly will not be as effective. In addition, at the end of each round, a soothing breeze may blow through the area, having the same effect as the move Sweet Scent; the exception being that Grass-types, having become accustomed to the ways of the forest, are not affected by it.

Lastly, Fire-types must be extremely cautious to avoid setting the forest on fire (the forest is protected by a mysterious aura that prevents widespread forest fires, but the Pokemon don't know that), and as a result their Fire attacks suffer from a -3 BAP loss. As for Pokemon who are not of the Fire-type but are capable of using fire-type moves, this translates into a -2 BAP drop for those moves. For non-damaging moves, this instead means that such moves suffer from a reverse Prankster (i.e. they automatically have a priority of -1). Note that this does not apply to the Gym Leader's Pokemon, as they are used to the forest.

This peaceful haven for plants and Pokemon alike sits quietly, as if waiting for a decent battle. Show no mercy, and you may be victorious.

Summary:
-Grass-type moves have BAP raised by 3 and Energy cost reduced by 3 when used by Grass-types
-Leaf Guard and Chlorophyll permanently in effect for all Grass-type Pokemon; cannot be altered by Gastro Acid, Skill Swap, etc.
- -3 BP on Fly due to lack of upward mobility
-Weather will have no effect due to closeness of trees
-Soothing scents will occasionally (30% at end of round) blow through the area, lowering non-Grass Pokemon's evasion 1 stage (or dissolving one clone of Double Team)
-Fire-type moves suffer a -2 BAP drop (-3 BAP if used by a Fire-type Pokemon, -1 priority if non-damaging; does not apply to the Gym Leader's Pokemon)
En garde!
Sigh...still need a ref...

Let's get my first battle started;

2 vs 2 Singles (Yeah boring)
ASB Arena
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery 5 Chills

I only have 2 slight 'rules' sort off, or more things to ask the challenger, first,
I am using a Dunsparce and NFE so, I'd appreciate not fighting against Infernapes and Garchomps and other very powerfull pokemon. But dunsparces arent allowed in beginner challenges...
second, I know it's the standard most off the time but i'd really appreciate to make use an abillity to not make my dunsparce useless Please *insert cute puppy/wombat/panda picture*

Gosh, I am really asking much of the challenger, sorry : (

Challenging CMFP to a 1v1 Training Singles
(Vaporeon vs Revenankh)
ASB Arena
2 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
2 subs
Switch = No
Abilities = All
Items = On

CMFP Accepted and we still need a ref

EDIT: Also putting out another challenge

1v1 singles (training)
ASB Arena
I'm using FE but IDC what you use
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5chills
2 subs
Requesting Items = Training or On

I'll also accept SubwayJ's new challenge. My third match is this one I accepted, which is also waiting for a ref:

Challenge #1:

2v2 Dubs
2 Day DQ
5 Chills / 2 Recovery Moves per mon
2 Substitutions
Switch = N/A
Items = On
Abilities: All
Arena: ASB Arena

Let's get my first battle started;

2 vs 2 Singles (Yeah boring)
ASB Arena
2 Day DQ
2 Recovery 5 Chills

I only have 2 slight 'rules' sort off, or more things to ask the challenger, first,
I am using a Dunsparce and NFE so, I'd appreciate not fighting against Infernapes and Garchomps and other very powerfull pokemon. But dunsparces arent allowed in beginner challenges...
second, I know it's the standard most off the time but i'd really appreciate to make use an abillity to not make my dunsparce useless Please *insert cute puppy/wombat/panda picture*

Gosh, I am really asking much of the challenger, sorry : (
I'll take ya for my third slot and battle.
No items
All abilities
Switch=OK
Now for a ref...
Reffing,PM me the mons.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
dropping my match with df because that seems to be very unpopular

Challenging Imanalt
4v4 Babysitter Singles (2 FEs, 2 NFEs)
2 day DQ
Switch=OK
Unlimited recs/chills
2 subs
All abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)