1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

No-Playerlist Mafia - Game Over: Assassins and Unclesam win

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Daenym, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Crux

Crux
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Good Luck
  2. kingofmars

kingofmars
    is a Past SPL Winneris a VGC2 Winner

An obvious diversion tactic, nice try.

All inspectors target billy tonight, he is obvious scum.
  3. Coronis

Coronis NORM!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

glhf etc etc. I'm wondering how many people who've posted in the thread are actually playing O.o
  4. Spiffy

Spiffy

I wonder if anyone's...

WILLNIG TO SUB!!!

hehehehehehe
  5. Nightmare Jigglypuff

Nightmare Jigglypuff

Either that was a bad joke, or I'm having trouble realizing jokes today. It could be both though.
  6. Galladiator

Galladiator

Good luck to everyone else who got in.
  7. iFailed

iFailed

8. Agape

Agape

Hello guys. You are experts so I will be rational.

I need anyone to give me two targets they believe to be the same faction. My role is to check if two persons have compatible WC's. (Guess if I hit two non-listers I'll get a positive result.)

Normally I would ask people on IRC but I can't get on during American timezones until Thursday. Do not claim to me, I don't have the time to lead.

I will only share the info I get thru my role to a guy who gives me my role PM. Then I'll check him with someone I have confirmed with my role.

Recapping: I'm the Invisible WC comparer. I need two targets for tonight, preferably with a reason why those guys. You can drop me the names anonymously over IRC if you can.

And please, don't you people claim not in. We know that everyone who is active and moderately good got in. Like me. :)
  9. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

Another user has been subbed. Once again, Rule 12 does not apply to this subbing.
  10. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Hey everyone. It's me, Bass! I think this game is interesting. In fact, it is so interesting that it has given me the opportunity to embark on a thought provoking study. So I thought, why not just play a non anonymous game inside an anonymous game? It worked pretty well in the case of ete's Color Mafia, so I figure why not try something similar here?

To sign up, all you need to do is take my prescribed assessment of character. In layman's terms, this is just a survey. The rules are simple. The winner of the game will get an awesome secret prize.

Make sure you answer every question.
    Your responses must be honest and complete.
    You must post your responses in this thread.
    You have one chance only. No exceptions.
    You are guaranteed to do well if you follow these rules.
    By reading everything up to this point, you acknowledge that any sentence following this one is not guaranteed to be 100% true.

There are a limited number of spots available. I will pick players based on results of the survey, so make sure your responses are thoughtful!

Though not for the faint of heart, I will compile all of the results and post my analysis here. Who knows. If the results are interesting, I may expand my study further,

Anyway, the survey is as follows:

Section I: Personality Questions (open)

1) Are you a coward? If yes, you may skip the next question and go to Section II.

2) Justify your answer.

Section II: Belief Questions (open)

1) Do you believe in God?

2) Do you believe in Evolution?

3) Do you believe in Anthropogenic Climate Change?

4) Explain your answers to (1), (2), and (3) in one sentence each.

Section III: Behavioral Questions (open)

1) Do you think you can best me in a game of Diplomacy?

2) Suppose you just got home from school. If you saw a cupcake lying out in the open, would you eat it?

3) Can you solve the following differential equation?
    dy / dx = 2x

with the initial condition

y(0) = 0

(Write Yes or No)

4) If you answered "No" to the above question, write "I do not know enough Calculus" as your response to this question. If you answered "Yes", write the solution to the differential equation in the above question.

Section IV: This question is the last one but also the most important. (open)

1) Write your own question here.

2) Look at the most recently posted survey response. Write your answer to the question that particular user wrote for (1) in Section IV of his or her survey here. If you are the first person to respond to the survey and therefore do not have a question to answer here, simply respond with "First!"

Good luck!
  11. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

12. Gmax

Gmax kuahahahaha
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

13. Crux

Crux
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

14. Dummy007

Dummy007

15. Midou

Midou

16. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

1) Are you a coward? If yes, you may skip the next question and go to Section II.

I hope not.

2) Justify your answer.

Admittedly I am kind of neurotic, but I'd like to think all the scary things in my life I have faced with at least a little courage. Also, I'm not scared of much and I like fast rollercoasters.

Nopers.

Yup.

Yup.

1. I have no reason to believe in the Christian God or any kind of deity or spirit being, find me some overwhelming evidence first.

2. Not a biologist sadly but a lot of science rests on the evidence behind this theory, which is far more supported and trusted by the scientists in the field and I don't have any superior alternative to explain what evolution explains.

3. See above.

No, and I wouldn't like to try.

2) Suppose you just got home from school. If you saw a cupcake lying out in the open, would you eat it?

I would be tempted to if it looked untouched and unmelted, but do not trust my family and recently quit most sugary foods, so no.

dy / dx = 2x

y(0) = 0

(Write Yes or No)

Yes.

How I solved it: I stole billy's answer and hope he is not dragging me down with him. (It's not cheating or dishonest; it's being resourceful and having creative problem-solving skills, so if you're going to get all uptight about it, let me tell you EVERY JOB LISTING EVER features those two traits and I am just honing my skills. I don't know how to do calculus in Wolfram|Alpha)

4) If you answered "No" to the above question, write "I do not know enough Calculus" as your response to this question. If you answered "Yes", write the solution to the differential equation in the above question.

Do you think Bass's name comes from the guitar, the fish, or an undying love of dubstep?

2) Look at the most recently posted survey response. Write your answer to the question that particular user wrote for (1) in Section IV of his or her survey here. If you are the first person to respond to the survey and therefore do not have a question to answer here, simply respond with "First!"

What I wanted to give Wild Eep but Mekkah led me far astray.
  17. Galladiator

Galladiator

Answer'd.
  18. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No

2) Justify your answer.

I am cute

No, at least not one that still looks over us. There's too much shit going on to think of a merciful god that still cares about us.

Sure. I mean I have to, I play pokemon.

It may not be as big as some people make it, but we have to know that we are fucking the environment up in some way.

Don't know how to play Diplomacy, so probably not.

Depends on how big my lunch was.

dy / dx = 2x

y(0) = 0

(Write Yes or No)

Yes

I would, but once I became a theatre major I promised I would never do any math above basic algebra again.

Question: Why?

"If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, is UncleSam still a dick?"
    Yes
  19. MK Ultra

MK Ultra BOOGEYMAN
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

20. Agape

Agape

Also to answer the popular question: I cannot check myself because my flavour is a shipping fanfic writer and the PM claims no artist writes shipfics on themselves >_>
  21. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's true that no artist does but a lot of people who consider themselves artists do

*goes back to her private library of self-insert shipfics*
  22. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

lol @ everyone getting the calculus wrong
  23. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Horsing around
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

24. Walrein

Walrein

25. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

Billy so bad at calc

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)