1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's almost as if they edited the footage
  2. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Wasn't it posted a while ago that Kyurem's White forme got at least some sort of boost to its special attack? If it got 150 special attack, that puts it well into its own category.
  3. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

From the calcs I did earlier for Freeze Shock, it seems that the Kyurem forms got a major power-buff compared to Normal Kyurem which already has Base 130 Attack Stats and if they are Base 150 now like speculated, when something has a stronger Outrage than Haxorus, I think Scarf is definitely a viable option.

Base 150 SpA Draco Meteors with Fire/Fighting coverage both with 100+ Base Power...god that sounds dirty.
  4. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Don't forget it could have a Choice Band and 252 EVs. That would be a clean KO from Weak Kyurem on Lonely 0 Def Reshiram, while 0 SAtk Reshiram would do 43-50% to Kyurem.
  5. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I really doubt that they would go to such lengths to stage a one hit ko
  6. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's unseen information and they're trying to impress a crowd, so it's possible. Also, assuming the fusion mon's corresponding offensive stat is 150, all it needs is 252 EVs and a Choice Band for a clean KO on Reshiram with Freeze Shock.
  7. satchmo

satchmo

That's quite impressive. But I think Outrage would be a better comparison, as it will see more use.
  8. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

Just throwing it there: I think the Overdrive modes are active as long as Kyurem has Ice Burn/Freeze Shock in its moveset.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm quite sure that all the footage we've seen so far doesn't contraddict this theory. Black Kyurem was in Overdrive mode right when it was sent out at the start of the battle and used Freeze Shock.

Assuming those moves are competitively useless, that's essentially a movepool restriction in exchange for whatever the Ovedrive modes do.
    Considering that Freeze Shock did so much damage against Reshiram, unless it was purposely staged in order to land that OHKO, it's not out of the question that it could have been thanks to an Attack boost.

If it's something like an auto-Swords Dance/Nasty Plot then being restricted to 3 moves wouldn't be so bad. Kyurem can still get perfect coverage in 3 moves anyway and if it indeed does get a Atk/Sp.Atk boost then Power Herb becomes a lot more viable since it could practically OHKO everything with its other moves at +2 (maybe even at +1), making LO not that needed.
  9. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

New images from Pokemon Japan newsletter email. Is there any new info from any of them?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. JoshWa

JoshWa

Well near the bottom it looks like a new mini game for the Dream World, and it has Joltik in the corner, so they might be releasing (finally) some 5th gen Pokemon?
  11. Dark Ray

Dark Ray Here to bug you
    is a Pre-Contributor

It doesn't look like a new DW game, it looks like a standard Pokemon site game, all the current DW minigames have 2 sprites in boxes, the Pokemon you tucked in and the Pokemon you're trying to befriend, this doesn't have either.
    If someone can translate it we might learn something new but I highly doubt that Joltik game has anything to do with the Global Link.
  12. Afti

Afti

Daisuke Club stuff, though it says up top that "You can enjoy without a member ID."

I'd trust my translation abilities about as much as I would a gun made of toilet paper rolls, but I don't think that this is tied into the Global Link.
  13. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

This means there are 6 buildings in this general area of the city, but it seems as though the city is at least a bit bigger.
  14. The Diverman

The Diverman

I WANT THOSE KEYCHAINS!!! But I think if you import the games, you won't get the preorder bonuses. :(
  15. Executive Proton

Executive Proton

The keychains look nice but I miss the figurines they gave you when you preordered Pt/HG/SS =(. I wanted a zekrom figurine but that never happened.
  16. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Actually I checked the police officer near Nimbasa and he looks pretty different. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong guy? Also, Team Plasma's hair looks more like the hair of these dudes.
  17. lmitchell0012

lmitchell0012 Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Sorry if this has already been asked, but do we know if there will be any new dream world abilities introduced with this game?? It would be nice if pokemon with levitate had a second ability. Bronzong gets TWO other abilities to choose from, so why can't other levitate users also have a few more options??
  18. ace combat

ace combat

Can anyone who can read Japanese confirm from the Kyurem fighting video if it still has pressure as it's ability?
  19. mew420

mew420

where can i find this "nimbasa" pic everyone is talking about?
  20. satchmo

satchmo

The officers near Nimbasa looks older (and fatter), they are definately different from him.

Can anyone identify the text in the picture?
  21. The Diverman

The Diverman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't know, they look pretty similar to me.
  22. satchmo

satchmo

They're still thinner, as far as I can tell. Though, that could just be newer sprites.
  23. The Diverman

The Diverman

Well they could look to be thinner due it being a screen capture of a video. Though I will also admit they also look similar to the Rocket sprites from HG/SS.
    http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/pokeheartgoldsoulsilver/sheet/26955 (column: 4-5 row: 6)
    (I would just post a pic like I did with the first, but that's one image altogether, so I would have to crop it and upload again. Yeah I'm lazy.)
  24. GDK

GDK

It's a well known fact that every cop in the world is bound to be fat.
  25. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Deleting...
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

I can safely say that Levitate Pokémon will never get a DW ability, besides Bronzor / Bronzong, because they had Heat Proof and Levitate in D/P. They are the only Levitate Pokémon with a second ability, so you can't compare them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)