because he doesnt hit hard enough

Scizor is predictable too
but hes good at what he does

Weavile wasnt overrated
hes in the bottem of the stats

Starmie is also Overrated in my opinion
he can rapidspin then die or attack and die
because he doesnt hit hard enough
So being able to 2HKO nearly anything in the game not named Blissey with a Life Orb isn't hard-hitting enough for you?

I thought everyone here knew that azelf sucks as a lead and that it's just dumb to let your heatran in front of machamp. lol
This man is my hero. <3

I've beaten so many Azelf on Shoddy. It's got such paper defenses, that it shouldn't even bother being used first. Use Aerodactyl to set up Stealth Rock, for Christ's sake. It's faster, has more resistances, and

Nobody's gonna use Life Orb over Scarf. Nobody has the BALLS to risk being outsped by opponents, since Heatran would just die from any Earthquake anyway.

I apologize if I sounded like a douchebag. I was only screening my opinions while trying to use as much reason as possible, seeing as this is a thread of what one thinks. I'll make sure to bring my Scientific Calculator from now on. :)

I've beaten so many Azelf on Shoddy. It's got such paper defenses, that it shouldn't even bother being used first. Use Aerodactyl to set up Stealth Rock, for Christ's sake. It's faster, has more resistances
Aero has more resistances, yeah, but it literally runs nothing but Focus Sash in the lead slot, whereas Azelf can run Sash, LO, CB, TrickScarf, Colbur, and dual screens. The latter two are actually pretty bulky, so Aero dies more quickly than Azelf.

Nobody's gonna use Life Orb over Scarf. Nobody has the BALLS to risk being outsped by opponents, since Heatran would just die from any Earthquake anyway.
Life Orb Tran is actually fairly popular, with Taunt it is a great stallbreaker. If you actually played you'd know that Scarf is actually fairly rare, Shuca Berry Stealth Rock sets are much more common.

I think the Shuca Berry sets are fairly overrated. They don't pack the punch of a LO set that can just use HP Grass, and Tran is still OHKO'd by any fairly powerful EQ through Shuca anyway. LO Tran is really good, though.

heatran is overrated. It has such a poor speed, but no one ever talks about it. Every time there's an analysis on a base 80 speed poke, its best asset is outspeeding timid heatran, I mean seriously thats not something to boast. Heatran is also weak to water, ground, fighting which are such common attacks. You can always outpredict the scarf set since its the only attacks your really worrying about is fire blast,explosion (earth power if your using heatran). And it will rarely sweep because its slow

Lol@people saying Gyarados. Sure DDGyara has a ton of checks, but it is in no way overrated because its RestTalk set was very very good for checking tons of stuff.
I think the majority of people bashing Gyarados are referring to how only the DDGyara set is over-rated, while saying that RestTalk is still very good. That being said, I don't think that DDGyara is over-rated, as the consensus of the community seems to be that DDGyara sucks...

EDIT:
heatran is overrated. It has such a poor speed, but no one ever talks about it. Every time there's an analysis on a base 80 speed poke, its best asset is outspeeding timid heatran, I mean seriously thats not something to boast. Heatran is also weak to water, ground, fighting which are such common attacks. You can always outpredict the scarf set since its the only attacks your really worrying about is fire blast,explosion (earth power if your using heatran). And it will rarely sweep because its slow
Heatran isn't only an offensive beast (which it does do a good job at being), but it seems like no one is even mentioning TormentTran or SpDef Tran... and all Rock Types suffer from the typing problem, but Tyranitar isn't over-rated, now is it?

Aero leads are pretty overrated. It's not bad, but not good enough to be the most common lead.
How is it overrated? It performs its lead role perfectly. It has Rocks, Taunt, and the powerful StoneQuake combo coming from a good attack stat. Unlike something like SR Azelf lead or Frosslass Spiking leads whose sole purpose is to set up rocks/spikes and die, Aero is quite useful later in the battle if you allow it to live.

Heatran has enough speed to give balanced/stall teams alot of hell with a Life Orb set. Not to mention sets such as SubRoar, Specially Defensive, and Torment don't even run much speed, if any, since they're focused on taking hits. He does have big weaknesses to fighting, ground, and water, yes, but it is rare that he is OHKO'd by a water move (SDef set is 3HKO'd by Vaporeon's Surf), and fighting/ground is just something you have to prepare for with your other members. By no means does having these weaknesses make Heatran overrated, it does its job well in any role you want to use it in.

If you actually played you'd know that Scarf is actually fairly rare, Shuca Berry Stealth Rock sets are much more common.
I second this. AFAIK, ScarfTran was only popular pre-Latias ban. Heatran functions much better as a utility Pokemon in the current metagame.

I think the Shuca Berry sets are fairly overrated. They don't pack the punch of a LO set that can just use HP Grass, and Tran is still OHKO'd by any fairly powerful EQ through Shuca anyway. LO Tran is really good, though.
Shuca Berry Heatran has worked well as a Stealth Rock user for me and I still think it's pretty useful. Assuming a Naive nature, Heatran can usually survive unboosted Earthquakes coming from things other than Mamoswine.

Firstly, Pokemon aren't overrated if the consensus is that they suck.
Electivire is crying...

Anyway, so I think that...

that guy is one of the most over rated from generation 4... I mean, okay, it has potential sweeping power, but the fact that it needs so much prior things in order to be able to work out (SD, Agility set up, getting rid of common threats, etc.) is just too much in order to be able to use it effectively. Lucario is a threat, but it's not such a big one as people make it out to be.

Poor Electvire.. why anyone used it? lol

About Lucario.. he does well as a LATE game sweeper, so i dont think he's overrated.

Luke's too weak and slow to sweep
If it's on your team you'll weep
You pay the fee
to get an SD
Lucario's steel will be in a heap

EPIC POEM
Who are you guys kidding? Every Pokemon has checks, and just because SD Luke does too doesn't mean it sucks. As long as you get bulky Grounds out of the way Luke can pretty much sweep entire team.

Basically, Lucario is too slow to sweep normally, and its Extremespeed is too weak unboosted. Just about anything with some physical bulk can take a +0 Close Combat (if it's not weak to it) which makes Lucario very reliant on teammates to take out physical walls. If it tries to set up with Swords Dance or Agility and the opponent attacks, Luke is dead.

Salamence or Scizor. This was ridiculus, these things were everywhere to counter one-another.

MixMence is an idiot set that got abused, and only made the Dragon Dance set become so much better, because they'd DD while you switch to a Steel to take the Draco and then it was just about GG.

Scizor was the Steel most everyone was swithching to. Take 40ish% from Draco and BP to take a chunk of Mence so he dies from LO before he can finish the sweep.

Electivire was actually scary at +1 speed, and I've been swept multiple times by them. Lucario could have been good if you didn't use Swords Dance set and used that as the basis of how you'd use him, still meh.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Basically, Lucario is too slow to sweep normally, and its Extremespeed is too weak unboosted. Just about anything with some physical bulk can take a +0 Close Combat (if it's not weak to it) which makes Lucario very reliant on teammates to take out physical walls. If it tries to set up with Swords Dance or Agility and the opponent attacks, Luke is dead.
If your physical wall is Swampert, Lucario will sweep right through it. If Hippowdon has about 30% prior damage, Lucario will sweep right through him too. Scarfed checks don't work unless they're Steel types which were really only Jirachi and Magnezone. Flygon was the premier Choice Scarfer on most teams post-Mence, and that's just another thing for Lucario to sweep through.

It's not supposed to be 'easy' for anything to sweep unless it's overpowered, or very close to being overpowered. This is what we call a "balanced metagame". SD Luke really was top dog in sweeping ability after Mence left, rivaled only by Infernape (and no, I'm not talking about any of his shitty boosting sets, I'm talking about standard MixApe, who only has to hit things hard on the switch-in, then follow up with the correct move; rinse and repeat until either Ape or six Pokemon are dead).

Gengar isn't overrated at all, although, I have to say its more difficult to use than the Rotom forms. The SubSplit set in particular can be a real bitch to take down - especially with like Toxic Spikes which mean bulky waters and so on can't get rid of it. Substitute also removes the likelihood of being Pursuit trapped. LO sets with Explosion are also getting a pretty big boost in usage right now and from experience are pretty horrible to take down without losing a pokemon.

Hm, I guess that that's true. My second candidate is Jolteon. He can throw hits out like a beast, but when it comes to taking hits.... that's a totally different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)