Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

frank vogel at the end of regulation: "i told you in films yesterday we were gonna win game 1"

goes and loses his team the game taking out hibbert -___-

I enjoyed seeing all the sad faces of the Heat fans and I hope to see those same faces two more times after the Pacers win 4 straight

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vogel takes his stud defensive center out of the game and LeBron suddenly gets easy drives to the rim.

Why are NBA coaches so godawful? Guys on message boards can outcoach guys who get paid millions to do this shit.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
OMG HAHAHA!!
Too true!!
Why oh why did he keep taking his best rim protector and James deterrent out at crucial moments?
That deserves a Red Foreman 'dumbass'
I thought he would have learnt from the first time he took him out of the game for a defensibe possession. I know NBA coaches have tough decisions to make, but for fucks sake leaving the dude who's better at taking the drive away then anyone else in the team in was a no brainer.

I think the TNT guys need to go die.

Barkley: "I think Coach Vogel made a good move taking out Hibbert. Hibbert isn't athletic enough to switch on defense."

There was 2.2 seconds left, what are the chances that he'll even need to switch on defense.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
I think Vogel just ended up outcoaching himself. He was worried about a pick and pop with Bosh, which Hibbert does struggle against, but you'd rather have them take a mid-range J than an uncontested drive to the basket. In that situation, you should be trying to force them to shoot from 15-20 feet to win the game.

One thing I've learned from the Thunder is to trust your defensive center in key defensive situations no matter how much he struggles against a specific offensive set.

In any case, Vogel will learn from this and Pacers in 7.

Why are NBA coaches so godawful? Guys on message boards can outcoach guys who get paid millions to do this shit.
I hope you're trolling.

To be honest, it was a pick your poison situation. Either Lebron gets the ball and attempts a shot or Bosh have to take a mid range shot with a defender coming a hit (assuming Hibbert patrols the paint). Regardless Hibbert being out was a mistake on Vogel, he over thought the situation and it cost them.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
I hope you're trolling.

To be honest, it was a pick your poison situation. Either Lebron gets the ball and attempts a shot or Bosh have to take a mid range shot with a defender coming a hit (assuming Hibbert patrols the paint). Regardless Hibbert being out was a mistake on Vogel, he over thought the situation and it cost them.
Yeah, but there are two different potencies of poison.

One poison is ODing on pain pills - it might kill you but it might not.
The other poison is mainlining cyanide - it WILL kill you.

Vogel mainlined cyanide. You do not take out your best interior defender in that situation when a quick cut to the basket is a viable play. If you give up an open J by Bosh, so be it. Also, defending Bosh wasn't a problem

I'm sorry, some coaching moves are so obviously, without hindsight bad (especially when Hibbert being out of the game led to critical defensive breakdowns even earlier in the game) that there's no excuse or defense. And the fact is, professional coaches make utterly boneheaded moves all the time that even the casual fan can see watching on TV (just like professional politicians make utterly boneheaded moves that even the casual political junkie can see, etc etc).

I'm sorry, some coaching moves are so obviously, without hindsight bad (especially when Hibbert being out of the game led to critical defensive breakdowns even earlier in the game) that there's no excuse or defense. And the fact is, professional coaches make utterly boneheaded moves all the time that even the casual fan can see watching on TV (just like professional politicians make utterly boneheaded moves that even the casual political junkie can see, etc etc).
It's easy for you to say that while you are sitting at home on your couch watching the game. You aren't the one there talking to the players in the heat of the moment (no pun intended). If it were that easy, any one could be in his spot but it doesn't appear to be that way.

I think absolutely everybody could make the decision not to pull your star center who you signed to a maximum contract for JUST his defense in the closing moments of a playoff game you have generally controlled from start to finish.

I do not even understand why everybody assumes Bosh would definitely get an open jumper, there was so little time left.

Not only was Curry snubbed from the All-Star game, he didn't even get an All-NBA selection. Poor guy.

Blake Griffin gets a second team selection, though...dafuq

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
>complaining about blake griffin's game being flawed
>while complaining about an undersized combo guard with no defense getting snubbed

I'd take Blake over Curry 10 times out of 10, aside from the fact that Griffin is BETTER, he also plays a much more valuable position and has much more valuable skills (post scoring and rebounding versus pure shooting)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)