1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (ASB Version)

Discussion in 'Network Center' started by Woodchuck, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matezoide

Matezoide

Is Rapid Spin the only way to remove entry hazards? I mean,i would assume that proper creativity would be able to remove them.
  2. SubwayJ

SubwayJ

Defog is another way, although that one removes hazards from both sides of the field (in ASB only iirc)
  3. Matezoide

Matezoide

Forgot about Defog.

Though my question is mostly about using moves whose main purpose isnt to get rid of them.

The hazards are ,as far as i know,nothing more than a bunch of spikes (Or rocks) that stay on your side of the field,it is not like they are protected by some sort of force-field.

For example,could i use Gust (Or Hurricane) to lift the hazards and throw them away? Maybe a Dig + Flamethrower combo (See Ash vs Paul in the anime) could work? Strike the ground (with say,Earthquake) in order to create a shock-wave powerfull enough to throw them away?

Or are we stuck with Rapid Spin,Defog and (to a lesser extend),Rebound?
  4. Objection

Objection

Outside of flavour battles where deviating from the bog standard use of moves is encouraged, you are stuck with Rapid Spin, Defog and (to a lesser extent) Rebound and Magic Bounce. Oh, and if you time it right, Magic Coat.
  5. Matezoide

Matezoide

Question regarding Caterpie,Weedle and Wurmple...

When i get them to the final stage,do i get free TMs and Tutors of my choose?
    They also lack Egg Moves,do i get anything to make up for that? Like an extra TM/Tutor move?
  6. Matezoide

Matezoide

Sorry for bumping,but i would like to know this asap,it has been a while since i asked it.
  7. Gerard

Gerard

Considering all three mons have tutors (even if they suck) I think you only get the moves, still, since a Tynamo gets the extra 9 MC even when getting magnet rise it's possible I'm wrong, if I'm wrong then you get 9 MC and you can use them whenever you want
  8. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

The above quote is outdated - This is the current version: [BOX]Pokemon without Egg Moves: If your starting Pokemon is Genderless or simply has no Egg Moves to choose from, it will obviously not have any Egg Moves to select from. Instead, you may choose three Tutor moves from any generation to teach it.

Pokemon without TMs: If your starting Pokemon does not have any TMs to choose from (e.g. Magikarp, Beldum, Wynaut), it can instead select up to 3 attacks from Move Tutors and Special Giveaways from any generation. This only applies to Pokemon who simply do not have any TMs to choose from; you may not choose to allow Pokemon who do have TMs to take Tutor moves instead.[/BOX]
    Tynamo, on the other hand, is an exception, & still gets 9 MC as per this: [BOX]Tynamo: Tynamo only has Level-Up moves and the Tutor Magnet Rise. It starts with all of these moves and begins with nine (9) MC to use after it evolves.[/BOX]
    To answer your question Matezoide: Only Tynamo gets the +9 MC/Something to make up for its movepool for when it evolves. No one else.
  9. Frosty

Frosty =_=
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I don't know if this qualifies as "simple question" but anyway:

Is the Dark Gym open for challenges?

I haven't seen Korski around and no one is challenging it, so I was wondering. I intend to challenge it soon (not now, I need a lot more preparation), but I need to know if it is taking challenges, so I won't buy the wrong moves or pump up the wrong pokemon.
  10. Pwnemon

Pwnemon Switching is a metagame trend
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

well, korski's not the dark gym leader anymore. He left ASB around the start of CAP3, and so we got a new gym leader. That's LouisCyphre. Problem is, last we heard of him, he was shot, and in a hospital recovering. That was a month and a half ago.

So to answer your question, no, the dark gym is not accepting challenges currently.
  11. Matezoide

Matezoide

If a combo misses,will the pokemon have to cooldown?
    If said combo would cause a stat drop,will it still happen if it misses?

I would assume a Yes for both questions,but i wish to be sure.
  12. Pwnemon

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

yes to the first, no to the second
  13. Matezoide

Matezoide

Thanks,Pwn (Geez,someone got shot? I hope he recovers soon.....)

Another question:

Will Teleport (Switch) override traping moves? What about U-Turn and Volt-Switch?
  14. Gerard

Gerard

15. Objection

Objection

Yeah, the only thing trapping moves prevent you from doing is initiating a switch phase or counterswitching when your opponent initiates a switch phase, which is probably why each one has another special method of use or special properties in combos.
  16. Matezoide

Matezoide

Time to learn more.

Will No-Guard hit through Dig?
  17. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

you bet

for mechanics questions, bulbapedia is typically gonna be correct.
  18. Matezoide

Matezoide

Yeah,i assumed so,but really,asking here is the safest way of getting info. :toast:

Faint-Attack cant hit through Fly,Dig and Dive,i assume it is the same here?
  19. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

"It also allows Pokémon to be hit during the semi-invulnerable turn of moves such as Fly, Dive, or Dig."

nope, works differently than faint attack (ask SoS lol)
  20. Matezoide

Matezoide

Sorry,either my english isnt too good or i am too dumb.....or both.

So,will Faint Attack hit through Fly/Dig/Dive?
  21. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

Faint attack will not hit through. No Guard will.
  22. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

No, it won't. (tested in-game)
  23. Objection

Objection

Never-miss moves like Faint Attack and Aerial Ace hit through lowered accuracy, raised evasion, Double Team, evasive Agility, evasive Teleport and Dodge.

No Guard hits through everything except Protect, Detect, Wide Guard and Quick Guard.
  24. Matezoide

Matezoide

Will Simple Beam remove every ability or just one?
  25. Objection

Objection

I would assume it removes all of them and gives the pokemon Simple instead. Same with Worry Seed and Insomnia.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)