Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

Yeah, I had a team ERA today of 48.60 with a WHIP of 6 sooooo......

And Stall (or anyone else for that matter), if you need an outfielder, I have somewhat of a surpluss.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, I had a team ERA today of 48.60 with a WHIP of 6 sooooo......

And Stall (or anyone else for that matter), if you need an outfielder, I have somewhat of a surpluss.
What are your thoughts on something like Trout + Cruz for Beltre? I need the speed of Trout, but because he is a rookie (and this isn't keepers) he's likely to regress a bit in the other cats. Cruz because he's inconsistent as fuck and historically rapes the average (and gets DLed) but gives me a bit of OF help too with some good power. Beltre is a better player then either of them (probably a lock to hit > .290 with at least 25/30 HR's). and means you don't have to start Will Middlebrooks at 3B lol, so it's a huge upgrade. I still have Encarnacion so I can cover the loss at 3B. Alternatively, I could trade Encarnacion instead of Beltre (younger, has a high celing from what he's shown) but because of his breakout year and relative unknown status before this year you'd prefer Beltre.

EDIT: Actually Beltre is pretty beast. Hmm this is a tough one. I still would consider the deal (although then again Austin Jackson might be coming back to give me speed and Craig + Cespedes will be big additions) but yeah throw ideas at me otherwise.

I don't know about Beltre, as Sandoval is expected to start rehab on Monday (I believe) and that will fix my 3rd base. But then again, having Beltre on utility slot wouldn't be all that bad. I know you like Beltre, but you're underselling your interest in Cruz on purpose. And at least in fantasy, his defense won't cost you the championship. (Too soon?)

How about Rollins and Cruz for Beltre and Wainwright?

Rollins is having a down year, but chances are he will recover big. Gives you more consistent stolen bases than Trout and can cover your Tulo hole for the 15+ games he's missing. I know you have Desmond, but once Howard, Utley, and Pence (plus whatever help the phills are going to get at the deadline) are reunited, he will come out and post some insane numbers, with a wicked run total to boot. Wainwright has been average this year and like Rollins coul rebound. And from what I hear on MLB Network, the general fantasy consensus is that offense > pitching when making trades. But I need a replacement for Weaver and I don't think my current move of Justin Masterson will cut it...

And don't hate on my boy Will Middlebrooks. He's not that bad as he's the Sox #1 prospect hitting .316 with 6 homeruns and 21 RBI . And he's only been up for half the season. Not bad considering I lost Sandoval, Youk, and Chipper Jones to injuries...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Wainwright is in form and killing it (check the last 3 turns) and Beltre > Cruz. Rollins isn't worth much to me, sorry.

Rollins+Cruz for Beltre+Wainwright? O.o who on earth would do that?!

I just got Trout, Jeter, and Johan Santana in a points keeper league for Freese, Ervin Santana, and Madison Bumgarner. Did I win or lose?

My logic is that I got a definite keeper and the #1 prospect in baseball and Jeter obviously and a great pitcher for two SP's having very down years and an injury prone, inconsistent player at a position I already have decently covered with Middlebrooks and Kyle Seager

OK. Fair enough, I had to try.

The only objection I have to the Trout and Cruz for Beltre is that he's injury prone. I know Cruz is too, but if he went down I'd at least still have Trout. I'd need another piece to feel good with the deal, as it seems like I'm putting all my eggs in one basket...

OMFG OMFG JOHAN SANTANA JST THROUGH A FUCKING NO HITTER OMFG IM CRYING BEST PITCHER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NO-HAN SANTANA

A Parody of Weird Al's Parody Yoda

I met him on a mound down in Citi Field
Where the Mets have played since the year Two Thousand and Nine Han
Two-ew Thousand and Nine Han

I saw the little runt standing on the rubber
I asked him his name and in a raspy voice he said "No-Han"
N-O-N-O, No-Han
No-no-no-no No-Han

Well, I've been around, but I ain't never seen
A Met who throws a no hitter in his home town of Queens
Oh, my No-Han
No-no-no-no Han

Well, I'm not dumb, but I can't understand
How he throws so damn well with the ball in his hand
Oh, my No-Han
No-no-no-no No-Han
No-no-no-no No-Han

Well, I was watching NESN like I have before
And no one has ever seen a Mets no hitter before
But Tom Carron, he set me straight, of course
He said, "Flip to SNY and they'll show you the Force"

Well I'm not the kind that would argue with him
So it looks like I'm gonna do what he says once again
And watch No-Han
No-no-no-no Han
No-no-no-no Han

No-han
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda
Yo-yo-yo-yo Yoda

So I saw the 9th
And the first two guys blooped
And it really did look like No-han was pooped
But then he pitched to Freese like he was in his head
and, I won't forget what No-han said

He said, "This one was for all life-long Met's fans
From the ones watching TV to the ones in the stands"
Oh, my No-han
No-no-no-no No-han

"I know these past few years have had you all annoyed
You said if we didn't play better, Collins would be unemployed"
Oh, my No-Han
No-no-no-no No-han

Well, I once thought No-han was just one big mess
But out of all the Met's pitchers in history, he is now the best
And for all you Met's fans who are tired and true
Will you give a hoo-raw to the orange and blue?

The long-term contract he had to sign
Now doesn't seem like the worst mistake of all time
Oh that No-han

No-no-no-no No-han No-no-no-no No-han
No-han No-no-no-no No-han No-no-no-no No-han

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
134 pitches on a surgically repaired shoulder? PASS.

but seriously, i watched the game and it must have been really hard to be TC. any other game where his team is up 8-0 and a pitcher who is coming off serious shoulder surgery is on the mound, he'd be crucified for letting him throw that many pitches. will it have an effect on Santana as the season goes on? who knows. also add to the fact that Beltran really hit a fair ball in the sixth and i am merely happy, not ecstatic or overjoyed.

nah fuck that, i was shoutin when he struck Freese out.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
You don't pull someone who's throwing a no-hitter man, doesn't matter how many pitches they've thrown.

You don't pull someone who's throwing a no-hitter man, doesn't matter how many pitches they've thrown.
Yeah, but you have to understand his point. Having a healthy Santna for the year (expecially when the Mets are playing like a playoff team) is far more important than any one game.The long term implications and the strain on his shoulder may prove to be negative for the club in the long run.

I'm not saying he should have ever been taken out, but I get aamto's point a little...

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok guys, I need a spot starter on my team tommorow so I pull off a win in the win department :P

I'm thinking Cahill and Zito, seeing as they go up against some weak offenses, but I want to see what you guys think

Stallion

Tree Young
Ok guys, I need a spot starter on my team tommorow so I pull off a win in the win department :P

I'm thinking Cahill and Zito, seeing as they go up against some weak offenses, but I want to see what you guys think
Cahill at Petco Park against the SD offense is probably as good a bet as you can get for a spot starter, would definitely go in that direction!

Respnding to your VM...

MLB.com scoreboard says Daniel Hudson and NOT Cahill is pitching tomorrow for the D-Backs in Petco. But he pitched 8 innings today in a win. Yahoo! sports has Cahill as a starter for tomorrow. Good pick, but check into it before you pull the trigger.

Now, my personal move for a win would be to take Bronson Arroyo. And not because he is a former Red Sox. It's because he's facing the Astros, a team with sketchy offense. Arroyo has not been all to bad of late, and sports a 3.59 ERA. (However last outing was kind of rough though, giving up 4 runs in 6.2 innings pitched in a L to PIT) The Reds have an offense that can score runs in a hurry . But the fun doesn't stop there. The Reds will be facing spot starter (ironic for your situation.) Most likely it will be a AAA prospect just brought up on the 28th named Jordan Lyles who has struggled mightly at the MLB level and has not pitched in a game since last Monday (in AAA).

Seems like a win waiting to happen for the first place Reds, but there are no sure things in baseball. Either move is a very good educated guess, I'm just trying to give you options.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RED SOX OUT OF THE AL EAST BASEMENT!!! 2 GAMES OUT OF THE DIVISION LEAD!! WOOOHOOO!!!

I love these minor leaguers coming up and showing their worth. Nava, Middlebrooks, Saltalamacchia...not to mention old timers like Byrd and Podsednik coming back with a vengeance. This team is saying the right things and acting the right way. I gotta give them props. I just hope they can keep this up when Ellsbury and Crawford come back to exert their usual negative influences on their attitude.

I'd go with Justin Masterson at home against the Twins. The Twins have a piss-poor offense, and I like Masterson still from when he was on the Red Sox.

Definitely use Arroyo. The Reds will win tomorrow.

Will Middlebrooks is kind of a beast. I'm juggling him and Kyle Weaver at third base in fantasy, and Middlebrooks is outperforming Kyle as of late (Seager was 0-6 with four strikeouts today...)
I think I'm gonna be sticking with the Boston rookie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)