Pokémon Conquest

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There'll be a livestreamed press conference about the game next week Thursday on NicoNico.

Also, Toei's strategy games are supposed to be quite good so I wouldn't really worry too much about it. There's a good chance they'll simplify it due to the target audience like Chunsoft did with the Pokemon version of the Mystery Dungeon games though.

It is for the DS because of all the people that still have a DS not 3DS and the 3DS is backward capable with DS games (plus when the b/w games were still unreleased/still in japan I remember that bubapedia said that the b/w games were made to late to be made on the 3DS but it gets better graphics on the 3DS).
Either way I'm excited about this game.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9085165&t=6865472

A friend of mine watched the stream (she's a big Pokemon fan), and she was Japanese fluent enough to pick things up.

"The game's apparently been in the works for something like three years, which explains why it's being released for the DS and not the 3DS or something. The inspiration for combining the two games apparently came in part from the fact that there's 17 elemental types of pokemon, and in the original Nobunaga's Ambition, there's 17 countries to conquer. (As gameplay footage shown a little later in the conference showed, it looks like each country DOES have an elemental theme to it...)"

"Battles aren't necessarily JUST about fighting! The stage demonstrated featured more of a "capture the flag" task, in which the goal was to capture all three flags on the field.

Gameplay is a turned-based strategy game style, done by player turns. That is, each player moves all of his pokemon, then it switches to the next player's turn. Pokemon retain their elemental advantages and disadvantages from the games, though overall the battle system is fairly simple; the game is meant to be playable for people NEW to strategy games, basically. So if you're an old pro looking for a challenge, this probably won't be the best game for you. (Well, unless Koei includes some kind of hard mode....)

Also, the battle system features a "bushou power" that can be used to power up the pokemon on the field; for example increasing how far a pokemon can move in a single turn."
Oh and apparently this was originally going to be a Pokemon Musou game. So Pokemon x Dynasty Warriors @_@ They decided to do the crossover with Nobunga's Ambition instead.

Trailer #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZ6ayup4O8
[youtube]SyZ6ayup4O8[/youtube]

Coming June 18th to the USA.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-conquest/

Warlords and their Pokémon clash in Pokémon Conquest, a new game for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems!

In this unique turn-based strategy game, play as a Warlord and build a bond with your Pokémon in order to become more powerful and intimidate your foes! Battle other Warriors and Warlords—and their Pokémon—to conquer all before you and unite the vast Ransei region!

With a nod to the classic game NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION, Pokémon Conquest takes Pokémon video games to an all-new level!

Get ready to clash in Pokémon Conquest, coming soon for the Nintendo DS family of systems! The game can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this is absolutely wonderful news, the only thing holding back my enjoyment of this game was the language barrier, the gameplay is solid as far as i'm concerned, while the graphics and art are just top notch, looks like nintendo is paying attention to the strong international demand for this game

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i was very afraid they were gonna Fire Emblem this

thank god we actually get an English version

Stratos

Banned deucer.
It's a Pokemon-themed JRPG

EDIT: or is it an SRPG? i really don't remember the difference

anyway you have pokemon on little grids and you kill the enemy pokemon bouncing around the grids

EDIT2: Okay it's an SRPG

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wasn't really that excited about this, based on the original ideas and stuff. This style of game hasn't been something I've played before. I've spent some time looking at the videos in this thread though, and it does look like I'll probably end up buying it as it does look quite appealing.

They couldnt have released it a few weeks earlier to give me something to do when I start travelling this summer though could they? Just thoughtless in my opinion...

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey this is awesome news. Funnily enough I was just thinking yesterday that this game WASN'T going to be localised. Never have I been happier to be proved wrong.

I was hoping that they wouldn't change the names of the people in this game, and so far, they have not. Nobunaga's still Nobunaga, Kenshin is still Kenshin, Shingen's still Shingen... It would've been kind of a blow if they changed the names for American audiences since these Warlords actually existed (though obviously, Nobunaga Oda didn't unify Japan by commanding a black dragon that shoots lightning IRL).

But those fears have been extinguished.

Looks good so far. I haven't bought many 3ds games lately so I'll probably pick this up after I look through a few more gameplay videos

Though obviously, Nobunaga Oda didn't unify Japan by commanding a black dragon that shoots lightning IRL.
Wait

What do you mean he didn't

Anywhales, I am totally going to get this game, and I haven't even bothered to look at the video. I absolutely love this genre of game, and of course I love pokemon, so there's no doubt this game'll be right up my alley.

From what I hear, this game's an easy first SRPG for those unfamiliar with the genre.

Doubtless the pundits will buy it up however.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I just saw this on serebii:

The Australian game classification has posted a rating for the game; Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, confirming release in other regions than just America, giving it a G rating. Interestingly, the classification for the game actually keeps the Japanese name of Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition rather than the name used in the US of Pokémon Conquest. It is currently unknown whether the game will retain the Japanese name outside of America as it may change from the rating classification, but as soon as we get confirmation, we'll post it here. Release outside of America is still unknown. In the meantime, click the US boxart to go to our section
This makes me so happy.

I played the real game long before this was released, and I really liked it (the version for the original Game Boy.) I was really excited for this, but soon became very disappointed at how much they dumbed it all down. Instead of the whole grand strategy setup with maintaining your fief and those you conquer, it's basically just battle after battle in a Disgaea-like (but worse) environment. I suppose I should expect as much from Pokémon spinoffs...

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I spent about an hour watching a walkthrough of this game, and I'm very excited. I haven't played most of the non-mainline Pokemon games (Snap, Ranger, Pinball, TCG etc) but this RPG style has me really excited. Definitely will be going on opening day to pick it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)