2013 International Challenge -January- [RANKINGS RELEASED]

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Did you battle a Youngster named Joe, from North Carolina? I remember battling a Natsuki. Can't remember your team though. :/

Anyway, still going strong. 18 wins and 6 losses, along with 2 DCs. Rating fell behind a tad bit though, due to losing against some 1650+ players.

I also apologize to the Japanese dude that I just beat by getting a crit with -6 Scarfed Hydreigon's Draco Meteor, against Tyranitar under sand. I would've and should've lost that match. :(
I think I might have, though it's all been a blur to me, lol. I must say that my team has worked out surprisingly well; considering I couldn't play much yesterday I think 22W - 5L and 18 D/C (fail) is pretty good so far for my first time in one of these tourneys. :)

I just wish nintendo would think enough to check to see who's still connected when someone in a pair of battlers d/cs....that way I would have a chance at not being DQ'd :/

If you saw a girl from Thailand, that's probably me :)
"Watch my BLASTOISE take care of JIGGLYPUFF!"

There are very few D/Cs so far too, a much nicer tournament than the past ^.^

There should be an article about "How to predict Japanese players", seriously I found rather difficult to predict a Japanese opponent. They always have strange strategies, unusual pokemons and weird movesets. They always plays a single strategie that you only found out when is already too late.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I put this team together, but I don't ever want to think it again! XD
I'm in a lot of the same boat, parts of my team are okay but I'm missing some harder hitters. My trick room team did a lot better last tournament. Also, if I see another Thundrus/cresselia/hydregion/garchomp/scizor/Metagross/rotom/ on a team I'm gonna scream. I met one very creative person that cleaned my clock (Japanese if I recall). I'm happy to lose to something that took some creativity.

Sorry to whoever that was I had a PP stall war with a little bit ago. My rating is so bad I didn't want to give up. :p

Finally broke 1701 after 76 battles (ok I'm taking a break lol, or might just stop there and see how I rank, I dunno). I kept hovering below and above 1650 for a really long time and kept going on a losing streak as soon as I hit 1680+. Maybe around 5% of my battles ended up in a D/C (sometimes before the match started) so overall, it was pretty good ><.

Thought I'd share this video: 23-05956-92881

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Still hovering around 1680. At around 50 battles. I'm coming for you, 1700!

Edit: Just broke 1700. Let's see if I can make it to 1800, which I haven't done in quite some time.

Here's a recent battle that I'll share. 85-99788-51057

I'm currently at 1650 with 20 battles. 16-4 which I am really happy about. Should be 20-4 because I had 4 people dc just as they lost. Definitely a lot less dc'ers than last tourney :) Btw Adri from New Jersey. If you were beaten by a Choice Scarf Jellicent then it was most likely me :P Good luck to all

I'm at 1752 at 60 games. Had lots of losses around 1640 but managed a few big wins to take me over. I'm definitely seeing more docs than the winter battle. Mostly by the Japanese battlers who are 1700+. I'm at 45-15-11. I hope that's enough not to get me dqed

edit: the RNG hates me. I've been draco meteor critted which lost me a match, 2 rock slide flinches which cost me, and I've missed about 10 hydro pumps today

First time trying wifi tournament out and this is quite frustrating actually, I'm getting as many ragequit D/C's as I am getting wins. Flipside is I'm on a massive winning streak, only lost my first game mostly due to hax then won 20 in a row. Problem is half of them have ragequit and not registered so I've only actually got about 10 wins.

Im sooo jealous of you guys. Lol thanks to me internet service here at home we can only use internet configurations that DS lite dont support now, and cant buy a 3DS . The only thing that i used to do in free time is now taken :(

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm tempted to stop while the going is good and maintaining a ranking over 1710+. Nice to see pokecheck has the ability to post battle videos and watch over again even if it's not among the last 5 videos uploaded to GTS. I'm trying to figure out whom is Ignacio from Spain, a hard-fought annoying match that could've gone either way indeed. 51-76533-90375

This is my second tourney and I am now going downhill. No offense to anyone here but I hate the damn Japanese players. They are so hard to bring down. I'll have to make a new weatherless original team for the next tourney. For any of you using a rain team, I would recommend Choice Scarf Jellicent. It is sooo good!

This is my second tourney and I am now going downhill. No offense to anyone here but I hate the damn Japanese players. They are so hard to bring down. I'll have to make a new weatherless original team for the next tourney. For any of you using a rain team, I would recommend Choice Scarf Jellicent. It is sooo good![/QUOTE
I went from 1700+ to 1549 because of Japanese players. They are so good in Pokemon and predict your predictions of predictions :P.

This is my second tourney and I am now going downhill. No offense to anyone here but I hate the damn Japanese players. They are so hard to bring down. I'll have to make a new weatherless original team for the next tourney. For any of you using a rain team, I would recommend Choice Scarf Jellicent. It is sooo good![/QUOTE
I went from 1700+ to 1549 because of Japanese players. They are so good in Pokemon and predict your predictions of predictions :P.
They are insane players. I only did so good in the beginning because they weren't on lol.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
This is my second tourney and I am now going downhill. No offense to anyone here but I hate the damn Japanese players. They are so hard to bring down. I'll have to make a new weatherless original team for the next tourney. For any of you using a rain team, I would recommend Choice Scarf Jellicent. It is sooo good!
Guess it's just me, but I haven't had too much issues with Japanese players. I've only lost 3 matches to Japanese players so far, one of which used a lulzy, but effective team that I really didn't mind losing too. :P

Sitting around 1740+ right now. Kinda wondering if I should quit while ahead as well. How many of you guys have crossed into 1800+ territory?

They don't seem too much different from players here (with the occassional interesting strategy like Belly Drum Snorlax/Psyche up custap berry, which I screwed up on because I decided to use rock slide instead of earthquake while using Marowak >_<). I personally stopped at 1712, I don't want my motivation broken after 80+ battles and get randomed out lol. Though I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen the thundurus swagger/metagross lumberry combo too much.

Luckily, it has only happened to me once (with a swampert), but I want to smash my head against the wall whenever I see something like iron ball politoed outspeeding my pokemon in trickroom since I don't have perfect IV's all around, but in the stats that matter (besides speed, which I didn't go for 0 IV's in).

IMO they aren't that great, ALL of my opponentts that D/C have been from Japan. I guess losing to Butterfree is too much for them to handle :)

I haven't had very many battles worth recording, and a couple of the ones that would've been ended in D/Cs. These two were pretty great though!
57-53007-13784
37-83434-37968

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)