C&C Mentor Program - Round 1

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
MENTORS ARE LISTED HERE - CLICK ON ME

With Generation 5 well on its way, people are going to flock in here and (hopefully) contributing to the site. While a bunch of old people will return to help, there will always be the fresh new people that wish to contribute. The goal of this program is to help those that struggle with analysis writing or those that want to become a contributor and want a helping hand to receive aid in their endeavor. This program is merely an experiment: there is no guarantee that this program will continue indefinitely. It all pends on the people that want to help as well as those interested in the program.

If you want to be a tutee -
- You are not to make a topic with wanting to sign up. There will be a topic where a person can sign up each round.
- Each round you are able to sign up for a mentor. You will need to provide the following information
-- Name (Just what you want to be called by. No need to send me your real name)
-- Time Zone
-- Any way that the mentor can contact you (IRC, AIM, etc)
-- Contributions (Mainly, showing that you’ve contributed to the portion of the site) - Note that we won't exactly turn you down if you do not have anything here.
-- Why you’d like to be mentored
- Remember, being accepted will pend on the # of mentors that we get. If you are not accepted this round, just be a little patient. We’ll hopefully get to you when we get the chance.
- This system is not “first come, first serve”. Each individual will be handpicked pending on their application and opening with mentor’s time zones.
Please Note: If you have not been submitted in, try to submit yourself again after the first round. We may not be able to get to you immediately, but we will do our best to get to you ASAP.

Pairings
Code:
Colonel M - smashlloyd20
Ditto - Nexus
Oglemi - Belphagor
firecape - plusle
Megan_Fox - FlashDriver57
macle - UltimateKirbyFann
iss- BlisseyOfDoom
Dr. Reid - Loves Eo
Zystral - SOMALIA
Rising_Dusk - timetwister
Seven Deadly Sins - ShinyAzelf
Everything should be completed by Friday, December 24th!

If you didn't make it on the list, sorry. Each person can be only submitted once in the tutoring program unless there is issues with contacting your tutee. PM me if this happens.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The sign-ups are open. Please note that I may do some handpicking; in particular people who contribute a lot as is and need the extra push. That doesn't mean that I'm going to hand pick everyone though, but just to note what is happening with choosing.

Regardless, sign-ups are open.

Yes! It's open!

Name: smashlloyd20
Time Zone: GMT -5
Contact: smashlloyd20 on Smogon, smashlloyd20/smashlloydpi on IRC, smashlloyd20 on AIM. My IRC is weird though, says I'm on even when I'm not, so be carful.
Contributions: None yet, but many in progress. In 4th gen, working on an update for Wailord. For 5th gen, I've finished OU Aerodactyl and am working on Ninjask and Deoxys-A.
Why I'd like to be mentored: I think it's very important that the community at large contributes to Smogon. The analyses onsite don't come from nowhere; people write them, and I want to be one of those people. Sort of the 'what goes around comes around' philosophy. I'm fairly new to Smogon and I want to do something on the site besides random posting everywhere and tournaments. I'm not the best writer and I want to actually be able to contribute, and contribute well. I'm fairly toneless and generally sort of bad at C&C, but I really want to help.

Surprised that not many people signed up for this.

Name: ShinyAzelf
Time Zone: GMT +8
Any way that the mentor can contact you: Skype (username: ShinyAzelf), IRC: ShinyAzelf (channels: #littlecup, #C&C)
Contributions: Icy Wind Lead Gengar, Hariyama OU Attacking Lead, Magnemite Analysis, Spearow Analysis, Vulpix Analysis, Grimer Analysis, Mesprit (Weather Support), Hoppip (Analysis) (those are the on-site contributions)
Why you'd like to be mentored: I enjoy contributing to the site, but my english is not perfect, and I would like to add flavor into my writing, so people won't get bored of reading it. I will be writing more sets or analyses in the future, and I would really like this opportunity to improve my writing!

Name: Belphagor
Time zone: GMT +8
Any way that the mentor can contact you: Skype (username: aslandray)
Contributions: Rather high number of failed analysis's, and a Tyranitar set and Celebi Uber analysis on QC
Why you'd like to be mentored: Contributing to this site seems really cool, but with my failed analysis's, I just don't think I got the knack of it, I'll be reserving and writing more when I have time, but this seems like a perfect opportunity to tune up my limited talents.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
-- Name: Nexus

-- Time Zone: GMT -5

-- Any way that the mentor can contact you: IRC, username: Nexus

-- Contributions: Capturing HGSS Legendaries, Capturing Platinum Legendaries, Capturing RSE Legendaries, Capture Mechanics (In-Depth, Medicham (Update), and HGSS Differences in RNG Manipulation

-- Why you’d like to be mentored: Although I have contributed before, most of my pieces have been articles, and I would like to learn more about the prose involved in writing competitive Pokemon Analyses. Furthermore, I would like to learn more about the C&C process and I could use additional help when it comes to more complicated grammar rules. Finally, to improve my writing overall in terms of presentation, as it is usually dull to read and most of the time I am not sure how I could improve it in that aspect.

Brilliant!

Name: UltimateKirbyFan
Time Zone: GMT +8
  • IRC: UltimateKirbyFan
Contributions: 0, however, I have made a few attempts and my Gen 4 Pichu analysis is currently in Quality Control.
Why: As said before, my contributions have been minimal, thus I would love to improve on my writing and learn more about the process of C&C so that I could refine my analysis' and write more.

Name Plusle
Timezone:GMT+0
Contributions

Failed
Dustox Update
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83010
Magikarp
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81803

In progress
Rankurusu*
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82192
Electric Arceus*
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82865

Done
Azelf
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82110

Why I shpuld be tutored: I want to contribute to Smogon but I usually fail. I would like to help contribute and bacome a respected member.

Name The Cicada
Time Zone Usa West
Contribtions Mesprit , Meganium , Shuckle , Uxie , Clefable. Theres lots more, but you get the picture
Why i would like to be mentoreed: i have wrote a significant amount of analysis, but my gramar skills aren't so well.

Name: Flashrider57
Time Zone: GMT -5
Contact: PM or VM, Acestar68@gmail.com, sometimes hanging around on Pokemonexperte PL server as Pike82
Contributions (not counting my failed ones): Venomoth, Hypno, Dusclops (working on Piloswine & Wormadam-G right now)
Why I would like to be mentored: I want to become a big contributor to Smogon, and I'm a decent writer. However, I want to improve my analysis writing skills, and I also want to learn exactly what people look for in a Pokemon analysis, so I can improve the quality of my analyses, as well as helping others improve theirs.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
-- Name: Blissey/BlisseyofDoom/Cody
-- Time Zone: GMT-8

-- Any way that the mentor can contact you: IRC, username: Blissey, or my Profile
-- Contributions: Hehe

-- Why you’d like to be mentored: I would like to be mentored so that I can learn the ways of C&C. I post a lot on the sets or analysises but I haven't been able to write anything. It is also quite hard for me to find somethng to write about, and maybe some help is required.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Sign-ups are up. I'll give everyone until:

Friday, December 24th

That should be more than enough time to handle your dutees.

This program is no longer continuing within C&C, so I am archiving this thread. If you would like any sort of mentoring as a newer user in C&C, feel free to PM one of our mods and we'll happily help you out with any questions you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)