1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Tournament 2013 International Challenge -January- [RANKINGS RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Sidfrid, Jan 11, 2013.

1. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

At 1650 with about 20w-3l-6dc. Really hope that my DC rate stays low.
  2. BlankZero

BlankZero

At 35 games. About 1650ish. Had a bad streak this morning. :/

Still no DCs though. Thank god.
  3. Zari

Zari Xenobladeaholic
    is a Pre-Contributor

I think I might have, though it's all been a blur to me, lol. I must say that my team has worked out surprisingly well; considering I couldn't play much yesterday I think 22W - 5L and 18 D/C (fail) is pretty good so far for my first time in one of these tourneys. :)

I just wish nintendo would think enough to check to see who's still connected when someone in a pair of battlers d/cs....that way I would have a chance at not being DQ'd :/
  4. WaddleDuh

WaddleDuh

If you saw a girl from Thailand, that's probably me :)
    "Watch my BLASTOISE take care of JIGGLYPUFF!"

There are very few D/Cs so far too, a much nicer tournament than the past ^.^
  5. Tenodera

Tenodera

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I put this team together, but I don't ever want to think it again! XD
  6. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

There should be an article about "How to predict Japanese players", seriously I found rather difficult to predict a Japanese opponent. They always have strange strategies, unusual pokemons and weird movesets. They always plays a single strategie that you only found out when is already too late.
  7. Sabregirl

Sabregirl

I'm in a lot of the same boat, parts of my team are okay but I'm missing some harder hitters. My trick room team did a lot better last tournament. Also, if I see another Thundrus/cresselia/hydregion/garchomp/scizor/Metagross/rotom/ on a team I'm gonna scream. I met one very creative person that cleaned my clock (Japanese if I recall). I'm happy to lose to something that took some creativity.

Sorry to whoever that was I had a PP stall war with a little bit ago. My rating is so bad I didn't want to give up. :p
  8. Plasma.EXE

Plasma.EXE

Finally broke 1701 after 76 battles (ok I'm taking a break lol, or might just stop there and see how I rank, I dunno). I kept hovering below and above 1650 for a really long time and kept going on a losing streak as soon as I hit 1680+. Maybe around 5% of my battles ended up in a D/C (sometimes before the match started) so overall, it was pretty good ><.

Thought I'd share this video: 23-05956-92881
  9. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't Hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

10. Xen

Xen formerly Xeno598

Still hovering around 1680. At around 50 battles. I'm coming for you, 1700!

Edit: Just broke 1700. Let's see if I can make it to 1800, which I haven't done in quite some time.

Here's a recent battle that I'll share. 85-99788-51057
  11. Professor Birch

Professor Birch Formerly Pokemasta77

I'm currently at 1650 with 20 battles. 16-4 which I am really happy about. Should be 20-4 because I had 4 people dc just as they lost. Definitely a lot less dc'ers than last tourney :) Btw Adri from New Jersey. If you were beaten by a Choice Scarf Jellicent then it was most likely me :P Good luck to all
  12. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't Hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

13. Brophlosion

Brophlosion

Been owning fools with Butterfree. ID is "Thatsa"
  14. BlankZero

BlankZero

Finally beat 1700 at 60 games :P Those early bad streaks make for a long road.
  15. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

I'm at 1752 at 60 games. Had lots of losses around 1640 but managed a few big wins to take me over. I'm definitely seeing more docs than the winter battle. Mostly by the Japanese battlers who are 1700+. I'm at 45-15-11. I hope that's enough not to get me dqed

edit: the RNG hates me. I've been draco meteor critted which lost me a match, 2 rock slide flinches which cost me, and I've missed about 10 hydro pumps today
  16. Forsety

Forsety

First time trying wifi tournament out and this is quite frustrating actually, I'm getting as many ragequit D/C's as I am getting wins. Flipside is I'm on a massive winning streak, only lost my first game mostly due to hax then won 20 in a row. Problem is half of them have ragequit and not registered so I've only actually got about 10 wins.
  17. Enraikou

Enraikou

Im sooo jealous of you guys. Lol thanks to me internet service here at home we can only use internet configurations that DS lite dont support now, and cant buy a 3DS . The only thing that i used to do in free time is now taken :(
  18. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

I'm tempted to stop while the going is good and maintaining a ranking over 1710+. Nice to see pokecheck has the ability to post battle videos and watch over again even if it's not among the last 5 videos uploaded to GTS. I'm trying to figure out whom is Ignacio from Spain, a hard-fought annoying match that could've gone either way indeed. 51-76533-90375
  19. Professor Birch

This is my second tourney and I am now going downhill. No offense to anyone here but I hate the damn Japanese players. They are so hard to bring down. I'll have to make a new weatherless original team for the next tourney. For any of you using a rain team, I would recommend Choice Scarf Jellicent. It is sooo good!
  20. TheLegend05

TheLegend05

21. Professor Birch

22. Xen

Xen formerly Xeno598

Guess it's just me, but I haven't had too much issues with Japanese players. I've only lost 3 matches to Japanese players so far, one of which used a lulzy, but effective team that I really didn't mind losing too. :P

Sitting around 1740+ right now. Kinda wondering if I should quit while ahead as well. How many of you guys have crossed into 1800+ territory?
  23. Plasma.EXE

Plasma.EXE

They don't seem too much different from players here (with the occassional interesting strategy like Belly Drum Snorlax/Psyche up custap berry, which I screwed up on because I decided to use rock slide instead of earthquake while using Marowak >_<). I personally stopped at 1712, I don't want my motivation broken after 80+ battles and get randomed out lol. Though I'm sort of surprised I haven't seen the thundurus swagger/metagross lumberry combo too much.

Luckily, it has only happened to me once (with a swampert), but I want to smash my head against the wall whenever I see something like iron ball politoed outspeeding my pokemon in trickroom since I don't have perfect IV's all around, but in the stats that matter (besides speed, which I didn't go for 0 IV's in).
  24. Brophlosion

Brophlosion

25. Tenodera

Tenodera

I haven't had very many battles worth recording, and a couple of the ones that would've been ended in D/Cs. These two were pretty great though!
    57-53007-13784
    37-83434-37968

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)