Dusclops

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
You can Poison Steel types, and you can't Burn Fire types. This assures you the fact that everything will be taking damage, since Dusclops' Atk/SpAtk are pitiful (even with Calm Mind for the SpAtk).
DynamicPunch hits Steels SE, and then you can burn them. Fire- Types are Frail,(Name me a plausible OU Fire-Type that's defensive, besides Heatran, who gets downed by DynamicPunch) so you could just keep DynamicPunching them until they die / Confusion kills them.

DynamicPunch hits Steels SE, and then you can burn them. Fire- Types are Frail,(Name me a plausible OU Fire-Type that's defensive, besides Heatran, who gets downed by DynamicPunch) so you could just keep DynamicPunching them until they die / Confusion kills them.
Behind a base 70 Atk stat, and I would be guessing 0 Atk EVs, at BEST, you will need a 2HKO even on Lucario, and a 3HKO on Infernape. That Dynamicpunch isn't doing much damage to Jirachi or Metagross either. I'd much rather use it once, rely oon FusionHax, and then Burn them so they can do as much damage to me.

Dynamic Punch has 5-8 PP, on a wall.. That's not exactly ideal.

Use Confuse Ray instead, more PP and more reliable.
You won't need Gravity, though you can still use it if you want. But it allows you to run something more useful.

Oh wow both his defences are gonna spike with pre evolutionary stone 130 defenses with a +1 definitely makes for a tough wall to break, on top of the fact it can will o wisp and night shade/seismic toss for reasonable damage with out any attacking power. only thing is that It can only heal with pain split and rest.

Pain Split is more efficient offensively when you have 0 EVs in HP.
Try 4 Atk/252 Def/ 252SpDef if you really want Pain Split to be more offensive on the opponent since Dusclops has it low anyway.
It's not defensive, but it could work with Night Shade since Pain Split+WoW gets normals. (Blissey will hate you)

Pain Split is more efficient offensively when you have 0 EVs in HP.
Try 4 Atk/252 Def/ 252SpDef if you really want Pain Split to be more offensive on the opponent since Dusclops has it low anyway.
It's not defensive, but it could work with Night Shade since Pain Split+WoW gets normals. (Blissey will hate you)
Not even close to being worth the loss of overall defenses. Dusclops needs to run max HP at all times. Doing a bit more damage with his healing move is irrelevant.

Am I the only one who finds it funny Duclops is pretty much strictly better then Dusknoir, at least in terms of general walling.
The only advantages Noir has that I can see is higher attack and Lefties.

Not even close to being worth the loss of overall defenses. Dusclops needs to run max HP at all times. Doing a bit more damage with his healing move is irrelevant.
It's not that clear-cut, though, because his defensive stats get a boost from the stone. So each EV in Def or SpD is worth 1.5x one in HP. Even though normally it would be a lot more efficient defensively to invest in HP, combined with improving the rate of recovery from Pain Split (and its offensive potential, but that's secondary), maxing Def and SpD might be the way to go.

Since the stone is a straight 1.5x boost to the defenses and defensiveness is approximately proportional to the product of hp and defense the stone will give him 1.5x the defensiveness no matter how the EV's are so to maximize defensiveness with the stone EV wise is the same as maxing defensiveness without it. Maxing HP is the way to go.

So, does this mean Dusknoir is mostly outclassed by his younger brother? Seeing as Dusky's advantages are Leftovers and fairly good attack (not great, but enough to let him wall and hit back), and Dusclops has these newfound massive defenses, it seems like Dusclops is usually better option as they both specialize in walling. If so, I find the situation both funny and saddening. I like the big fat ghost : (

Defenses are looking great on this guy thanks to the stone. Dusclops' low HP should pair very well Pain Split. Offensive stats are just horrible though. Night Shade is definitely the best option for doing consistent damage.

Rhys DeAnno

Slacking Off
I had some success using a stall team centered around Wish Blissey and Defensive Dusclops on PO tonight. I was using 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD Bold with Pain Split/WoW/Seismic Toss/Taunt on the Dusclops, and though Pain Split wasn't really reliable having WishBliss around really helps him out, and he loves freely switching into all those Close Combats and choiced Superpowers that get aimed at Blissey.

As for using Taunt, I know he's really slow but honestly what better move is this guy gonna use with his loltastic attack stats? Taunt is good for stopping other walls (and Rapid Spin Starmie) from recovering, stopping you from getting phased, and even stopping random stuff like Crocune from setting up in your face.

I need to give this guy a try - my team has horrid Fighting weak and that's just not going to work in this game. if he's anywhere near as good as a defensive beast as Porygon2, I'll be ecstatic, and he can spinblock too. Hoping to get some impressions from others who have used him.
WoW > Toxic is pretty much a 'duh', right? Even if he's replacing my Toxic-possessing Duck on a team with no Toxic Spikes? (planning on the status/Confuse Ray/Pain Split/Night Shade route to start off.)

Pre-evo stone Dusclops is bulky, though unlike its evo it can't hit hard enough without Seismic Toss. It might be just me, but I kind of prefer higher attack + Leftovers of Dusknoir.

I think you'll find which one is best depends on your team to be honest. Dusknoir will be best on some teams, due to Leftovers and physical attacks, Dusclops will be better on others, due to his better defenses, and there's a few other smaller advantages he has too, like Dusclops is faster in Trick Room and Pain Split is a little bit better on Dusclops.

I use this set with pre-evo stone Dusclops:

Dusclops@Pre-evo Stone
Bold/Calm
252 HP/128 Defense/128 Special Defense
Pressure
- Mean Look
- Curse
- Rest
- Night Shade

Trap your opponent and use Curse, then just wait 4 turns and say goodbye to your opponent's pokemon. Rest is mandatory since Curse take 50% of your HP. Obviously, Taunt is this Dusclops' nightmare.

(sorry if my english is bad)

does that mean I won't be able to use dusclops in Lower tiers no more? from the looks of it this is looking bad for dusclops NU was his best environment he was excellent spinner there as he crippled NU's most dangerous threats *cough* *charizard*, Dusknoir outclass in my opinion as he can actually damage Pokemon with 236 attack which may not seem like it but is a big difference compared to 176 attack, but both pokes can OHKO gengar though with shadow punch which is always good.

dusclops vs. dusknoir is a matter of preference do you like to stall or do you like too counter spinners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)