Art for Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Here's what I have for the DPP Sunny Day article. Is it big/small enough? It's 700x700 pixels.

Edit: Also may I reserve BW UU Speed Tiers?
its good and yes

ill take on OU offense if possible
ok

okies

Hello 5th Gen Gravity has been drawn for
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85451
Resizing soon, just posting to make sure it is reserved

i dont get it??

I have an idea for the 5th gen RNG article, though it would work for other RNG articles too (I may have missed them when looking through).

The idea is simple:
A trainer is walking through a route and all the pokemon there are shiny.

I thought it might be a good way of representing visually the ridiculous odds which RNG creates, as it were.
OKAY

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh, it's a Newton-esq Landorus observing an apple (core) fall and thinking about a way to use this phenomenon.

Probably would be better if you developed the thought bubble and showed both Landorus and Bronzong on the ground. Also I see what you're trying to do with the apple cores (leftovers) but it looks like someone (Landorus) has thrown some apple cores in the tree. Make the Gravity side a little clearer and maybe include the gravitational field strength Formula (g = GMm/r^2)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I read the Double Battle Primer earlier, and I like the way it was written and how it managed to give me an appetite for double battles. So I figured I could draw two images for the parts 'Team Building' and 'Battle Strategy'. The idea for the first one would be best described with this PA strip, but with the team lined up in the background (yet to decide which pokes, feel free to recommend some) and the drill sergeant's mouth yelling up front. Idea for the latter would be two pokemon inspecting a map with icons and pointers, maybe even a whiteboard if I feel generous (preferrably two pokes who work well together in double battle).

Don't know when I'll get down to it, but I should at least have things done 1st February. It's nice to have a date so that I don't let this collect dust, so I encourage others to do the same.
I can already tell that I probably won't be keeping this deadline, but since I still want to make the images, I'll postpone the date for a while. Although if anyone else wants a piece of the action they're free to nab the spot.

Well, here's a fairly near-finished RNG pic. I'm posting it early since I'm not sure the shinies are recognisable enough, and also I'm not sure if the textures work that well, not really used them before. It also needs a little neatening up, I know.

Since it's 5th gen RNG I decided to do 5th gen mons, and it's based on Pinwheel Forest. Unfortunately 5th gen shinies are sane and involve very little ridiculous purple, at least the ones round Pinwheel Forest. I also wanted to put a Basculin in the puddle, but its shiny colours look hardly any different.

Imo, it's hard to tell that Pidove and Sawk are shiny. The others are good :)

And the texture looks great!

Well, hopefully the OP is fully updated in terms of what's taken or not... I'd like to do the 4th gen wallbreaking guide if possible!

Edit: herp forgot to link it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)