1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

No-Playerlist Mafia - Game Over: Assassins and Unclesam win

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Daenym, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Slim Guldo

Slim Guldo

lynch ditto

he's admitted it so this is fine, but I'd like to quote the rules here:

2. UncleSam

UncleSam

Ya but Slim I doubt the hosts would change the Win Condition AND give such substandard flavor. Besides, Ditto didn't even post his "action" so it's not like there could be much else wrong with his "role pm"...

Also he admitted it so there is really no reason not to lynch him as quickly as possible so that he doesn't get a chance to reveal village information to the other mafia.
  3. Slim Guldo

Slim Guldo

I know and I 100% agree with lynching him at this stage, I just thought I'd post that in case people thought that this lynch being successful meant that we could lynch others like that, which may not end so well.
  4. UncleSam

UncleSam

Well if everyone claims to me we will be able to lynch based off of results/evidence rather than flavor.

Oh right and it is fairly obvious Ditto is mafia now so anyone who does not claim to me ASAP will be cast under extreme suspicion. I will need claims as quickly as possible simply because I need to organize night actions for tonight.

Villages do not win by being stagnant.
  5. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think we are being a little mean... just cause I ask for mafia to contact doesn't mean I am mafia D: I just want them to contact me so we can lynch them!
  6. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

what how did we jump from

ditto is playing -> ditto is mafia -> unclesam is clean

?___________?
  7. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

because UncleSam
  8. Paperblade

Paperblade

UncleSam is a member of the Olympic long jump team and applies it to all aspects of his life, including logic in mafia games on the internet
  9. UncleSam

UncleSam

It's called "Hi I am the inspector and the sooner we get organized the better".

If everyone wants to waste time and claim after the lynch when we all know Ditto is mafia then you are only hurting the village.

You of all people should know about how important it is to claim to the inspector Day 1 jumpluff...
  10. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No! lynch US
  11. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

yeah let's let wolf mekkah mole

Edit: caught up with thread now

LYNCH DITTO
  12. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

except i already said on irc i don't think you are playing, that such a role is meant to determine who is in the game and not inspect, and i have no reason to believe you are clean even if you are playing whereas i had some evidence in my favour! this is not a traditional game.

seriously think this through.

i have a higher opinion of ditto's intelligence than you evidently, there's no reason he would panic and call for the other mafia after two votes at this stage in the day. therefore he is either not in the game or WIFOMing it (and what can you do about the WIFOM). you know that, you are just trying to mess with the village. unless you can provide a convincing reason i should lynch a player i do not believe to be in the game or that i should trust that you are in the game and what you say you are after you subbed out of another mafia, swore not to join a game again, and are apparently so busy with schoolwork, then i will hold my vote regardless of how suspicious it makes me to you.
  13. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Where have I heard this before...

OH RIGHT

UncleSam, my child. The Lord still views you as a heretic. Do you know who else lynches someone who is only trying to help you? Did you guess billymills? Because that's wrong. The correct answer is nobody. Nobody but you is that pointlessly cruel.

But hey, what do I know? I might not be playing either!

By the way, if majority comes early, I will also close sign-ups to my competition. Cowards, this is your last chance!
  14. Spiffy

Spiffy

Vote Ditto he sux
  15. Crux

Crux i want it...

all invisibles please claim to me, we need to get united and fast!
  16. Galladiator

Galladiator

This all goes back to my question in the personality test thing.

That said, we have two possible courses of action here, each with its own pros and cons. Either we claim to US, running the risk of him not being in the game at all, or worse, being a mafian moling for claims; or we ignore him and claim to somebody else who's more trustworthy at this stage, which (if he's actually mafia, which I actually don't think at the moment) would force his team to try something else. If he later turns out to be clean, then that's one more we can trust; if he comes up mafia, then it was right to wait.

tl;dr version: don't claim to US yet, the risks outweigh the benefits as of right now.

/flamebait
  17. UncleSam

UncleSam

Ya let's have more villagers pubclaim for us to get organized that's a great idea oh mighty Galladiator.

By the way are you really twelve years old?
  18. Galladiator

Galladiator

Six, actually. I'm just very advanced for my age.
  19. UncleSam

UncleSam

you sound mad bro
  20. TalkingLion

TalkingLion

Yeah ok lets lynch Ditto
  21. Ditto

Ditto /me huggles

^ I read that as a lynch for US, so thank you WDogWUr
  22. Daenym

Daenym

Looking for Muslim extremists and fatty bum bums. So sport health club is what, death camps?
  23. Coronis

Coronis NORM!
    is a Battle Server Moderator

i was very mature when i played flow mafia
  24. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well, you did lynch me with the same line of reasoning and all. Fair is fair?

In any case, let us consider flow mafia for a moment. You called that lynch on me, It is true that I was mainly just trying to troll as The Lord, but I didn't want to get lynched so tried to lie and say I wasn't playing. Sure, the lynch seemed right and I was wolf back then, but let's be honest, that was because lynching a wolf was the most likely scenario, statistically speaking. If we assume that the proportion of villagers in this game is the same as that of wolves in flow mafia (especially considering you were a wolf yourself), then the same holds true here. True, there is the additional and real possibility that someone will not be playing, but that is mostly irrelevant. Solely in regards to the people who are actually playing, we are more likely to lynch a villager under your line of reasoning.

tl;dr Not that I am trying to defend Ditto or anything, but a lynch based on little evidence is not necessarily the best course of action, let alone claiming to UncleSam even if he is right. I am just posting to expose UncleSam's evil heart.
  25. UncleSam

UncleSam

Bass there's also the fact he asked for the mafia to contact him.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)