Creative (and good) Movesets Mk II (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavos

Banned deucer.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Roost
this looks pretty brutal, i think a tailwind offense team could definitely be viable in this metagame with so many things that can easily use it: tornadus-t, hydreigon, and whimsicott (lol) to name a few. i'll give this set a try for sure! wondering if it would fit on my sun team...hmm, i'll look into this. in the meantime:

@ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SAtk / 100 Spd
Bold Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

utility gengar is a beast. this looks really stupid, i know, but give it a chance. sub-wisp gengar is more powerful than you might assume. the evs, among other things, prevent power whip from standard ferrothorn from breaking the sub, allowing gengar to set up will-o-wisp with impunity on it. will-o-wisp also hits a ton of common gengar threats, including tyranitar and scizor, rendering them incapable of causing any major harm to the team. it can even function as a spinblocker, only taking about 17% damage from forretress gyro ball after it's burned. the speed investment allows it to outspeed max speed timid heatran and max speed adamant lucario. the best part about this set, however, is its unexpectedness. when a gengar switches in, the opponent automatically assumes either subdisable, subsplit, or scarf - never utility (unless they just got done playing adv ou or something).

this set is completely legitimate, and i urge anybody who's tired of the same old gengar every time to give it a try. you won't be disappointed.

@ Black Sludge
Bold Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
Very interesting set, I love the utility that Gengar's unique combination of speed and access to WoW brings to the table. I'm not sure I like your EV spread that much, but it depends on what your team needs to outspeed.

Kingdra @ Absorb Bulb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor

We all know that Kingdra is great against rain. It's speed is doubled in it, it gets a double Water STAB, and it has a 4x resistance to opposing rain team's Water attacks. Absorb Bulb is generally considered useless since it works like an inferior Storm Drain, but it actually works well on Kingdra, complimenting it's already great anti-rain capabilities. Against a rain team, switch in against one of the many water moves they'll be spamming, and you've effectively got a Choice Specs Kingdra that can switch moves. It's typing and bulk makes this very easy to do - Modest Specs Rotom-W's Hydro Pump does only 33-39% in the rain. And unlike Kingdra's Choice Specs set, this one can still be useful outside of the rain, since rain dance still gives it the speed boost and more powerful water attacks, andthere will often be at least one water move user unless the opponent is using a sun team. The EV spread is standard fare on Kingdra; special attack gives maximum power, while the speed let's you outpace base 108 scarfers in the rain. The rest goes in bulk.

Kingdra @ Absorb Bulb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
Just a little nitpick, if you run 228 Speed EVs you get the jump on Scarf Base 110's such as Latios and Gengar under Rain. Maybe a set of 36 HP / 244 SAtk / 228 Spe would be more optimal for Kingdra?

As for creative sets, I've been using something that has worked really quite well.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 240 SAtk / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

I have been testing this set for a little while now, and I can say it is pretty amazing. SubRoost Kyurem has very respectable bulk, meaning that its Substitutes stay can stay around for a long time. For this reason, Kyurem finds it very easily to set up Substitutes against Defensive threats, such as Heatran, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, Amoonguss, Slowbro, Gliscor, Skarmory, Politoed, Chansey, Forretress and a whole array of other common mons used among more defensively inclined teams. If you use this set with Toxic Spikes support, it is very hard to beat. I have been using this on a Hail Teams with Abomasnow / Tentacruel support, and I have had amazing results with it. A number of useful resistances and good bulk means Kyurem can safely switch in to a lot of things and Roost back up after Stealth Rock. The only problem I have had with Kyurem is severe four-move-slot syndrome. A Substitute 3 attacks set decimates stall cores when Chansey is down, being able to hit Amoonguss / Heatran / Slowbro hard, however I feel in this state of the metagame, this is particularly effective. With BW2 making offensive teams that much more viable, it gives Kyurem a much better chance of actually accomplishing anything. As for the EVs, 52 HP EVs give Kyurem 404 Substitutes, enough to avoid Seismic Toss breaking Kyurem's Substitute. 216 Speed EVs with a Timid Nature are all Kyurem needs to beat everything it needs to. This allows Kyurem to outspeed Lucario, Haxorus, Heatran, Dragonite and Modest Hydreigon, all of which can deal significant damage to Kyurem. The rest into Special Attack for more punch, allowing Kyurem to leave huge dents in defensive cores that fail to phase Kyurem out, or Taunt it quickly.

Just a little nitpick, if you run 228 Speed EVs you get the jump on Scarf Base 110's such as Latios and Gengar under Rain. Maybe a set of 36 HP / 244 SAtk / 228 Spe would be more optimal for Kingdra?

As for creative sets, I've been using something that has worked really quite well.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 240 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
Just a little advice. Since you have roost you may want to try life orb because then you would deal much more damage and turn the 2OHKOs into OHKOs. And roost can pretty much regain all the health lost by Life Orb.

The idea behind SubRoost Kyurem is not really to do damage, but to stall out low PP moves with Pressure. Things like Tyranitar's Stone Edge quickly run out after 4 turns of use. While Kyurem's damage output and coverage are fairly good, Lefties is clearly the superior option.

SubRoost isn't really creative, there's a reason it's the first set listed in Kyurem's onsite analysis. Good, but not particularly innovative.

In fact, both emerinho and Jimbon's sets are sets that are already onsite, and thereby do not belong here. Perhaps you were looking for this thread instead?

As for that Gengar set, I suppose being able to burn things that aren't expecting it is nice and all but it really just looks like a vastly inferior Jellicent when you're using it that way. Pretty much ALL it seems to have going for it is surprise factor, and after that's gone you're left with a weak hitting, slow Gengar that gets wrecked by other special attackers. Maybe I'm underestimating its bulk but I can't see it doing much damage after it is initially found out.

@ Black Sludge
Bold Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

utility gengar is a beast. this looks really stupid, i know, but give it a chance. sub-wisp gengar is more powerful than you might assume. the evs, among other things, prevent power whip from standard ferrothorn from breaking the sub, allowing gengar to set up will-o-wisp with impunity on it. will-o-wisp also hits a ton of common gengar threats, including tyranitar and scizor, rendering them incapable of causing any major harm to the team. it can even function as a spinblocker, only taking about 17% damage from forretress gyro ball after it's burned. the speed investment allows it to outspeed max speed timid heatran and max speed adamant lucario. the best part about this set, however, is its unexpectedness. when a gengar switches in, the opponent automatically assumes either subdisable, subsplit, or scarf - never utility (unless they just got done playing adv ou or something).

this set is completely legitimate, and i urge anybody who's tired of the same old gengar every time to give it a try. you won't be disappointed.
Were you by any chance the person who used this against me last night haha? It caught me completely off gaurd and I had to forfeit... just shows how effective it can be.

Another thing which caused me to lose due to being entirely unable to work around it was:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid 252 SpA 252 Spe (I assume)
-Substitute
-Magma Storm
-Earth Power
-HP Ice

I was not at all expecting the combination of trapping power along with coverage and substitute, which meant that it could generally take out a few mons along with providing set up opportunities for the rest of the team. If I remember correctly it was also paired with another trapper or two and this pulled my team apart.

Oops, realised a slight variation of this was on site already.

So I read the Smog and I gave the Tailwind Reshiram + Kyruem-W core a go in Ubers and not only was it super fun, but it was practical. With that in mind, I decided to try the same strategy in OU and see if it would work. Of course no Pokemon in OU had Reshiram's typing and the pool of Tailwind Dragons are almost exclusively Physical Dragon/Flying-types. There were the Lati but the Pursuit weakness and lack of ways to deal with Steel-types was just not suitable for a Dragon that needs to be switching in and out while minimizing opponent's chances to set-up. But there was one Pokemon that caught my eye:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Roost

Apparently Hydreigon got Tailwind in BW2 and to be honest, Hydreigon is almost everything I was looking for in a Tailwind user and imo it is the most reliable user of Tailwind around. Yeah Tornadus has Prankster but it can't switch in even half as often as Hydreigon. But as I was saying, Hydreigon works because there are so few things in this game that look at Hydreigon and go "I can switch into that" or "I can set up on that" and it becomes more of a "okay, what do I want to sack" situation.

To start: Modest Life Orb Draco Meteor; the end. Fire Blast for coverage is far better than what Latios can provide even if he wasn't Pursuit weak. Once Tailwind is up, just...forget your everything that could revenge Hydreigon without priority because it's not going to; not even Ditto can do anything. Probably the best thing about that coverage on Hydreigon is that the only Pokemon that really could switch in safely, bar the pink blobs, are Heatran and Tyranitar and even they are KOed by 2 Full-power Draco Meteors, if they're not running a defensive spread, which can easily be arranged by forcing them out with a switch after the first one.

Of course being at -2 from Draco opens some doors for some undesirable conditions but when Tailwind's up, Hydreigon's team is still at a major advantage as checks for some Pokemon become full counters now that they can out-pace them and for the most part it's all up to you about what you run with Hydreigon. Landorus and Jirachi can now curb-stomp the Base 108+s that would normally laugh at them, Mamoswine becomes terrifying, and Dragonite, who also gets Tailwind, becomes a borderline superhero. Those are just some examples of things that benefit greatly from Tailwind even for just 2 turns. I personally run Kyurem as Hydreigon's offensive partner for that deliciously potent Double Draco core with Earth Power & Focus Blast covering everything Hydreigon doesn't, including Rain Steels. (The strategy transferred over from it's Uber counterpart extremely well btw. I've been using it for almost a week now while being pretty high on the ladder.)

This set is just a blast to use and it works perfectly in that weird way that Agilitygross worked in 4th Gen but Tailwind makes it a team player.
Superpower can be used over Roost to deal with blobs, Heatran, and Tyranitar but losing that recovery is a hefty price.
Could U-Turn make its way onto the set? It has uses in scouting, since some things that might switch into Hydreigon's Draco Meteor (lookin at you Jirachi) will sure as hell not want to stay in after Hydreigon gets off a Tailwind, or it risks being incinerated by Fire Blast or a potential Earth Power. You could then U-Turn out to whatever would threaten the switch in most.

(Kyurem) @ Life Orb
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost

Offensive kyurem is very strong, BW2 gave roost and earth power at kyurem as take advantage? In this way. Srsly, earth power affect hard heatran and jirachi (ohko and 2hko respectively) draco meteor destroy something all and roost increases the staying power.

Yes, i'm a kyurem fan

@ Leftovers
Cursed Body (Water Absorb is useable)
252 HP, rest is up to you
Calm/Bold/Timid Nature
- Scald/Surf
- Sub
- Recover
- Shadow Ball/Toxic/WoW/Night Shade

Not much to explain here. Sub prevents status and lets you wall Blissey. Tentacruel will be hard pressed to break your Subs, and you can burn it for the win. Ferrothorn suffers the same fate once its Power Whip runs out of PP. Shadow Ball hits Celebi, Rueniclus, and Lati@s hard. Toxic is obviously a good stalling move.

Edit: Looking at the Pokemon in Ou, the only things that give this problems are
~Rotom-w (Scarfed versions are easy to wear down, and they better hope cursed body doesnt activate if they use Thunderbolt)
~Breloom (easily worn down by Shadow Ball, although Bullet Seed can hit you through Sub)
~Keledo (only versions with Hp Ghost can touch you, and if they have it they usually lack Sub)
~Dragonite can set up a few dd's but hates status
~Cm Jirachi is hard to deal with
~Verizon is easily worn down
~Vaporeon cant touch you
~Toxicroak cant touch you, but you cant touch it if you dont use Shadow Ball

@ Leftovers
Calm/Bold/Timid Nature
- Scald/Surf
- Sub
- Recover
- Shadow Ball/Taunt/Toxic/WoW/Disable/Spite

Not much to explain here. Sub prevents status and lets you wall Blissey. Tentacruel will be hard pressed to break your Subs, and you can burn it for the win. Ferrothorn suffers the same fate once its Power Wip runs out of PP. Shadow Ball hits Celebi, Rueniclus, and Lati@s hard, although Taunt lets you wallbreak better. Toxic is obviously a good stalling move.
Why the sub? You can wall blissey anyway with taunt...and status from what? Tentacruel will try to spin and if it has toxic and at least 20 evs to speed it can toxic you anyway. If it hasn't toxic it isn't a problem (also for set without sub)

Also, if you want use Cursed Body you need a beller for burn from opponents scald

Why the sub? You can wall blissey anyway with taunt...and status from what? Tentacruel will try to spin and if it has toxic and at least 20 evs to speed it can toxic you anyway. If it hasn't toxic it isn't a problem (also for set without sub)

Also, if you want use Cursed Body you need a beller for burn from opponents scald
You have very good points. Nothing is stopping you from giving Jellicant speed Eves, and Tentacruel is easily trapped by Gothitelle/Dugtrio. I know Tentacruel has base 100 speed but it rarely invests much into it.

Sub and Taunt both prevent status, and each has their own advantages. Sub's main advantage is scouting and stalling for status damage without fear of a crit, or in the face of fatal moves. Taunt obviously prevents setup. Since they serve alot of the same purpous ill remove Taunt as a slash.

Guys, it seems some of us are forgetting the rules. Please comment on the set posted above you, it's just courtesy.

(Kyurem) @ Life Orb
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Roost

Yes, I'm a kyurem fan
I kind of like this. Kyurem getting Earth Power and Blizzard + Draco Meteor provides for insane coverage. I feel I should probably at least mention Dragon Pulse > Draco Meteor just because of Roost, but, not really necessary, seeing as Draco Meteor is a lot stronger.

Good upgrade to Hail teams :D

@ Leftovers
Calm/Bold/Timid Nature
- Scald/Surf
- Sub
- Recover
- Shadow Ball/Taunt/Toxic/WoW/Disable/Spite

~Breloom (
easily worn down by Shadow Ball, although Bullet Seed can hit you through Sub)
~
Verizon is easily worn down
~Vaporeon cant touch you
Okay, let me give this to you straight. The lack of Evs does matter, as it may define the strategy better. Without Speed, Vaporeon can toxic first. Okay, well, just add speed. But, do you give up defense to ensure youre faster? You need to explain. A little edit should do the trick.

I don't like sub on Jelli, but, surprise :D! maybe? Breloom can't be worn down, unless you are able to Will-O-Wisp a Toxic Heal one/ magically survive Bullet Seed with 252 Hp/ rest is up to you. Verizion definitely can't be warn down, just because Giga Drain is hawt. This only applies if you don't have one of the last slashed moves, being Disable, which I think would sort of make this set to be honest. If it got it.

The last moveslot shouldn't be as big as you made it. If you plan on Sub+Disablelol, say that. If you plan on being a certain defensive way, say that so toxic/will-o can be implemented rightfully.
It's just odd to have it so big for a certain strategy.Prolly just me.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
~Rotom-w: Volt-Switch hits faster, so unless you have a substitute prior its doesn't counter Rotom-W, only mildly checks it at best.
~Breloom: You already said it; Bullet Seed.
~Keledo: Most Keldeo are walled by any variant of Jellicent
~Dragonite: Rain DNite Thunders / Offensive Lum Berry / SubDD Set / many sets Jelli can't wall too easily.
~Cm Jirachi: I wouldn't stay in on this with any Rachi unless it I knew it wasn't SubCM, and if it is SubCM, Jellicent has no business staying in on this thing anyways.
~Verizon: Not commonly seen in OU
~Vaporeon: ^. And it can also roar your Jelliass out anyways...
~Toxicroak: Most Jellicent wall this anyways.

Um, I guess my point is this: What benefits does SubJelli have over the standard Utility Jelli? Maybe I'm missing something but the things you mentioned are either threatened by or counter Jellicent accordingly. From what I am seeing its for Blissey and Tena. Blissey is stopped by taunt anyways, although Sub is useful against Blissey I guess. Although without Taunt it gets rocks up for free... Tenta can't break your subs if your Water Absorb, so it would probably switch assuming anyways and most Jelli threaten it with just Taunt. I don't know if sub is worth using, maybe mention it on the utility set that it has benefits... I don't know. Please tell me why I would use Sub over Taunt. I mean I KNOW they each have their own advantage, so this is my Q: Why sub over Taunt? IN most cases, Taunt is better. I think I'm missin something so sorry if I did .-.

Guys, it seems some of us are forgetting the rules. Please comment on the set posted above you, it's just courtesy.

I kind of like this. Kyurem getting Earth Power and Blizzard + Draco Meteor provides for insane coverage. I feel I should probably at least mention Dragon Pulse > Draco Meteor just because of Roost, but, not really necessary, seeing as Draco Meteor is a lot stronger.

Good upgrade to Hail teams :D

Okay, let me give this to you straight. The lack of Evs does matter, as it may define the strategy better. Without Speed, Vaporeon can toxic first. Okay, well, just add speed. But, do you give up defense to ensure youre faster? You need to explain. A little edit should do the trick.

I don't like sub on Jelli, but, surprise :D! maybe? Breloom can't be worn down, unless you are able to Will-O-Wisp a Toxic Heal one/ magically survive Bullet Seed with 252 Hp/ rest is up to you. Verizion definitely can't be warn down, just because Giga Drain is hawt. This only applies if you don't have one of the last slashed moves, being Disable, which I think would sort of make this set to be honest.

The last moveslot shouldn't be as big as you made it. If you plan on Sub+Disable, say that. If you plan on being a certain defensive way, say that so toxic/will-o can be implemented rightfully.
It's just odd to have it so big for a certain strategy.Prolly just me.
Ive never used Kyrum thats why i didnt respond. I'd use Outrage over Draco Meteor to hit special walls hard, but otherwise it seems nice.

Breloom most certianly be worn down, it does have base 60Hp/Spd, and the most common set (Techniloom) doesnt invest in Hp or run Poison Heal. Poison Heal versions dont use Bullet Seed so they're much less threatning. Giga Drain is hardly Hawt, and wont recover much from hitting a Sub anyways. Meanwile Jellicant hits it with Toxic, Shadow Ball, or fishes for a burn. And god forbid if Toxic Spikes are up ^_*

You always want 252Hp and thats why i put that...some speed is needed but its up to personal preference...Jellicant doesnt get disable, i could've sworn it did. Removed. Spite is probably crap too.

~Rotom-w: Why sub over Taunt? IN most cases, Taunt is better. I think I'm missin something so sorry if I did .-.
Sub scouts choice users and lets you stall for toxic/burn damage...while also blocking status and easing prediction.

Also i didnt say use this to counter Rotom-W. Rotom is a shaky counter though. If it comes in on a Sub, you can always sub again as they Volt Switch out.

You have very good points. Nothing is stopping you from giving Jellicant speed Eves, and Tentacruel is easily trapped by Gothitelle/Dugtrio. I know Tentacruel has base 100 speed but it rarely invests much into it.

Sub and Taunt both prevent status, and each has their own advantages. Sub's main advantage is scouting and stalling for status damage without fear of a crit, or in the face of fatal moves. Taunt obviously prevents setup. Since they serve alot of the same purpous ill remove Taunt as a slash.
Tentacruel needs only 20 evs on speed for overcome it (if jellicent is timid and max speed)
Also, your jellicent lose much staying power with that evs spread...

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 220 Def / 40 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 2 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

This used with Dugtrio solves pretty much every problem.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 220 Def / 40 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 2 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

This used with Dugtrio solves pretty much every problem.
Any reason for those particular EVs? They seem pretty randomly spread about. I do think it looks more useful than you're typical forry set though, since it doesn't try to do too much at once. Volt-Switch is pretty much essential with Rapid Spin if you ever intend on spinning hazards on teams with Spinblockers, and the others allow it to check a lot of threats. Have you considered using Gothitelle instead of Dugtrio as a trapping partner though? I'm not sure but I think it might have more success trapping and KOing stuff Forry wants gone.

Sceptile @ White Herb
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 212 Spd / 252 SAtk / 44 HP
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

It's probably been posted before, but, It works out nice. The things that threaten this set (movepoolwise) would be Volcarona, Jirachi/Metagross, and the like.

The moveset is optimized to work under any weather. Leaf Storm + Unburden + White Herb gives a lot a speed, a powerful hit, and no loss from it (bar a White Herb). Because Fire Types don't care about Focus Blast as much, Hidden Power [Rock] is definitely a replacement for [Ice], as Sceptile's main enemies are Fire, Flying, and Ice types. However, this does lose out on super effective damage on Celebi, which walls it otherwise and makes you lose the Unburden boost if you switch. Focus Blast is for Steel types, which would otherwise wall this set with either mentioned Hidden Powers.

The current Ev spread allows Sceptile to dish out the most damage, especially with a Modest Nature. The 212 speed may seem a tad.. bad.. because of Unburden, but it lets Sceptile outspeed max speed (+Nature) base 100 Pokemon by 1 point of speed without Unburden's help. This has come in handy quite a few times against aforementioned Celebi(s).
I recently saw a set like this, the user had Petaya Berry over White Herb and Substitute over Leaf Storm. Get rid of priority, sub down until Petaya and Unburden activate, and sweep from there. Giga Drain also brings your HP back up, and leaves less open to revenge killing by priority, although you should get rid of them beforehand anyways.

Lapras (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Ice Shard

What do you think of this?

Lapras (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Ice Shard

What do you think of this?
Well for Lapras in OU that's pretty standard, though using it is always eh at best. Have you actually tried it? You just said "what do you think of this?" which suggests to me that you just came up with this but haven't actully tested it yet. The simple fact is that in OU Lapras is going to have a hell of a time setting up with all the powerful electric type and grass type attacks flying around, and that it gets rather crippled outside of rain. The real issue though is that it doubles up on weaknesses with Politoed and even adds its own weaknesses.

Then there's the fact that Water and Ice don't get great coverage without a third move, primarily due to opponsing water types which will wall this set to hell and back. Rotom-W in particular will smush this.

Still I can see the set having some success, especially once powerful fighting, Rock, Electric and Grass attackers are removed. That's a pretty tall order considering how common those types are offensively, but it can be done. So I think this set could work, but there are probably better options out there.

Yes, i have already tried it in BW2 (and in BW1) and yeah...i'm agree with you, electric, grass and fighting attackers are a problem. (mainly eletric...rain team...thunder spam...)

Any reason for those particular EVs? They seem pretty randomly spread about. I do think it looks more useful than you're typical forry set though, since it doesn't try to do too much at once. Volt-Switch is pretty much essential with Rapid Spin if you ever intend on spinning hazards on teams with Spinblockers, and the others allow it to check a lot of threats. Have you considered using Gothitelle instead of Dugtrio as a trapping partner though? I'm not sure but I think it might have more success trapping and KOing stuff Forry wants gone.
Gamester and I used this for our Solar Vengeance team.

The SpA Evs are used to 2HKO Landorus and Gliscor. The rest is put into HP/Def for bulkyness.

Gyro Ball lets it check terrakion, which is essential for a sun team. HP ice is for Landorus, Gliscor, and dragons. Volt Switch gives you momentum against Politoad as well as Jellicent. There are many other uses too.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Well for Lapras in OU that's pretty standard, though using it is always eh at best. Have you actually tried it? You just said "what do you think of this?" which suggests to me that you just came up with this but haven't actully tested it yet.
Sorry for being unclear, yeah I used this set on my rain team back in the BW1 Thundurus era, and it always stole the show and got me #1 on the Pokemon Online main server's WiFi OU ladder. Not sure how it functions in this metagame, but, hell, with Thundurus out of the picture, it should do some serious work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)