1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Art for Articles

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by macle, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatGeo

NatGeo kauai
    is a Contributor Alumnus

can't finish this, I have the sketch but I can't scan it and work on it in GIMP coupled with the fact that I've lost motivation. My bad.
  2. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

I GOT A SCANNER!
    So now I can actually do the 5th Gen. in-game tiers piece!
    It's still not digital,m but my skill has improved and I have a SCANNER (excited)
    Also, can I take the Gen V Rain Article?
    I'll do 2 'pieces' (if you can call them that) because I coincidentally have one in creation
    right at this moment (though it does have a Jirachi in it...is that OK?)
  3. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

4. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

AKSHULLY, THE NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION IS IN MAH FART THREAD~

[​IMG]
  5. Wholphin

Wholphin

Could I please have Capturing RSE Legendaries? I'll just draw a Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza.
  6. Arrogance

Arrogance

I'd appreciate it if I could claim Priority Guide, Gen V.
  7. macle

macle frog jesus died for your sins
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

We are looking for ideas for the dimensions of the images. Please help.....
  8. Arrogance

Arrogance

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Had this hidden away in the corner of my mind. Remembered it today, and this is WIP for Priority Guide, Gen V.
  9. macle

is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

[19:39] <Zracknel> the size that looks best to me
    [19:39] <Zracknel> is about 800 px wide
    [19:39] <Zracknel> by 600 px tall
    [19:39] <Zracknel> maximum for those dimensions

this is the dimensions we want. Post your pick in those dimensions and a link to the art
    name the piece after the article plz
  10. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

Hey, I dunno if I am totally out of line here, but I doodled up a work for badalcristiano's Item Location article. Sorry I didn't do a reservation or anything; just had an idea and ran with it. Hope it works!

[​IMG]
  11. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

hey we are adding the images to the site. Keep up the good work.
  12. Jigger

Jigger

13. DjGopher

DjGopher

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2737053#post2737053
    I'd like to reserve this (Doubles Trick Room BW)

The idea was to have a Reuniclus and another common trick room sweeper (don't know yet) with speed lines behind them flying about above or around a Deoxys-S and another, perhaps Infernape, who are slowly trying to crawl across the floor.
    This would be painted by default but I can do a vector if preferred..
    Let me know, (or delete this/don't delete I guess :P )
    Dj
  14. jessifer

jessifer

15. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

ok

ok

ok
  16. Danmire

Danmire Finding motivation.
    is an Artist Alumnus

I'd like to re-reserve the Uber Speed tiers.
  17. Lemonade.

Lemonade. fluffy bird
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hmm, IMO it would make more sense to be strategy relevant (VGC) like an Amoonguss using Rage Powder and Musharna setting up or Scrafty using Fake Out as a bulky TR Poke sets up. On the opponent's side you could have fast Dragons or whatnot slowly crawling or whatever you were going to do (Deo formes are banned in VGC)
  18. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

I was pondering about making an image for the entry hazard articles, but from what I've seen, two articles both speak generally about them, and the third is through an Uber perspective. Do you want unique images for all three articles or will one be enough?

Articles in question:
    A Guide to Common Battle Conditions
    Opening the Door - A Guide to Entry Hazards
    Uber Hazard Guide

Pardon if those questions have been brought up before.

Edit: Read the thread, and yeah, doesn't seem to have been brought up. Only reason to re-use the same image for several articles is to save time, or they could be used as a provisory image until another for the article is made. EITHER WAY, currently busy with my Type Meme and the occasional comic I need to squeeze out, but I could get to work on this at the end of next week. The idea behind the image is to either pull a rocky background with spikes (regular and toxic) lying and hovering in the foreground, or to have a Forretress standing on the ground surrounded by all three hazards (placed by him, naturally).
  19. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

one image for all 3 is fine.
  20. Furosuto

Furosuto

Hi. I'd like to reserve the ubers threat list please. Is that ok?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82316

I have an awesome idea for it. I'll try and get it done ASAP. Hopefully by monday, I will be finished. I will be gone for a few days, so that's why it might be a little late.
  21. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

thats fine
  22. Furosuto

Furosuto

[​IMG]

Here you go macle. I hope the link works. Wanted to go for a more ancient ruin cave painting style. The japanese symbols say this:

Top line: Are you ready to play?

Between the 3 titans: Ubers threat list
    Celever likes this.
  23. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I actually really like that. Good work!
  24. Furosuto

Furosuto

Thanks. I suck at shading to be honest, so I'm trying to turn my art style into different styles of cave paintings or ancient wall arts. I think it works for me.

EDIT: Can I take the Ubers Stall guide now? I have an idea for it as well. :D

Here's the link.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84142
  25. Danmire

Danmire Finding motivation.
    is an Artist Alumnus

done with mine! here you go:
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)