Army Men: Battle for the Frontyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Alright. After one day of production, all units have been fully deployed. Count Vladimir and Duchess Nadia were inactive this last round. For this round, please post everything you will do up to the Combat Sub-Round. If any of you will be initiating in combat, please put the actions for this in the second post.

Round 2:
Upkeep: (Everybody) receives 50 Funds. *Please include in your next post if you are going to pay upkeep for each unit's weapon(s) and which weapon(s) they are.
(Spiffy) pays 1 fund to maintain Machine Guns.
(Bunnymaster) pays 1 fund to maintain Machine Guns.
Purchases: (polelover44) bought some units.
(forks) bought some units.
Activated Abilities: (FinnRagetti) activated his ability (target: tank).

PLEASE HAVE YOUR POSTS FINISHED BY FRIDAY MAY 29th, 2010, 11:59:99 P.M. or else you will be inactive for this round.

Username: FinnRagetti
Character: Sarge
Faction: United Forces
Upkeep: None
Purchases: None
Activity: Moveing Caveliers to Left Window, then Right Window (2 non combat moves)
Activity: Activating power on Tank A, moving tank to Left Window then Right Window (1 + 1 bonus noncombat move)
Activity: Moving tank and 2 gunners to Left Window

Result: Right Window: 2 Caveliers + 1 Tank (inactive weapons)
Left Window: 2 Gunners + 1 Tank (inactive weapons)

Acklow

Sorry, I should've added this in my post that if you are not making any purchases (though weapons will be inactive whenever you attack for this round:
This means that every turn you must pay a certain amount [i.e. upkeep] of funds for units to be able to use their weapons.
), please skip that step and just post any movements you will make during the Combat Sub-Round.

Acklow

To use weapons, you pay upkeep every turn for each weapon category your units are capable of using (you can opt out for some weapons if you choose). You use these only when you attack. If you defend, the weapons automatically activate depending on what units attack you.

Username: Spiffy
Character: Captain Ken
Faction: UF
Upkeep: Sniper Rifles on all units
Action: Moving Cavelier to Left Window, then Right Window
Action: Moving everything else to Left Window

Did I do that right?

To use weapons, you pay upkeep every turn for each weapon category your units are capable of using (you can opt out for some weapons if you choose). You use these only when you attack. If you defend, the weapons automatically activate depending on what units attack you.
Sweet. That works. Edited my previous post

Edit: So I can pay upkeep next turn to use a weapon that turn, if I dont pay this turn, correct?

Username: polelover44
Character: Private Biff
Faction: UF
Upkeep: None, defending
Purchases: 1 Medic, 1 Heavy
Action(s): Move Fighter to Left Window, then to Right Window.

Acklow

Yes and no. Yes in that in your ability, units that use a "sniper", means the same thing as units that use a sniper rifle. However, the unit, "Sniper", means the unit that uses the weapon. I'll change the ability so it reads "sniper rifle" instead.

Username: assassinfred
Character: Sergeant Kelly
Upkeep: All Weapons (9 Funds. Also, this is with the Tanks and Cavaliers).
Purchases: 2 Tanks, 2 Cavaliers (180 Funds).
Funds left after Upkeep/Purchases: 11 Funds.
Action 1: Gunners and Sniper to Left Window.
Action 2: none.
Action 3: none.

Acklow

Username: assassinfred
Character: Sergeant Kelly
Upkeep: All Weapons (17 funds, if I did my math right. Also, this is with the Tanks and Cavaliers).
Actually, you did the math wrong (no offense =)). You don't pay upkeep for each indivdual unit per weapon. Instead, for each weapon type all your units carry, you pay the general upkeep cost. For example, say I have 20 Gunners. I only need to pay a total of 2 funds per round to have them use Machine Guns and Grenades. It just saves costs and is much easier to calculate. So technically you pay a total of 9 funds.
Purchases: 2 Tanks, 2 Cavaliers (180 Funds).
Funds left after Upkeep/Purchases: 3 Funds.
Action 1: Moving Cavaliers to Left Window, then Right Window.
Action 2: Gunners, Sniper, and Tanks moving to Left Window.
Action 3: none.
The units you purchased this round take one round to deploy, so technically you have to wait one round in order to move your Cavaliers and Tanks, but you can still move all other units.

Acklow

They're not online that's for sure (>.>). I'll give them some more time for now, because the only people that have posted actions have been UF people so far (which would be unfair to all other factions...).

Username: BunnyMaster
Character: Mr. Rich Uncle
Faction: CORF
Upkeep: 1 (for machine guns)
Funds left after Upkeep/Purchases: 49funds
Action 1: 20 Grunts to Mole Burrow
Action 2: 12 Grunts to Bird's Nest

Username: Thoughts
Character: Artemis
Faction: CORF
Upkeep: None
Funds left after Upkeep/Purchases: 50
Action 1: 1 Striker to Basketball Hoop

Alright, I've been drawing up a map of my own with labels to help me visualize all that is going on. Before I finish, do I pay for upkeep of defending forces (the ones that come with the bases, not the ones I buy) and are they controlled, or simply left in their spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)