No-Playerlist Mafia - Game Over: Assassins and Unclesam win

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Alright, it is time to post the results of the assessment!

First, the purpose of this survey was actually to serve as the preliminary round of the competition. My goal was to ensure that only those with enough courage would be eligible. I also wrote the questions in such a way that you can't pass unless you read the entire survey as well as the rules I outlined carefully. These were the only rules that you needed to follow:

(1) Answering every question, "completely" and "honestly".
(2) Posting your responses in this thread only.
(3) Acknowledging that any statements beyond the above requirements were not guaranteed to be 100% true.

So in other words, in order to pass, you simply had to answer every question. As long as I could understand your answer, it was acceptable, regardless of whether you followed the instructions for each question (due to the third requirement). For the most part, the questions I asked were out of pure curiosity.

However, since you are all probably curious, before I post the information about the competition you all signed up for as well as who made the cut, I will explain the survey itself in more detail.

Section I: The purpose of this section was to assess your character, as my first post implied. Given that this mafia game is about not having a player list, the premise of my competition was the exact opposite, not only did you have to put yourself out there (and jeopardize your chances of anonymity in this game), you had to earn it too. This also tested whether you read and understood the rules, as Question 2 of this section in particular was designed to weed out those who didn't. Remember, answer EVERY question, and further statements were not necessarily true. In fact, "If you answered yes to (1), skip the next question and move on to the next section" was an outright lie. Even if you admitted to being coward, you passed as long as you in fact answered all the questions, as it shows you are working on it!

Section II: "Belief" questions. I asked these mostly out of my own curiosity to see your opinions on these subjects. A majority of you did not believed in god but certainly "believed" in evolution and anthropogenic climate change (aka manmade global warming). For your reference, I do as well! In fact, Atmospheric Science is my major and Climate Change is my research interest, so I know more about it than most here (though still less than the actual scientists, but pretty much everyone does). As a matter of fact, the scientific consensus is that humans are mostly to blame. However, even if you said that you didn't "believe" in climate change, you still passed as long as you met the requirements outlined earlier.

Section III: Behavioral Questions. Take notes, kids! Expect to see these types of questions in your job interviews down the road (though the questions will be much more formal than this). Your reactions to questions 3 and 4 were the most interesting though. Again, the only requirement to pass was to answer every question "honestly" although there is no way to prove that any of you lied. Nevertheless, it seems many of you did, despite the fact that "I don't know calculus" was also a perfectly acceptable answer. Anyway, the solution is indeed y = x^2 (also could be written as x = +/-sqrt(y)), see UncleSam's post for all the steps.

Section IV: This was meant to be just a fun section where you could get creative. While I enjoyed reading your questions and responses, one just begs me to comment:

Galladiator said:
Do you think Bass's name comes from the guitar, the fish, or an undying love of dubstep?

A combination of the three, with the majority of it being dubstep.
Oh jumpluff. Such an amusing trick question to ask. It seems poor Galladiator here clearly did not know, so I will reveal the truth. My name does not come from any of these three things, but actually the Mega Man character called "Bass". As a matter of fact, I hate dubstep.

Anyway, that's it for survey analysis. The only people who failed are those who didn't take it (duh), and the two users who did not answer Section I (2):

Ace Emerald
Terrador

And for the rest of you who didn't have the balls to take the test: You are all spineless cowards. Especially EARTHWORM. That is all.

So our final playerlist for my competition is:
billymills
Gmax
Crux
Dummy007
Midou
jumpluff
Galladiator
Ditto
MK Ultra
Agape
Walrein
askaninjask
shade
UncleSam
Coronis

Congratulations on passing the preliminaries!

Now then, on to the competition itself.

The rules of the competition, like the survey itself, are very simple. Like the preliminary assessment, each round will consist of "tasks" that you are expected to complete. These tasks could be anything, so be prepared. However, I will always fail at least one person each round, guaranteed. In fact, let me just add a disclaimer that this competition is far from fair. But the rewards will be great! I will also give the user who did the best job at performing each task a special advantage that they can use in the following task. And finally, the user who wins the competition once all the others are eliminated will get an awesome secret prize arranged by yours truly.

There. That's it for the overview. It is time for me to describe my first task for you guys to complete.

Your first task is, like the preliminaries, a test. However, the rules here are much more straightforward. It will consist of 10 questions. Your score on the test will in fact be based on how many of them you answer correctly. Yes, unlike the survey from the preliminaries, these questions aren't open ended.

If you think you are as dumb as a rock though, don't despair! These tasks are designed to weed out the cowards, after all, not the imbeciles. Here is the procedure:

• The test will consist of 10 questions. They each have only one right answer, so you can't BS your way through it like last time.
  • I will grade and assign a score to your test based on how many questions you answered correctly.
  • You only get one attempt. Again, no exceptions.
  • Only tests sent to me via PM will be accepted. Once you do so, I will grade it immediately as well as post your score publicly for everyone here to see.
  • I will not eliminate the 5 lowest scorers. Instead, once the deadline passes or everyone submits their answers, I will eliminate the 5 middle scorers. In case you can't figure out what I mean by 'middle', if all 15 of you submit answers to the test, after ranking all the scores, those ranked 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 would be eliminated.
  • Answering every question is mandatory. If you do not submit any answers to me before the deadline, you will also be eliminated.
  • If there are any ties when ranking the middle scores, the 5 among them who submitted their answers to me the latest will be eliminated. So start early!
  • The highest scorer who submits earliest will have an advantage for the next task.
  • Feel free to collaborate. Given that you obey the above rules, I encourage it!
  • The deadline to submit your answers is 72 hours (3 days) from now. Good luck!

1. Where does my username come from?
2. What is 2 + 6 / 3 - 8^2 ?
3. Why was Gmax godkilled in YCI Mafia?
4. What is the last Engrish line uttered by Date Masamune in the anime Sengoku Basara (season 1)?
5. In the game of Diplomacy, only 2 of the 7 powers (France, England, Germany, Russia, Turkey, Italy, Austria) do not have any neutral supply centers that directly touch their home supply centers. Which powers are they?
6. Name the 3 Races of Starcraft II.
7. How do I like my steak cooked?
8. What is the value of the solar constant, and what quantity does it measure?
9. Which Mega Man game did Proto Man make his first appearance in?
10. What type of echo most commonly indicates the presence of a tornado on a doppler radar?

Current results: (In order of submission)

Ditto: 0/10
billymills: 9/10
Coronis: 7/10
MK Ultra: 7/10
Midou: 0/10
Walrein: 0/10
UnlceSam: 9/10
jumpluff: 9/10
Agape: 10/10
Galladiator: 9/10
Gmax: 7/10
shade: 0/10
askaninjask: 0/10
Crux: 0/10

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1. Where does my username come from?

The megaman character, aka Forte.

2. What is 2 + 6 / 3 - 8^2 ?

3. Why was Gmax godkilled in YCI Mafia?

Ah, the good old days... It was a combination of infiltrating the acme channel as moi|asleep, demanding ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v's of YCI's breuleux homepage, and the milkmen threatening to quit the game if i wasn't godkilled.

4. What is the last Engrish line uttered by Date Masamune in the anime Sengoku Basara (season 1)?

No.

5. In the game of Diplomacy, only 2 of the 7 powers (France, England, Germany, Russia, Turkey, Italy, Austria) do not have any neutral supply centers that directly touch their home supply centers. Which powers are they?

England, Italy

6. Name the 3 Races of Starcraft II.

Zerg, Protoss, Terran

7. How do I like my steak cooked?

Medium Rare

8. What is the value of the solar constant, and what quantity does it measure?

mean solar energy received by the earth from the sun per unit area, per unit time. fuck the value, gimme half a mark.

9. Which Mega Man game did Proto Man make his first appearance in?

Mega Man 3

10. What type of echo most commonly indicates the presence of a tornado on a doppler radar?

who knows...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)