1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Art for Articles

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by macle, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furosuto

Furosuto

2. macle

macle frog jesus died for your sins
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

man those are great guys keep um comin
  3. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

May I reserve the Gen. 4 LC threat list, please?
  4. macle

is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

yes you may, mommy
  5. az

az I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

weird as funck, maxle!!
  6. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

sup

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Edit: Changed a few details.

I ended up only using spikes, it's the move which best suits him imo. I figured this image could be used for Opening the Door - A Guide to Entry Hazards, while I'll make another image for A Guide to Common Battle Conditions tomorrow which will be showing spikes, toxic spikes and stealth rock within a square split in three parts.

However, Uber Hazard Guide only has 6 posts, OP included, with new posts taking from weeks to months to be made, so unless that article decides to pick up some speed, I won't be making an image for it.

The image was good enough before, but that texture really nailed it!
  7. Zracknel

Zracknel
    is an Artistis a Super Moderator
    Art Co-Leader

user: bummer contributing artwork to smogon.com

I cannot fully express the joy this fills me with :)

I dig the spikes piece!
  8. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

9. Bummer

Bummer .etiuq ooT
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

It has been done.

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention what I wanted to do next.

I read the Double Battle Primer earlier, and I like the way it was written and how it managed to give me an appetite for double battles. So I figured I could draw two images for the parts 'Team Building' and 'Battle Strategy'. The idea for the first one would be best described with this PA strip, but with the team lined up in the background (yet to decide which pokes, feel free to recommend some) and the drill sergeant's mouth yelling up front. Idea for the latter would be two pokemon inspecting a map with icons and pointers, maybe even a whiteboard if I feel generous (preferrably two pokes who work well together in double battle).

Don't know when I'll get down to it, but I should at least have things done 1st February. It's nice to have a date so that I don't let this collect dust, so I encourage others to do the same.
  10. Danmire

Danmire Finding motivation.
    is an Artist Alumnus

11. Oglemi

Oglemi THE DREAM IS REAL
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Bummer and Master Win those pieces are absolutely beautiful, fantastic job!
  12. Furosuto

Furosuto

http://www.iaza.com/work/120108C/iaza11656295839100.png

Here's my ubers stall pic! Skarm ain't gonna take any punishment from anybody. If it's not up to standards for the ubers stall guide, and you want something better than this, I can try some new stuff with this and see if you like.......
  13. Gerard

Gerard

I wanted to try something for the Breeding Guide (Part 2, since it the one that has more to be with the pokemon breeding between each other), so I did this

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

I tought it would be funny, but I don't know if it's complete yet (I just had an idea of putting the old guy from the daycare behing saying "I Don't know how it happened" or something like that)
  14. Furosuto

Furosuto

15. Komodo

Komodo I have a custom title?
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just posting to say I haven't forgotten about the Baton Pass article I said I was doing artwork for. I'll be doing that, as well as the chaining guide art.
  16. Shineygengar

Shineygengar

i'm not claiming the 5th Gen UU Speed Tiers, but if i were going to, would i put the title: UU Speed Tiers in the piece? and would i just put the 3 fastest pokemon or something?
  17. macle

Little Cup Co-Leader

18. jessifer

jessifer

Show Hide
    [​IMG]

Here's what I have for the DPP Sunny Day article. Is it big/small enough? It's 700x700 pixels.

Edit: Also may I reserve BW UU Speed Tiers?
  19. asterat

asterat

ill take on OU offense if possible
  20. Danmire

Danmire Finding motivation.
    is an Artist Alumnus

21. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I guess this would go here, but I'd like to request a picture to be done for the Wacky Wi-Fi tournament series.

The idea is Diversity Cup, so I'd like to have Jynx, Smeargle, Blaziken, Roserade, and Jellicent (Male) all in a row in a picture like this.
    [​IMG]

This is for onsite
  22. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Sounds fun to draw, I'll definately give it a go!
  23. Lemonade.

Lemonade. fluffy bird
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

24. DjGopher

DjGopher

Proof of concept/activity (obviously wip, also changed the included pokemon)
    [​IMG]
  25. thelaytonmobile

thelaytonmobile

I have an idea for the 5th gen RNG article, though it would work for other RNG articles too (I may have missed them when looking through).

The idea is simple:
    A trainer is walking through a route and all the pokemon there are shiny.

I thought it might be a good way of representing visually the ridiculous odds which RNG creates, as it were.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)