Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My previous problem was either resolved or my computers stopped being arses and I have my server up and running... but I encountered an issue when trying to have a test battle.

Where are patch/mod files locatated [specifically one containing Platinum updates] and how do I install them? I thought 1.7 was supposed to come with said changes, but upon trying to load my team I got errors about moves not capable of being learned.

Could someone kindly tell me where the default place for saving teams is located? I had alot of teams saved, and for some reason, when I click "Load Team" on shoddy it takes me to Program Files, but there are no teams saved there.

Dooes anybody know what could have happened/a fix/a way to find my lost teams? Also, would a system restore do anything?

EDIT: nvm lol... i found them in my Firefox folder. i feel like an idiot >_>

Of course not, Suspect doesn't allow Dialga and Palkia. Perhaps you pressed the Find Match button and you were challenged, accepted the challenge and no one showed up on the ladder; so you must've thought that the challenged-battle was infact the ladder battle.

Or, you were on some idiotic Server that allows these Pokémon.

Another possibility would be Doug randomly experimenting and causing the glitch, but I extremely doubt that that happened.

I have a trojan and Shoddy won't open, as it just says the application cannot be opened. I'm wondering how I can get rid of this Trojan and how I can start playing Shoddy again?

Edit: I've checked the Shoddy site and I have the Google Trojan. I understand some people are not in the position to help me with this, but I want my computer to be safe.

Can sum1 explain to me what the suspect ladder is, and what pokemon are allowed in it (or link to where it says... was looking around didn't see anything)

Suspect ladder is a ladder where the "suspect" pokemons being tested. The suspects will change after test is completed and the current suspects are:

Garchomp
Shaymin-s
Latios
Manaphy
Latias

more information can be found here

will there be a new apprentice program round opening up anytime soon? they said they host one every 3 weeks but its been longer than that since the last one started.

Does anyone know roughly what the minimum amount of RAM needed for the server to run smoothly is?

aka: Can I get by on around 100MB?

When I try to start up Shoddybattle, I recieve an error message that says "splash: recv failed". I don't have the trojan... but what should I do?

My new server is up, but it has not been updated. I downloaded the package yesterday. Is there a way I can update it to one like Smogon or Experte? If so, can I have a link?
(P.S. Platinum has not been updated to it, so I need that too)

My new server is up, but it has not been updated. I downloaded the package yesterday. Is there a way I can update it to one like Smogon or Experte? If so, can I have a link?
(P.S. Platinum has not been updated to it, so I need that too)
The mod data for Platinum is in CVS so check that out and load it via the server.patch directive in your server.properties.

To get the rest of the new improvements you need to rebuild your server jar from the source code, which is also in CVS. It's an undocumented procedure but if you know how to use Netbeans it shouldn't be too difficult...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)