[Experimental] Final Fantasy V - Game Over!

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, my power is pretty excellent late game. Contact me for a soft alliance, you will not regret it. Lynch Life Admiral sorry, I have no idea who my enemy is, but you started a roll on me, I'm gonna strike back.
Edit: changed vote

okay, let me just say this.

I thought ginga was my enemy, >_>. Glad I could help out yeti though. Also, Hydrattler, interesting that you're targeting me, it's like you want to kill me! I'm sorry Hydrattler, but this is only self defense ;)

Throw random shit at Hydrattler

If you aren't my enemy, and could point me in his general direction, I may be persuaded to change my vote.
i thought you were my enemy, now i look at it i think we both need kingEmerald dead to win, im changing my vote to him and you should change to him as well

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i thought you were my enemy, now i look at it i think we both need kingEmerald dead to win, im changing my vote to him and you should change to him as well
I don't think everyone needs me dead. Life Admiral, Flamestrike, and now both you and King of Kongs? I don't think so.
Lynch Hydrattler

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
dear fellow players, as you saw both my enemies are dead, that means none of you need to kill me.

let me get my last exp in peace.. pretty sure you all have bigger fish to fry than some lazy cracka who didn't hit level 4 yet.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
At 11 Am my time we were talking about updating, it's now 7 PM my time >_>
This means that they're making sure everything is completely right, like all of our actions, the flavor etc... Which means this is probably the final update. That means that you don't have a way to insure that your enemy is dead by this cycle, that probably means you lost.

Quagsires strides finally over to where everyone else is, glad that he is finally allowed to do an update rather than be delegated to send pms to everyone else. He sees the confusion between King Emerald and Kingofongs in particular.

"I CAN HELP YOU, YOU DON'T ALL NEED ME DEAD" screams King Emerald, desperately needing an ally with someone to win the game.

Of course, his response is the terse discussion between everyone else, followed by the screams of Flamestrike rushing at him like a true beserker, with Lifeadmiral doing just enough damage after him to finish him off.

And thus King Emerald died.

Dear King Emerald,
You are a White Wizard.

“Priests who use white magic to heal and protect allies”

Level: 3
HP: 9
MP: 13
Atk Power: 0
Exp: 13
Next: 8

Abilities:
MP Charge:
Restores 4 MP. However, you cannot use any other actions this turn.

Cure
(Costs 3 MP) Cure - Target USER gains 6 HP. Heals 3 HP if used on self.

Blind

(Costs 4 MP) Blind - Target USER1 must target another target USER2.(Did not level up and get)

Letters: EKM

You are holding Dark Matter. Prevents Magical Damage for one turn (One Use). Can be mixed with another item. Support.

Your enemy in this game is the Blue Wizard.
However, before Flamestrike and Lifeadmiral ran away for good, they looked back at Hydrattler, the second lynch target for today, be attacked by Kingofkongs as well as Yeti and the corpse of King Emerald, although Yeti and Kingofkongs are the only ones doing damage.

Hydrattler calmly smiles, and then prepares his own ability, asper, to use on his true enemy, Kingofkongs...

...And then an excalibur hits him in the back of the head, killing him instantly. When you look back, it was definitely thrown by Kingofkongs, finally realizing who his true enemy was.

Dear Hydrattler,
You are a Black Wizard.

“Wizards whose powerful black magic strikes fear into enemies”

Level: 4
HP: 10
MP: 14
Exp: 21
Next: When the Angels win the pennant.

Abilities:
MP Charge:

Sleep
(Costs 2 MP) - Target USER cannot use any more than one action this turn.

Poison
(Costs 4 MP) - Target USER becomes poisoned. They lose 1 HP every turn. They will continue losing HP until they are cured of Poisoning.

Asper
(Costs 3 MP) - Target USER loses 3 HP. The Black Mage Gains 3 HP.

Letters: EXD

You are holding a Gale Bow. You can’t use this item, but someone else can make use of it. Weapon.

Your enemy in this game is the Archer.
Now done watching this, Flamestrike and Lifeadmiral walk into the sunset, both victorious after the death of King Emerald
Dear Flamestrike,
You are a Berserker.

“Always berserk in battle, these feral warriors sacrifice commands to gain attack strength and power”

HP: 17
Atk Power: 4
Exp: 0
Next: Now what?

Abilities:
Berserk:
Can only be activated once. Upon activation, you and any other members of your alliance will take 1 less damage during a lynch until one of your alliance members die. However, after 3 turns of being activated, the Berserker will begin taking 2 damage a turn.

Letters: ARS

You are holding a Goldpin. The holder of this item will half MP costs for any of their abilities. Weapon.

Your enemy in this game is the White Wizard.
Dear LifeAdmiral,
You are a Blue Wizard.

“Mages with the ability to learn monsters' special attacks”

HP: 12
MP: 13
Next: .

Abilities:
MP Charge:

Scan
Reveals Target's Role PM.

Magic Hammer and Missile
(Costs 7 MP) - Halves Target USER's HP and MP.
White Wind
(Costs 13 MP) All enemies lose HP equal to the difference between the Blue Wizard's Max and Current HP. (If this ability were to kill anyone off, it leaves them at 1 HP instead)

Letters: INS

Your enemy in this game is the Time Mage.
And thus Kingofongs walks off, as if he is going to go and host some beginner game, still not exactly sure what just happened.
Dear kingofkongs,
You are a Ninja.

“Stealthy fighters who excel at surprising enemies and can wield two weapons at once”

HP: 11
Atk Power: 2
Next: When you put out the fire that we didn't start.

Abilities: None

Letters: ART

You are holding Masamune. The holder of this item gains the highest priority in this game for all of his actions (bar some). Weapon.

Your enemy in this game is the Black Wizard.
That leaves only Yeti, who is still rambling on about how wiggas be jackin' her swag and not letting her win yet.

So the most sensible thing is done to the new winner by Quagsires. He uses dynamicpunch to shoot her away from the game, and hopefully into bliss and hosting. I'm not posting that role pm again.

And thus Acklow, Johann, Quagsires, and Unclesam all sit around, wondering what'll happen next.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YETI, KINGOFKONGS, FLAMESTRIKE, AND LIFEADMIRAL FOR WINNING FF5 MAFIA.

GAME OVER, I WILL PUT PICS IN ONCE ACKLOW GIVES THE LINKS, GOOGLE WASN'T HELPING MUCH.

GG, PROBABLY GONNA BE A POSTGAME WITH ACKLOW PROBABLY TRYING TO GET MORE ART FROM FATECRASHERS.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Mad props to my broski kok killing the wrong guy LMAO what a thug. Slops to terradumb but thx m8s for letting me get my last exp in peace..

Thanks to the hosts for letting me quest on to lv4 rofl i idled sooooo much i dont even.

Gg ME what a great turn of events its prob because my avatar is so nonhideous :U

oh yeah 700th post shout out to all my peaceful gameplayers who left me be & my SANDS fans and BOOM terrador i had too much strongth

It's kind of funny that exp was so hyped up and it wasn't nearly as important as the game let on.

A few questions on my part.

Who kept attacking me? I'm presuming atm that it was ipl. EDIT: It was ipl, and oh yeah I told Blue_Tornado who my prey was. lol. Still doesn't explain the other suspicious things...

Now, one possibility is that he simply guessed who I was thanks to the relative openness with which I revealed details about myself, but I find it hard to believe that he would get it right without certainty of my role, which I told only to Terrador and the short-lived secret channel alliance I had with Wild Eep, kingofkongs, Ditto and GoldenKnight. I want to blame Terrador because I really should have just called [Terrador's] bluff that he had power to prevent a mass-lynch toward me. (Why go through the trouble of threatening people early on?) However, equally odd was the sudden desertion of the secret channel. I suddenly had no idea of what was going on, and nobody that I'd come in contact with was ever on when I needed them.

How did Daenym get my Holy Breath? Presumably, he stole it from... somebody... The problem is that I was never informed of the success or failure of my actions, so I don't know whether askaninjask had it, or Ditto had it, or Daenym stole it directly from me. I should not have had to ask this question, as it could have greatly affected the game had I survived longer.

i'm pretty sure we either found your rolename through elimination or some other way, but yes, i was originally the one to find out that you needed the monk dead, so that's how it got to ipl.

As far as I know Daenym never had your Holy Breath; if he did then he got it the turn he won (and therefore the turn you died) and it went straight into the freebie pile. Unfortunately we kinda had it in for you; our alliance was Blue_Tornado/IPL/myself/Hydrattler/Daenym/aska, then later on Life and ginga were added. Since IPL and Daenym both needed you dead you were pretty well screwed from the start, though killing you as early as we did wasn't exactly a great play on our part seeing as we lost IPL (who had a 4 attack vote with his ability) and Daenym (who had Mug for a free 3 damage each night).

Speaking of the alliance, apologies to Hydra for not finding a way to get you a win, it's mostly my fault we got into this situation and if Life refused to cooperate (he can comment on this but I'm pretty sure at that point he had no intention of doing anything but attacking KE) there was no way to do it (though if Life was willing to cooperate we could have, but anyway). I'm glad I won, but there's really no excuse for us not managing to get the entire alliance a win (except for aska, you really shot yourself in the foot by ditching us and going straight for the win).

Speaking of the alliance, apologies to Hydra for not finding a way to get you a win, it's mostly my fault we got into this situation and if Life refused to cooperate (he can comment on this but I'm pretty sure at that point he had no intention of doing anything but attacking KE) there was no way to do it (though if Life was willing to cooperate we could have, but anyway). I'm glad I won, but there's really no excuse for us not managing to get the entire alliance a win (except for aska, you really shot yourself in the foot by ditching us and going straight for the win).
Umm... there was nothing I could have done. I ended the game with 0 MP after 2 MP Hammer & Missile shots at KE and I never got my hands on the Gold Hairpin. So sorry Hydra but I couldn't help out.

yeah...how did you not get it? with the mp i gave you you should have had exactly enough mp for one more use, assuming you had the gold pin. that was kind of what was supposed to happen, and iirc, hydra sent in the pm.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Fuk Kingofkongs for killing me when he did not need me dead. What a (BAN ME PLEASE)
The hosts wern't kidding when they said I didn't know shit. I really didn't. Honestly, it was between you and Hydrattler, but I still won so I really don't give a fuck.
Also, yay for having two amazing abilities I never had to use.
My level 2 ablitiy: The first attack done at you for this cycle does 1/2 damage, needs to be recharged next cycle
My level 3 ability:The second attack done at you for this cycle does 1/4 damage, needs to be recharged next cycle

And finally, my favorite ability,
My level 4 ability: You may throw an item you hold at a person, they will recieve the item, but they will also take damage equal to 3X my attack stat.

For any of you wondering, throwing excalibur counts as 9 damage.

Thanks to the hosts for giving me one of the most amazing roles in the game.

Good game errybody :D

So I was serious that I didn't see my win coming. BT and IPL had decided (without telling me, despite me being in their alliance >.>) that they would take down Pok and Cape simultaneously, in addition to us hitting Eep. When the whole Terrador lynch reared its ugly head the lynch on Pok was sacrificed to take out Eep. And yeah, I was shocked.

So while I'm still happy I won, I felt bad that I couldn't help out the rest of my alliance (Aska, Hydrattler, and Ginga mainly, Flame/Life were pretty set once Von was gone).

I'd say the biggest factors of this game was probably luck of where you got put into the chain, and then how much of an alliance you could make using alternate links. I got lucky that half of my alliance was pretty much every other link in the chain, and we had a pretty good amount of firepower (though not quite as much as KoK/tas).

While I thought the exp/level system was cool, the amount of exp someone could gain in a single cycle was silly. Several people could have leveled twice when C1 started, myself included. And host errors were pretty much guaranteed. I argued/fixed my exp twice, as well as Hydrattler's. But we all knew that was a pretty probably outcome with so much stuff to keep track of. So if you got gypped on a levelup ever it's only partly the hosts' fault.

My favorite part of the game would have been the fact that I found out (through KoK) Eep was trying to kill me early C0, then was just sorta vague on my role (until someone (BT or Life?) sold me out. Terra told me later on (late in C0) that Cape was Elementalist. So I was pretty much chilling after that, other than getting as much exp as I could track down.

Best Player would be probably BT, I guess. He was very busy with his sheet and being in pseudo-alliances every which way.

IPL gets points for bringing me into BT's alliance, which basically sealed my win (at least that early on).

Von was probably one of the biggest forces in the game, if only because he lit a fire under everyone's ass right after the game started, meaning most alliances were gone within a few hours. If anything, I think this kind of backfired, though, because it made everyone target him as a threat (assuming he had a lot of items/alliances, meaning more than Flame/GK were after him).

Worst Player is a tough choice. Pok101 seemed like he was in over his head and having trouble grasping the concepts of mafia. Markyguila never made it past level 1 in multiple cycles iirc. Yeti idled most of the game, leading her to a fairly silly turnout at the end. So she's not worst, but certainly most embarrassing.

That's about it.

Oh, and still pissed I couldn't use Mug.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)