1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

GameFreak lacks a motive to completely screw us over?
  2. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Only RNGers got screwed. And even then, "screwed" because I understood it as only Egg IV spreads being impossible to RNG anymore.
  3. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yeah a few people have said it only affects the first egg of any given game session.
    Which doesn't matter much to people that just breed forever for things
  4. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

RNGers tend to reset their game often to change the clock etc.

Which of course means MWL is correct since it kind of translates to the traditional method being impossible to use anymore.

Of course if you don't RNG then it's all fine :/
  5. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Well, as I don't RNG, this doesn't affect me in the slightest.

So, changing the subject somewhat, can one use Synchronizers in Entree Forest now?
  6. Count Serperior

Count Serperior

To add to Missingno. Master's question:

Do Synchronizers works on Hollow pokemon?
  7. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

No, PID Frame still advances when the C-gear is on.

Possible. While gender, ability, and species are locked when generated their nature are random.

Edit: Appears I was wrong about nature being locked within HH, my mistake.
  8. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Can one reset for IVs at least? As long as I'll be able to SR for an Imposter Ditto with a 31 in HP, that's all I need.
  9. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

iirc its possible
  10. Flare Blitzle

Flare Blitzle

Nature isn't locked. I reset for a good nature on my Minccino.
  11. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Another question- what do you do with the thrift store stuff from Join Avenue? Who is this expert whose opinion you're supposed to get?
  12. Lrrr

Lrrr

You get items directly from the thrift store; no need to take anything to anyone. But its random, like the lowest one you can buy has like Hard Stones and Tiny Mushrooms.

Ive gotten sacred ash from join avenue and thats either from the people passing by or from the thrift store.
  13. Deku La Situacion

Deku La Situacion

And... its really than the top4(RubeNCB, BlueCookies, Matteo, and Enfuego) off the VGC2011 world championship appear in the game how leaders of something? I'm not sure off this possibilitie but my friend ruben tell to me that.
  14. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Deku: If I understood correctly, yes the teams from VGC11 are indeed in BW2. However, they're kind of... badly ported. The nicknames are all cut off and somebody's Mienshao (Human's?) has Rock Blast instead of Rock Slide, lol.
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, but the games can still receive "DLC rosters" so Nintendo/Game Freak will release the proper teams in the future.
  16. Darkmaster77

Darkmaster77

i'm a rng abuser but can u tell me how to RNG LIFE??? lol , anyway why bother to rng eggs in bw2 when u can do the same in bw
  17. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Maybe the user wants eggs/Pokemon with the ID/SID of their BW2 game although it's possible (though tiny bit more tricky) to RNG an egg in BW1 and simply transfer it into BW2 then hatch it to have whatever ID/SID you have within BW2. I mean it's not like the PID/IV of an egg changes when hatching within a different game.
  18. breh

breh ● ︿ ●
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Well, I guess the main issue is convenience; with so many new tutor moves, something's granted to use them, meaning it's just one less step in the process of breeding a battle-ready mon.

Oh, and nothing in existence is truly random, just pseudo-random to the point that it cannot be predicted.
  19. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Anyone know of a decent guide? The only real reason I'd need one is to know who not to talk to or where not to go in order avoid wasting special mons that I can RNG later.
  20. Aleva

Aleva

Just a quick question; did the Water and Magma Cave mentioned a while ago ever come to anything involving Groudon and Kyogre?
  21. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

No, the cave just contains Heatran in both versions.
  22. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

The weather titans are unavailable in BW2, I guess this is to keep fans on their toes for a RSE remake...?
  23. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Or they just didn't want to put in any "big" legends normally. If it wasn't for those pesky Lati@s I'd say it was because they were in the relatively recent HGSS.

Honestly, people could find RSE remake """""""""""hints"""""""""""" in their food at this point
  24. Maverick Hunter

Maverick Hunter

Genesect is Coro Coro's cover, will be distributed next month. For me, countdown to Gen 6 has started, once they have no new pokémon to reveal. the only game that should be released is a Pokémon battle revolution for WiiU.
  25. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

If we're trying to "catch 'em all" in the BW/B2W2 Series, we're missing a few Pokémon that could appear in an RSEmake: All of the Starter Pokémon outside of Unova, All of the Kanto and Johto Legendary Pokémon, and the Weather Titans, as well as some misc. stuff like Pikachu (!) that isn't in B/W/B2/W2 or the Dream World.

If we include recent distributions, then we're still missing (worldwide) the Kanto Birds, the Johto Starters and the Johto Beasts. (Internationally, we're also missing the Weather Titans.)

But this topic isn't about RSEmakes so I'll shut up. How about that Genesect?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)