Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what sucks about the Hoenn Region on a Nuzlocke? Almost no early-game Pokemon have good bulk!! Wattson took out 2 of my Pokemon with no trouble, and my thrid barely survived. And if you dont get lucky and get a Geodude in Granite Cave you are almost certainly beat.

@StallMandibuzz: Surge is hard unless you have a Diglett? There's a 90% Diglett rate and 10% Dugtrio rate (which in itself is more dangerous than Surge) in Diglett's Cave.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know what sucks about the Hoenn Region on a Nuzlocke? Almost no early-game Pokemon have good bulk!! Wattson took out 2 of my Pokemon with no trouble, and my thrid barely survived. And if you dont get lucky and get a Geodude in Granite Cave you are almost certainly beat.
Shroomish/Oddish/Roselia are your best friends. Or you can be like me an grind your Aron :P A level 19 Nincada also might work, due to its Elec immunity. Then you have Shedinja....

Platinum Nuzlocke - Part 2

Got through Oreburgh and Eterna Gyms with some casualties, but minor ones. Kamekku (Psyduck) destroyed Roark's Geodude and Onix with ease, and was just about to kill off Cranidos when the little rock-head landed a critical hit Headbutt, killing the weakened Kamekku. You served its role well in killing Geodudes and Onixes with Water Gun, little duck. RIP. Soon after, I headed to Route 207, encountering a Ponyta, but accidentally killed it with a Critical Hit Mach Punch. I hate criticals!

Leaving that area, I ventured back to Jubilife, catching Seto [Zubat ♂] in Ravaged Path. Daizu [Shinx ♂] evolved along the way. Heading further north, I reached Floaroma Town, dispatching the Galactic goons at Valley Windworks without much trouble. There, I caught Wataru [Shellos ♂], a more-than-adequate replacement for my fallen Psyduck. I left some Honey on the tree in Floaroma Meadow, but unfortunately was only able to catch Mitsuwa [Combee ♂]. Heading further north onto Route 205, I met Shigeru [Shellos ♂], who wasn't quite as good as my other Shellos.

After beating a whole lot of trainers, I finally entered Eterna Forest. I really hoped that I would be able to snatch a Budew, but instead I met Yamato [Cascoon ♂]. My catches so far have been overwhelmingly male. After easily defeating the trainers in the forest with some help from Cheryl and her Chansey, I found myself near some fishermen, who were equally easy, and entered Eterna City. I met Cynthia, who gave me the Cut HM, which I quickly taught to Fumiya [Bidoof ♂], my excellent HM slave. Heading east onto Route 211, I was very happy to find Masaki [Bronzor] who will be quite helpful later on, and Hypnosis is excellent as well. Here, I decided that I would stop training Daizu [Luxio ♂] and still debated whether I would train Shigeru [Shellos ♂], not really liking Gastrodon to be my main Water-type.

Heading back into Eterna, and finding everything blocked due to Cut trees and Cycling Road, I challenged the Gym. Thanks to Monferno, Staravia, and Bronzor all being strong against Grass-types, this Gym was a breeze until Gardenia. Turtwig and Cherrim were easy enough, but Roserade landed a critical hit Grass Knot on Masaki [Bronzor] which brought it down to just 10 HP, not enough to survive another. Not wanting to risk the frail Akihiro [Staravia ♂] or damaged Nobunaga [Monferno ♂] taking more than one hit from Roserade, my new fighter Seto [Zubat ♂] stepped into battle. Even at Level 5 with a measly 22 HP, he managed to take a Grass Knot AND two Poison Stings before going down, allowing me to confuse Roserade and heal Nobunaga just to ensure that even a critical would not bring me down. RIP, valiant fighter! From there, Nobunaga ended Roserade's life with a powerful Flame Wheel, and I received the Grass Knot TM, which I decided to save for now. Onto the Galactic Building!

Rules:
Release anything that faints
Can only catch first Pokemon in an area (gifts allowed)
Battle style is "set", not "shift"
Can use healing items, but only those found in the field
Unlimited Pokemon Center uses

Active:

Nobunaga [Monferno ♂]
Lv. 21 | Lonely Nature | Blaze | Route 201

- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch
- Fury Swipes
- Taunt

Akihiro [Staravia ♂]
Lv. 20 | Bashful Nature | Intimidate | Lake Verity

- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- Double Team
- Endeavor

Masaki [Bronzor]
Lv. 19 | Brave Nature | Heatproof | Route 211

- Water Pulse
- Mud Bomb
- Hidden Power
- Harden

Wataru [Shellos ♂]
Lv. 17 | Docile Nature | Sticky Hold | Valley Windworks

- Water Pulse
- Mud Bomb
- Hidden Power
- Harden

Fumiya [Bidoof ♂]
Lv. 4 | Gentle Nature | Unaware | Route 203

- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Cut
-

Reserves:
Kenhiro [Starly ♂] | Lv. 2 | Modest | Route 202
Daizu [Luxio ♂] Lv. 18 | Relaxed | Route 204
Seiwa [Zubat ♀] | Lv. 7 | Adamant | Oreburgh Mine
Mitsuwa [Combee ♂] Lv. 5 | Bashful | Floaroma Meadow
Shigeru [Shellos ♂] Lv. 10 | Rash | Route 205
Yamato [Cascoon ♂] Lv. 12 | Jolly | Eterna Forest

Fallen:

Kamekku [Psyduck ♀]
Lv. 13 | Quiet Nature | Damp | Oreburgh Gate
Fell to a Critical Hit Headbutt from Roark's Cranidos. RIP.

Seto [Zubat ♂]
Lv. 5 | Hasty Nature | Inner Focus | Ravaged Path
Sacrificed himself to defend his team from Gardenia's Roserade. RIP.

Shroomish/Oddish/Roselia are your best friends. Or you can be like me an grind your Aron :P A level 19 Nincada also might work, due to its Elec immunity. Then you have Shedinja....
DOES NOBODY KNOW THE AWESOMENESS OF DUSTOX?

That thing can wall stuff to hell and back, and 4x resists Brawly's STAB. Unless you get really unlucky, you should be able to at least get a Beautifly to get rid of Brawly.

Platinum Nuzlocke - Part 3

I entered the Galactic Building, laughing off the weak trainers (with the exception of one grunt with a Kadabra, which Masaki [Bronzor] had to fight 1-on-1 but beat in the end. With no damaging move except Extrasensory, Masaki can't damage the Stunkies. Made it without trouble to the top floor, where Jupiter was holding the Bike Shop owner and his Clefairy hostage. I stepped up and challenged her, feeling that she would be as easy as Mars. Indeed, her Zubat was a cinch - but then she sent out Skuntank, which I had forgotten about.

Masaki, who was still out from the Zubat fight (remember, I'm playing on "set" mode) had to quickly retreat, as it couldn't damage Skuntank at all. I switched in Akihiro [Staravia ♂], thinking that Intimidate would help lessen the damage. However, the crafty Skuntank responded with a critical hit Night Slash, bypassing the Intimidate and killing my poor Akihiro in just one shot. RIP. I quickly brought in Wataru [Shellos ♂] to finish the Skuntank off with Mud Bomb. After exchanging hits, the Skuntank was about to die.Another Night Slash on Wataru would bring him to around 3 HP, so I considered switching in Nobunaga [Monferno ♂] and Mach Punching for the kill, but realized that a critical Night Slash could possibly take out my fiery ape. I selected Mud Bomb again, and - as I had feared - the next Night Slash was another critical hit, slaying Wataru. RIP. Nobunaga, enraged by the death of two companions at the hands of this skunk, quickly killed it with a Mach Punch.

Needless to say, this battle was a disaster, stripping me of two important party members, especially Akihiro, who I had planned to keep until the end. I sadly moved on, receiving a bike from the man I had just saved and an egg from Cynthia. It soon hatched into a male Togepi, which I named Norisuke [Togepi ♂]. Bold with Serene Grace is pretty great - my luck with Pokemon natures has been great, unlike my luck with these untimely criticals.

I also took out Daizu [Luxio ♂] due to the loss of two party members. Venturing onto Route 206 after defeating several trainers coming down Cycling Road, I entered the grass and hoped that I would find a good replacement for the fallen Akihiro and Wataru. I prayed not to find a Bronzor or Zubat - and thankfully, I was presented with a female Gligar! I quickly caught it, finding that it had a Gentle nature, and named it Kamiko [Gligar ♀]. Unfortunately, at least at the moment, neither Kamiko nor Norisuke is especially useful - Kamiko can only do damage with Quick Attack and Knock Off, while Norisuke doesn't even have any damaging moves. I considered using my Grass Knot and Return TMs, but decided against it for the moment, instead teaching Kamiko Rock Tomb that I had received from Roark. Entering the Wayward Cave through the hidden Basement entrance, I crossed my fingers for a Gible...but instead, a Bronzor appeared. I caught it, naming it Miyaji [Bronzor]. It can't compare to the superior Masaki [Bronzor], so it will be boxed soon. Frustratingly, the next three random encounters were ALL Gible! I went to the end of the cave and picked up the Earthquake TM, teaching it to Kamiko, knowing that I won't be using it on a Gible in this run, and then exited the B1 level.

Heading into the main Wayward Cave area, I accidentally stumbled on a double battle, which I had forgotten about. Here, a Buneary landed a surprisingly powerful Frustration on Nobunaga while I killed off the other trainer's Pokemon. I brought in the healthier Daizu as backup, but he was promptly killed by a critical hit Frustration! RIP. I'm the one frustrated right now - three losses of solid team members so close together! Nobunaga once again ended up saving the day with a strong Mach Punch to the face of the smug bunny. Exiting the cave with yet another casualty, I continued to train Kamiko and Norisuke, although they are still not powerful enough to take on the trainers to the east. Nobunaga, who hasn't been trained much lately due to the need to level up my new fighters, is also falling behind on levels. This Nuzlocke is more challenging than I had expected, and the critical hits are killing me!

Rules:

Active:

Nobunaga [Monferno ♂]
Lv. 24 | Lonely Nature | Blaze | Route 201

- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch
- Fury Swipes
- Taunt

Masaki [Bronzor]
Lv. 23 | Brave Nature | Heatproof | Route 211

- Extrasensory
- Hypnosis
- Confuse Ray
- Imprison

Norisuke [Togepi ♂]
Lv. 20 | Bold Nature | Serene Grace | Eterna City

- Metronome
- Yawn
- Sweet Kiss
- Charm

Kamiko [Gligar ♀]
Lv. 20 | Gentle Nature | Hyper Cutter | Route 206

- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Quick Attack
- Fury Cutter

Fumiya [Bidoof ♂]

- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Cut
-

Reserves:
Miyaji [Bronzor] Lv. 18 | Hardy | Wayward Cave

Fallen:

Kamekku [Psyduck ♀]
Fell to a Critical Hit Headbutt from Roark's Cranidos. RIP.

Seto [Zubat ♂]
Sacrificed himself to defend his team from Gardenia's Roserade. RIP.

Akihiro [Staravia ♂]
Lv. 21 | Bashful Nature | Intimidate | Lake Verity
Was slain in a vicious encounter by Jupiter's Skuntank's critical hit Night Slash. RIP.

Wataru [Shellos ♂]
Fell alongside Akihiro defending the team from a nasty Skuntank's critical Night Slash. RIP.

Daizu [Luxio ♂]
Lv. 18 | Relaxed | Rivalry | Route 204
Was killed by a sneaky Buneary's surprisingly powerful critical hit Frustration. RIP.

Right, I need to stop forgetting I'm doing this.

Previous parts here

Part 6. Rattata

After what appeared to be hours, Luka had finally stopped singing, a rather bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I adored her singing, but on the other, there was only so long before it got annoying. All the trainers we happened to walk by also seemed to cover their ears and speed up when they heard Luka approaching, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. Wasn't her singing amazing?

The next trainer we passed after Luka had stopped singing was a Youngster walking by with his Rattata. Upon seeing Luka and I walking by, he yelled out and challenged us to a battle.

"Hey! You look new, wanna battle?" The boy asked me.

"Sure, it'll be good practice for this Geodude I just caught." I replied.

"Geo!" Luka agreed cheerfully.

The two of us looked for a prime location to battle and as we walked a bit in our search he introduced himself, "So my name's Joey, I just started my journey and decided that I'm going to be the number one trainer!"

"Me t-" I began until Joey broke me off.

"Of Rattata!"

"Excuse me?" I asked, clearly confused now.

"You see, I just really...really REALLY love Rattata because one day when I was little I got lost in my backyard and then there was this amazing Rattata that helped me find my way home and then from then on I decided that I wanna raise Rattata forever and ever and ever and I...." As Joey spoke, I realised he just wasn't going to shut up any time soon eventually zoned him out, forgetting about the battle we were supposed to have.

"Oh I found a spot to battle!" Joey exclaimed, snapping me out of my zoning out at last.

"Sweet" I replied. I turned to Luka and checked to see if she was battle ready.

"Dude!" Was all the confirmation I needed.

Joey and I took our places on our little battle field and Luka took center field as Joey's Rattata did the same.

"All right Rattata, let's show them that you're in the top percentage of Ratatta!" Joey shouted proudly.

"Ratta!" Was the brave little rat's reply.

Luka merely winked at the Rattata and the battle was on. Joey fired off the first command, telling his "top percentage" Rattata to Tackle Luka. With amazing speed, the Rattata charged at Luka, colliding with her, but merely bouncing off her literally rock hard body. The Rattata shook his head to snap himself out of the slight daze from the impact, and was right back at his assault. Luka only giggled as the Rattata made futile efforts at damaging Luka. At last, I was starting to feel bad for the Rattata, who was obviously starting to become tired and commanded Luka to Tackle her opponent back. With startling grace, the Geodude hit her mark, instantly taking down the tired rodent.

"Nice work, Luka!" I called out, proud of my friend.

"My Rattata! NOOOOOOOO!" Joey yelled, rushing to the field to pick up his fainted partner. "How could this happen?! My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata! He is the best!"

I could tell a rant from Joey was approaching so I took that opportunity to run off with Luka before he noticed.

Right, I got lazy with typing, was going to add in a capture, but oh well.

Team-
Duke the Totodile Lv 12
Luka the Geodude Lv9

Platinum Nuzlocke - Part 4

Having completely forgotten about the now-accessible Old Chateau, I headed west out of Eterna City to take a look. I used Repels to make sure that I wouldn't get into a random Gastly encounter. I went straight into the TV room to meet and catch Ichi [Rotom]. I went back to Eterna and received the Secret Key from the man in the PokeMart, then went back to the Galactic building and opened up the secret room, switching Ichi into Wash Forme and teaching it Hydro Pump. I trained Ichi against Gastlys and equipped an Exp. Share to Norisuke [Togepi ♂] to get them up to speed. After a few battles, Norisuke leveled up and evolved into a Togetic! I then left Eterna to the south and went back down Cycling Road, and headed east onto Route 207. The trainers here were no trouble at all, and I continued onto Route 208. There, I wandered into some wild grass and encountered Ayaka [Roselia ♀]. I continued to train Kamiko [Gligar ♀] and Ichi here, then headed into Hearthome City. First, I entered Bebe's house and received a gift, a Eevee which I named Mizuki [Eevee ♀]. She was female and had a Calm nature, which was ideal for the Vaporeon that I had wanted! However, I won't be getting a Water Stone for some time yet.

Without anything else to do, and unable to proceed east or south, I explored Hearthome, got some TMs, an Amulet Coin, and a Shell Bell, then headed to the Gym with everyone around Level 25. The regular trainers were a cakewalk, even though I didn't use Norisuke or Mizuki at all (Norisuke STILL has no damaging moves, while Mizuki only has Normal-type moves). Nobunaga, Ichi, Kamiko, and Masaki [Bronzor] did a fine job of killing off the hordes of Gastly and Misdreavus. I soon arrived at Fantina, who led with a Duskull that was easily taken care of by Kamiko's Faint Attack. By this point, I had decided to do the Nuzlocke in "shift" mode instead of "set" to make it a little easier, and Mismagius was about to come out. I decided to keep Kamiko in, to see how much a Faint Attack would do. Mismagius started with Confuse Ray, and Kamiko hurt herself in her confusion. She then took a Shadow Ball to the face and responded with Faint Attack, taking away just about half of the Mismagius's HP. I switched out Kamiko, who couldn't take another hit, and sent in Norisuke, predicting a Shadow Ball. Instead, Fantina used Psybeam, which did little damage to the defensive Norisuke, who responded with Yawn. Using Nobunaga and Ichi was too risky due to the Mismagius having Psybeam and Shadow Ball, respectively, and I suddenly realized that I lacked options.

I decided to keep chipping away at the enemy's health with Masaki's Extrasensory, which did very little damage to it. Even worse, Masaki was also hit with Confuse Ray and began hurting itself in its confusion. For a while, I alternated between Masaki and Norisuke, depending on whether a Shadow Ball or Psybeam was coming, putting it to sleep when I had an extra turn, and using a Potion or two when I needed it. I completely forgot that Fantina had a Super Potion >_< I realized I was in trouble, and sent in Mizuki to take a few hits and Sand-Attack the Mismagius, which helped, as it missed a Shadow Ball. Unfortunately, I ended up really needing a free switch-in, so my Masaki bravely sacrificed itself to Super Potion Kamiko, with the Mismagius just over half HP. RIP. Now, I faced a real problem - Norisuke and Mizuki were useless, Ichi had taken two Psybeams during the earlier switching and wouldn't survive a Shadow Ball, and Nobunaga would be killed before he could kill Mismagius with Flame Wheel. I realized I only had one choice, and sent in Kamiko and used Rock Tomb to lower the Mismagius's Speed while also bringing it into KO range, but got Confused in the process and ended up hurting itself when I went for the KO with Faint Attack. I decided that Nobunaga would just have to absorb a hit, so I sent him in, took the Shadow Ball with 4 HP left, and finally KO'ed the Mismagius with a Flame Wheel. The bulky Ichi, even with a weakness to both Shadow Claw and Sucker Punch, easily took care of the last Pokemon, a frail Haunter. This was an extremely difficult battle, and I really should have prepared for Mismagius better - I had underestimated the disruptive power of Confuse Ray, and was lucky to have escaped with only one death.

Rules:
[*] Release anything that faints
[*] Can only catch first Pokemon in an area
[*] Gifts and fishing allowed
[*] No legendaries allowed
[*] Battle style is "set", not "shift"
[*] Can use healing items, but only those found in the field
[*] Unlimited Pokemon Center uses

Active:

Nobunaga [Monferno ♂]
Lv. 26 | Lonely Nature | Blaze | Route 201

- Flame Wheel
- Mach Punch
- Grass Knot
- Taunt

Norisuke [Togetic ♂]
Lv. 25 | Bold Nature | Serene Grace | Eterna City

- Metronome
- Yawn
- Sweet Kiss
- Charm

Mizuki [Eevee ♀]
Lv. 25 | Calm Nature | Run Away | Hearthome City

- Secret Power
- Quick Attack
- Sand-Attack
- Growl

Kamiko [Gligar ♀]
Lv. 26 | Gentle Nature | Hyper Cutter | Route 206

- Earthquake
- Faint Attack
- Rock Tomb
- Quick Attack

Ichi [Rotom]
Lv. 26 | Docile Nature | Levitate | Old Chateau

- Shock Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Uproar
- Confuse Ray

Fumiya [Bidoof ♂]

- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Cut
-

Reserves:
Ayaka [Roselia ♀] | Lv. 20 | Hardy | Route 208

Fallen:

Kamekku [Psyduck ♀]
After plowing through multitudes of Geodudes and Onixes, Kamekku fell to a Critical Hit Headbutt from Roark's Cranidos. RIP.

Seto [Zubat ♂]
A new member of the team, Seto sacrificed himself to defend his friends from Gardenia's Roserade. RIP.

Akihiro [Staravia ♂]
Nobunaga's first ally and partner, Akihiro was slain in a vicious encounter with Jupiter's Skuntank's by a critical hit Night Slash. RIP.

Wataru [Shellos ♂]
Shellos fell alongside Akihiro defending the team from that nasty Skuntank's critical hit Night Slashes. RIP.

Daizu [Luxio ♂]
A fierce fighter, Daizu was killed in combat by a sneaky Buneary's surprisingly powerful critical hit Frustration. RIP.

Masaki [Bronzor]
Lv. 24 | Brave Nature | Heatproof | Route 211
Brave until the very end, Masaki took on and fell in battle with Fantina's Mismagius, allowing his friends to prevail. RIP.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RIGHT AFTER SEEING EVERYONE GET THERE SHIT FUCKED UP IN PLATINUM IM DOING A PLAT RUN MYSELF.

STARTING WITH TURTWIG

WISH ME LUCK

EDIT

Rules
-Gift pkmn allowed
-Not allowed to use legends in battle (excluding Rotom cos its not legendary)
-No dups clause enabled
-No Healing items allowed in battle (to prevent lame ass (sac shit for death fodder to heal X then WIN) )
-ALL PKMN WILL BE NICKNAMED
-DEAD PKMN GOES IN REMEMBERANCE BOX

GG

Allright im back and the worlds unluckiest nuzlocke shall resume, i hope i dont break my ds
@ginga youre custom title is a quote from the hunger games, yes?

Platinum Nuzlocke - Part 5

Exiting Hearthome to the east, my rival was all too easy after the difficult Fantina battle. Heading into some wild grass on Route 209, I found and caught Toshiro [Staravia ♂]. After grinding through all the trainers on Route 209, and skipping the Lost Tower for now, I made it into Solaceon Town and immediately headed to the ruins. Inside, I caught Deco [Unown], an Unown D. Also, one of the rooms contained a hidden Water Stone, which I used to evolve Mizuki [Eevee ♀] into a Vaporeon! I noticed that it was possible to find Scyther on Route 210 to the north of Solaceon, and came up with a plan - I would use my recently caught Ayaka [Roselia ♀], who was at Lv. 20, in combination with a Repel, to increase my chances of finding a Scyther on the first try. When a Pokemon jumped out, lo and behold - it was a male Scyther! However, this mantis was tougher than I had imagined - I tried Paralyzing it with Ayaka's Stun Spore, only to have it outspeed me and OHKO with a powerful Wing Attack. RIP. Then, Norisuke [Togetic ♂] put the Scyther to sleep with Yawn, and I used Kamiko [Gligar ♀] and her Faint Attack to wear it down, then caught the Scyther and named it Akuma [Scyther ♂]. He is Quirky with the Technician ability, which is excellent - the trend of finding Pokemon with excellent natures / abilities continues! :)

Akuma needed quite a bit of leveling up before he was on par with the rest of the team, but he easily tore through the trainers on Route 210 with a STAB, Technician-boosted Wing Attack. However, I soon found myself unable to get past a group of Psyducks who all had headaches and no Advil, so I was forced to take the eastern path. After fighting a whole slew of trainers and experiencing the near-death of Nobunaga [Monferno ♂] at the hands of a Drifblim with an Ominous Wind boost under its belt, I made it to Veilstone City. I immediately headed to the Department Store, buying some of the excellent TMs available - two Fire Blasts (one for Nobunaga and one for Norisuke), one Focus Blast for Nobunaga,one Thunder for Ichi [Rotom], one Blizzard for Mizuki [Vaporeon ♀]. Hooray, Norisuke and Mizuki can do respectable damage now! I headed south onto Route 214 and began fighting more trainers, which were extremely easy due to the addition of my new moves, and caught Kaede [Rhyhorn ♀] in some wild grass.

Rules:
Battle style is "shift", not "set"

Active:

Nobunaga [Monferno ♂]
Lv. 29 | Lonely Nature | Blaze | Route 201

- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Claw
- Flame Wheel

Norisuke [Togetic ♂]
Lv. 28 | Bold Nature | Serene Grace | Eterna City

- Fire Blast
- Metronome
- Yawn
- Wish

Mizuki [Vaporeon ♀]
Lv. 29 | Calm Nature | Water Absorb | Hearthome City

- Blizzard
- Secret Power
- Bite
- Quick Attack

Kamiko [Gligar ♀]
Lv. 29 | Gentle Nature | Hyper Cutter | Route 206

- Earthquake
- Faint Attack
- Rock Tomb
- Quick Attack

Ichi [Rotom]
Lv. 29 | Docile Nature | Levitate | Old Chateau

- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Ominous Wind
- Shock Wave

Akuma [Scyther ♂]
Lv. 29 | Quirky Nature | Technician | Route 210

- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Fury Cutter
- False Swipe

Reserves:
Fumiya [Bidoof ♂] | Lv. 4 | Gentle | Unaware | Route 203
Toshiro [Staravia ♂] | Lv. 18 | Hardy | Route 209
Deco [Unown] Lv. 20 | Mild | Solaceon Ruins
Kaede [Rhyhorn ♀] | Lv. 21 | Naughty | Route 214

Fallen:

Kamekku [Psyduck ♀]
After plowing through multitudes of Geodudes and Onixes, Kamekku fell to a Critical Hit Headbutt from Roark's Cranidos. RIP.

Seto [Zubat ♂]
A new member of the team, Seto sacrificed himself to defend his friends from Gardenia's Roserade. RIP.

Akihiro [Staravia ♂]
Nobunaga's first ally and partner, Akihiro was slain in a vicious encounter with Jupiter's Skuntank's by a critical hit Night Slash. RIP.

Wataru [Shellos ♂]
Shellos fell alongside Akihiro defending the team from that nasty Skuntank's critical hit Night Slashes. RIP.

Daizu [Luxio ♂]
A fierce fighter, Daizu was killed in combat by a sneaky Buneary's surprisingly powerful critical hit Frustration. RIP.

Masaki [Bronzor]
Brave until the very end, Masaki took on and fell in battle with Fantina's Mismagius, allowing his friends to prevail. RIP.

Ayaka [Roselia ♀]
Lv. 20 | Hardy Nature | Poison Point | Route 208
Ayaka died a valiant death while helping the team find Akuma and get him under control. RIP.

Captures by Area:
Route 201 - Nobunaga [Chimchar ⇒ Monferno ♂]
Lake Verity - Akihiro [Starly ⇒ Staravia ♂] RIP
Route 202 - Kenhiro [Starly ♂]
Route 203 - Fumiya [Bidoof ♂]
Route 204 - Daizu [Shinx ⇒ Luxio ♂] RIP
Ravaged Path - Seto [Zubat ♂] RIP
Oreburgh Gate - Kamekku [Psyduck ♀] RIP
Oreburgh Mine - Seiwa [Zubat ♀]
Floaroma Meadow - Mitsuwa [Combee ♂]
Valley Windworks - Wataru [Shellos ♂] RIP
Route 205 - Shigeru [Shellos ♂]
Eterna Forest - Yamato [Cascoon ♂]
Old Chateau - Ichi [Rotom]
Eterna City - Norisuke [Togepi ⇒ Togetic ♂]
Route 206 - Kamiko [Gligar ♀]
Wayward Cave - Miyaji [Bronzor]
Route 207 - Missed Capture [Ponyta ♀]
Route 208 - Ayaka [Roselia ♀] RIP
Hearthome City - Mizuki [Eevee ⇒ Vaporeon ♀]
Route 209 - Toshiro [Staravia ♂]
Solaceon Ruins - Deco [Unown]
Route 210 - Akuma [Scyther ♂]
Route 211 - Masaki [Bronzor] RIP
Route 212 - Missed Capture [Staravia ♀]
Route 214 - Kaede [Rhyhorn ♀]

Platinum Nuzlocke - Part 5

Not many exciting events happened in this episode. After going through the rest of Route 214, I headed into the wild grass at Valor Lakefront, meeting and catching Yuma [Bibarel ♀]. I continued on through the Grand Hotel, catching Konata [Buizel ♀] on Route 213, and reached Pastoria City soon after. Here, I spent some time in the Underground and found a Heart Scale, which I'll need to teach Air Slash to Norisuke [Togetic ♂] when he evolves. I stopped by the Great Marsh to see what I could find, and caught Hisashi [Hoothoot ♂]. Then, not wanting the challenge the Gym just yet, I flew all the way back to Hearthome City.

Here, I headed through the south exit and began fighting trainers, whose Pokemon were all 5-6 levels lower than mine by this point. I skipped the Trophy Garden wild grass, since I want to wait for the possibility of catching another Eevee when Backlot announces that there are Eevee in his garden. I also found and caught Sumida [Kirlia ♀] on Route 212. I continued to head south and then east, defeating trainers along the way without much trouble. The addition of my new TM moves has really helped! Once I reach Pastoria from the west side, I'll go ahead and challenge the Gym.

Rules:
Can only catch first Pokemon in an area
Gifts and fishing allowed
No legendaries allowed

Active:

Nobunaga [Monferno ♂]
Lv. 31 | Lonely Nature | Blaze | Route 201

Nobunaga was the first to take on this life-and-death challenge. He has seen the deaths of many allies, including his earliest friends Akihiro and Daizu. Although he is reserved and independent, he continues to want vengeance for his slain friends, and is even more savage and powerful in battle because of it. As the oldest member of the team, Nobunaga has experienced many battles and is the natural leader of the group. He is just as fierce in battle, with an all-out attack style and fiery spirit.

- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Claw
- Flame Wheel

Norisuke [Togetic ♂]
Lv. 30 | Bold Nature | Serene Grace | Eterna City

Although he is young in years, Norisuke is wise. Born at a time of carnage, Norisuke was still a small Togepi when he saw the vicious deaths of Akihiro and Wataru at the hands of a Skuntank. Soon after, his closest friend and mentor, Daizu, was slain in a sneak attack by a Buneary. Surprisingly resilient, Norisuke understands and accepts that this journey will be grief-stricken. He tends to play a more defensive style in battle, attacking when he sees an opening in the enemy defenses. His closest companion is now Mizuki.

- Fire Blast
- Yawn
- Wish
- Fly

Mizuki [Vaporeon ♀]
Lv. 31 | Calm Nature | Water Absorb | Hearthome City

Originally born in the Johto region to Bill's Jolteon and Espeon, Mizuki was given as a gift to Bebe in Sinnoh, and soon became a part of this group. Having been taken away from her parents early on, Mizuki is no stranger to sadness. She soon evolved into a Vaporeon, which she had dreamed of being since she was a child. Strong defensively, Mizuki is always willing and able to take a hit for the team. She always remains calm, cool, and collected inside and outside of combat. She and Norisuke have become great friends.

- Blizzard
- Secret Power
- Bite
- Quick Attack

Kamiko [Gligar ♀]
Lv. 31 | Gentle Nature | Hyper Cutter | Route 206

The playful, fun-loving Kamiko was found by the newly hatched, curious Norisuke. She happily joined the group, and like Mizuki, has her roots in Johto, with both parents migrating from that region. She is always considerate, and is the only one able to console Nobunaga after an ally's death. Although she is gentle and kind, she is also fiercely loyal to her friends, and fights until the death in battle to protect her fellow Pokemon with her excellent defensive skills.

- Earthquake
- Faint Attack
- Rock Tomb
- Slash

Ichi [Rotom]
Lv. 31 | Docile Nature | Levitate | Old Chateau

Ichi had been hiding out in the Old Chateau for a long time, and had grown bored of his surroundings. When he saw Nobunaga's ailing party he decided to help them and team up for some excitement. He loves to explore and meet new Pokemon, but because he is naturally docile and somewhat shy, he is not naturally inclined to battle, unlike leader Nobunaga. However, when he does enter combat, he becomes an incredibly well-rounded fighter, skilled both offensively and defensively.

- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
- Ominous Wind
- Shock Wave

Akuma [Scyther ♂]
Lv. 30 | Quirky Nature | Technician | Route 210

Upon meeting Nobunaga's squad, Akuma swiftly slew Ayaka, who had approached him and prepared to Stun Spore him. The other members managed to restrain him, but he was disliked by Mizuki and Ichi, who felt that he was too eager to kill. However, Nobunaga saw his incredible battle potential, and after many training sessions, Akuma had a refined battle technique and grew to be accepted by everyone. He still loves to fight, and is a vicious combatant, slaying many enemies with powerful scythes.

- Wing Attack
- Slash
- Pursuit
- False Swipe

Reserves:
Fumiya [Bidoof ♂] | Lv. 4 | Gentle | Unaware | Route 203
Toshiro [Staravia ♂] | Lv. 18 | Hardy | Route 209
Deco [Unown] Lv. 20 | Mild | Solaceon Ruins
Kaede [Rhyhorn ♀] | Lv. 21 | Naughty | Route 214

Fallen:

Kamekku [Psyduck ♀]

Seto [Zubat ♂]

Akihiro [Staravia ♂]

Wataru [Shellos ♂]

Daizu [Luxio ♂]

Masaki [Bronzor]

Ayaka [Roselia ♀]
Lv. 20 | Hardy Nature | Poison Point | Route 208
Ayaka died a valiant death while helping the team find Akuma and get him under control. RIP.

Captures by Area:
Route 201 - Nobunaga [Chimchar ⇒ Monferno ♂]
Lake Verity - Akihiro [Starly ⇒ Staravia ♂] RIP
Route 202 - Kenhiro [Starly ♂]
Route 203 - Fumiya [Bidoof ♂]
Route 204 - Daizu [Shinx ⇒ Luxio ♂] RIP
Ravaged Path - Seto [Zubat ♂] RIP
Oreburgh Gate - Kamekku [Psyduck ♀] RIP
Oreburgh Mine - Seiwa [Zubat ♀]
Floaroma Meadow - Mitsuwa [Combee ♂]
Valley Windworks - Wataru [Shellos ♂] RIP
Route 205 - Shigeru [Shellos ♂]
Eterna Forest - Yamato [Cascoon ♂]
Old Chateau - Ichi [Rotom]
Eterna City - Norisuke [Togepi ⇒ Togetic ♂]
Route 206 - Kamiko [Gligar ♀]
Wayward Cave - Miyaji [Bronzor]
Route 207 - Missed Capture [Ponyta ♀]
Route 208 - Ayaka [Roselia ♀] RIP
Hearthome City - Mizuki [Eevee ⇒ Vaporeon ♀]
Route 209 - Toshiro [Staravia ♂]
Solaceon Ruins - Deco [Unown]
Route 210 - Akuma [Scyther ♂]
Route 211 - Masaki [Bronzor] RIP
Route 212 - Sumida [Kirlia ♀]
Route 213 - Konata [Buizel ♀]
Route 214 - Kaede [Rhyhorn ♀]
Route 215 - Missed Capture [Staravia ♀]
Valor Lakefront - Yuma [Bibarel ♀]
Great Marsh - Hisashi [Hoothoot ♂]

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Update

no story here folks (unless I get an epic battle or something). I began my journey with Nagai (Turtwig) and then added Frizy (Bidoof) and Thorns (Stary) to my party. Nagai and Thorns quickly grew to be the powerhouses of the team, and when I added Poppy (Shinx) roughly half the team could handle itself well in a fight. I also added Bri (Psyduck), Earthworm (Wurmple), and prem (Zubat) to my roster of mates.

Nagai crushed Roark. Cursing a few times on Geodude, then healing off all damage done with Absorb, and then sweeping the remainder of his team with Razor Leaf. The moment Roarks last pokmeon fell, Nagai evolved into the mighty Grotle and I prepared myself for the long haul to the second gym badge.

Poppy (Shinx)
Lv 13 | Rash | Intimidate | Route 203
-Spark
-Tackle
-Charge
-Leer

Thorns (Starly)
Lv 13 | Rash | Keen Eye | Lake Verity
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Tackle
-Double Team

Nagai (Grotle)
Lv 18 | Naive | Overgrow | Route 201
-Razor Leaf
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Curse

B]Frizy[/B] (Bidoof) | Lv 3 | Careful | Route 202
Earthworm (Wurmple) | Lv 4 | Adamant | Route 204
Bri (Psyduck) | Lv 4 | Naive | Ravaged Path
prem (Zubat) | Lv 5 | Naughty | Oreburgh Gate

Nuzlocke Status

Everythings pretty sweet atm. Both Thorns and Poppy are set to evolve which gives me double intimidate which p much makes the game on easy mode for the first few gyms. Nagai is also such a boss.

@Ginga-Well I got f***ed over in that....Both times losing valaube pokemons =_= But i still won :P
Also Nuzlocke status:
I died....
I got to the 6th gym, went to Celestial with a full team.
only 2 came out alive.
They then died to the next random trainer due to crits =_=
Started again, lost my Tepig(Inferno) to Cillian along with Lilly the lillipup, lost Heart the Woobat to a rock throw crit, so now I am up to the 2nd gym with:

1. Sage The Pansage(M)
lvl20
Nature-Careful(-SpA +SpD)
Moves:
1. Bite
2. Cut
3. Work Up
4. Vine Whip
Comments:
His been pretty good, belive it or not folks, but he is a bitch to train, the only one to survive Cillian's Lillipups rampage :(. MVP

2. Ko'er the Patrat(F)
lvl18
Nature:Impish(-SpA +Def)
Moves:
1. Tackle
2. Crunch
3. Work Up
4. Detect
Comments: 2nd capture, I had this in reserve in case Lilly the Lillipup died....Unfortunately this girl went onto the team sooner then expected :(
She has lived up to her name quite nicely(Wish she could do more damage through :\)

3. Temper the Tympole
lvl17
Nature:Modest(FUCK YES!)
Moves:
1. Bubblebeam
2. Mudshot
3. Round
4. Supersonic
Comments: LVP, enough said. Other then its the newest capture.

Other Notes:
Lost 2 pokemons, Lilly and Inferno to the first gym.
Lost Heart to a random trainer.
Caught Kitty(Purrloin) and Stripes(Britzle)

My first Nuzlocke failed at the hands of Roark's Crainidos.........

****ing Flinch/Crit HAX from ****ing Headbutt!!!!! D:

Final Team:

William the Piplup
Quiet
Lv. 15
- Peck
- Bubble
- Growl
- Pound

Epic the Starly
Adamant :toast:
Lv. 12
- Tackle
- Growl
- Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

Unicorn the Ponyta
Jolly
Lv. 15
- Ember
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
- Flame Wheel

Everything else was killed before I could have caught them............Stupid crits >.>

Note to self: Never use Piplup again......

I'll redo this with Turtwig!!!

ginganinja

swept that second gym no probs with Thorns the Starvia. handled Stuntank well although there was a msall problem when it started going on a critting spree. Moving onwards and upwards to 3rd gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)