Data ASB Gym League Signup Thread+Rewards system Included [Update RE: Training Items]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I want to get a grip at different gyms, so I'll ref Orcinus vs Rickheg. PM Teams.

If Gerard vs Red ends up untaken for too long, I may take it as well, but I won't for now.

engedit: i'm reffing gerard v red pm teams

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It is time.

The teams are more than ready, the battlers are prepared and the time has come for the might Dragons that roam the land to have one man to point as their Gym Leader.

AOPSUser, I challenge you for the right to name oneself as the Dragon Gym Leader!

As per previous agreement, the battle will be of the following format:

6v6 Singles (Both parties bring six)
3 Day Player DQ Time
∞ Recoveries & Chills per Pokemon
2 Subs
Switch = OK
Abilities = All
Items = On
Turn Order = Coin Flip
Arena = ASB Arena

With the near mirror matchup by the end of this fight there can be no doubting which of us is most worthy of the title of Dragon Master.

The time has come. The time is now. It is TIME. TO. FIGHT!

sum1 ref plz

The rules were set, the trainers were ready, the Pokemon had been waiting.

And the Gym coordinators gave the go-ahead.

Texas had brought some of the strongest Dragons in ASB. AOPSUser had brought the rest.

It was on.

"I WON'T ALLOW ANYONE TO DEFEAT US, NO MATTER WHAT!"

Yes I know that's Ghestis. Sue me.

Texas, I accept. May the best trainer win.

engedit: guess what i'm reffing this too

Frosty

=_=
[size=-2]Gotta put this here before the queue gets too long. I should be ready by the time my challenge is up.[/size]

Now that the first step is done, time to take the second step towards the elite four. or something like that <_>.

Challenging Athenodoros's Water Gym!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
CMFP is DQ'd, which means that fogdish finally gets to whoop my arse. I think he'd appreciate a ref sometime.

Posting on C$FP's behalf that he is done with ASB. While I'm not a committee member, or council member, feel free to consider this the Steel Gym closing it's doors, and the Steel Gym Leader spot vacant.

Flying-Gym Challenge Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Challenging Jas again!

I promise that this time, I will NOT get completely trashed by Tomohawk.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Dropping my challenge to Rediamond, since there is someone else available I want to fight. There, Orcinus can have his NO HONOUR match a bit sooner now. Anyhow...

"Well Ghetsis, or Shauntal, or whatever your name is, get over here. I challenge you to a duel!"

Challenging zarator of the Ghost Gym

Dropping my challenge to Rediamond, since there is someone else available I want to fight. There, Orcinus can have his NO HONOUR match a bit sooner now. Anyhow...

"Well Ghetsis, or Shauntal, or whatever your name is, get over here. I challenge you to a duel!"

Challenging zarator of the Ghost Gym

"The trainer gazed over the sea, her mind lost among the waves". That was part of a novel I wrote. I absolutely love writing about the close bonds between the Trainers who come here and the Pokémon they train. Could I use you and your Pokémon as a subject?"

3v3 Gym Singles (Challenger PMs 3 Pokemon, Gym Leader PMs 6 Pokemon)
2 days DQ
Arena: Forlorn Graveyard
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Abilities = One
Substitute Orders: 1
The Gym Leader sends out his / her Pokemon first.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Small Gym Announcement:

For balance in the larger gyms, I've changed the gym leader bench to (number of pokemon + 3). This means that 2v2 Singles gyms (people try them sometimes for whatever reason) aren't really unbalanced and that the GL still has a good advantage in larger battle types.

This will take effect from all matches starting now.

Thank you and good night.

"The trainer gazed over the sea, her mind lost among the waves". That was part of a novel I wrote. I absolutely love writing about the close bonds between the Trainers who come here and the Pokémon they train. Could I use you and your Pokémon as a subject?"

2 days DQ
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Abilities = One
Now that I've been approved as a gym ref, my first job shall be this! Zarator, IAR, please PM me your teams.

I challenge you, Maxim of Slateport! There is only 1 gym seat in the Normal gym, and I will defend my right to it. I know not your skill, but it must be great to overcome the strength and craftiness of my pokemon. En garde!

Best of 3 Matches: 3v3 singles, 3v3 doubles, 1v1 singles
Bring 4 mons for each match.

All abilities
All items
Chills: 5
Recovers: 3
Switching allowed
DQ: 3 days for players, 4 for refs
Arena: ASB arena

"I would be more than happy to accept your challenge. However, I know that Simon Says is also interested in this coveted prize, and I think it would be unwise to exclude him from the proceedings. If someone in the gym committee would like to propose a solution, feel free to do so. Otherwise I don't feel it fair for one who has also worked towards this prize to get shafted with no chance."

EDIT: I'd also prefer it if we did this match in the standard ASB Arena without the traits, as that would make us a bit more even. Again though, I'm gonna wait until one of two things happen.

1. Someone on the gym committee figures out a plan to involve Simon Says in the proceedings or makes some other kind of executive decision regarding the matter. (I realize you've already talked to Atheno about this, but I don't know whether he's aware that Simon Says is attempting to win this gym.)
2. Simon Says decides to abstain from the position (Highly unlikely I think)

This is frustrating. I was all trained up to take on C$FP and he goes and quits. Guess I'll have to see what I can do against zarator instead!

This is frustrating. I was all trained up to take on C$FP and he goes and quits. Guess I'll have to see what I can do against zarator instead!

"At the end of my journey, I will come back to you". That was part of a novel I wrote. I absolutely love writing about the close bonds between the Trainers who come here and the Pokémon they train. Could I use you and your Pokémon as a subject?"

2 days DQ
Switch = OK
Items = ON
Abilities = One

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

"Well then, let us see what you can withstand!"

3v3 Gym Singles (Challenger PMs the Referee 3 Mons, the Leader PMs 6)
1 Day DQ (Player)
3 Day DQ (Referee)
Banned Moves: N/A
Restricted Moves: Max 5 Chills Per Pokemon ; Max 2 Recovery Moves per Pokemon ; Restricted moves as per Arena
Arena: Bolt Beach
Switch: OK
Items: ON
Abilities: ALL
Substitute Orders: 2

Fine, orcinus. You've waited long enough.

3v3 Gym Singles (Challenger PMs the Referee 3 Mons, the Leader PMs 6)3 Day DQ
Restricted Moves: Max 5 Chills Per Pokemon ; Max 2 Recovery Moves per Pokemon ; Restricted moves as per Arena
Arena: Tualang City Gym
Switch: OK
Items: OFF
Abilities: ALL
Substitute Orders: 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)