1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Conquest

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There'll be a livestreamed press conference about the game next week Thursday on NicoNico.

Also, Toei's strategy games are supposed to be quite good so I wouldn't really worry too much about it. There's a good chance they'll simplify it due to the target audience like Chunsoft did with the Pokemon version of the Mystery Dungeon games though.
  2. TrainerX493

TrainerX493

It is for the DS because of all the people that still have a DS not 3DS and the 3DS is backward capable with DS games (plus when the b/w games were still unreleased/still in japan I remember that bubapedia said that the b/w games were made to late to be made on the 3DS but it gets better graphics on the 3DS).
    Either way I'm excited about this game.
  3. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9085165&t=6865472

Oh and apparently this was originally going to be a Pokemon Musou game. So Pokemon x Dynasty Warriors @_@ They decided to do the crossover with Nobunga's Ambition instead.

Trailer #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZ6ayup4O8
    [youtube]SyZ6ayup4O8[/youtube]
  4. RBG

RBG Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

Coming June 18th to the USA.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-conquest/

[​IMG]

5. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this is absolutely wonderful news, the only thing holding back my enjoyment of this game was the language barrier, the gameplay is solid as far as i'm concerned, while the graphics and art are just top notch, looks like nintendo is paying attention to the strong international demand for this game
  6. Pwnemon

Pwnemon Switching is a metagame trend
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

i was very afraid they were gonna Fire Emblem this

thank god we actually get an English version
  7. az

az I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

europe???????
  8. PrimeMinister

PrimeMinister

Okay, what is this game exactly about? What is the goal/ style of gameplay?

I can't find a good answer.
  9. Pwnemon

is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

It's a Pokemon-themed JRPG

EDIT: or is it an SRPG? i really don't remember the difference

anyway you have pokemon on little grids and you kill the enemy pokemon bouncing around the grids

EDIT2: Okay it's an SRPG
  10. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I wasn't really that excited about this, based on the original ideas and stuff. This style of game hasn't been something I've played before. I've spent some time looking at the videos in this thread though, and it does look like I'll probably end up buying it as it does look quite appealing.

They couldnt have released it a few weeks earlier to give me something to do when I start travelling this summer though could they? Just thoughtless in my opinion...
  11. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Hey this is awesome news. Funnily enough I was just thinking yesterday that this game WASN'T going to be localised. Never have I been happier to be proved wrong.
  12. RedMeowth

RedMeowth

I was hoping that they wouldn't change the names of the people in this game, and so far, they have not. Nobunaga's still Nobunaga, Kenshin is still Kenshin, Shingen's still Shingen... It would've been kind of a blow if they changed the names for American audiences since these Warlords actually existed (though obviously, Nobunaga Oda didn't unify Japan by commanding a black dragon that shoots lightning IRL).

But those fears have been extinguished.
  13. Heroes Fall

Heroes Fall

Looks good so far. I haven't bought many 3ds games lately so I'll probably pick this up after I look through a few more gameplay videos
  14. The Diverman

The Diverman

15. MLaRF

MLaRF

Wait

What do you mean he didn't

Anywhales, I am totally going to get this game, and I haven't even bothered to look at the video. I absolutely love this genre of game, and of course I love pokemon, so there's no doubt this game'll be right up my alley.
  16. Raverist

Raverist

From what I hear, this game's an easy first SRPG for those unfamiliar with the genre.

Doubtless the pundits will buy it up however.
  17. Shinryu

Shinryu

June eh? And we get BW2 in the fall, exciting times :D
  18. Pwnemon

Doubles Co-Lead

hell, nobugona oda didn't unify japan period

nobugona's ambition? more like nobugona's failure
  19. Tenodera

Tenodera

I'm quite excited about this!

<< And the art is superb.
  20. SevilitheArcanine

SevilitheArcanine

So, do you make your Pokemon battle like usual or do you battle alongside your Pokemon?
  21. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

I just saw this on serebii:

This makes me so happy.
  22. Tombstoner

Tombstoner

I played the real game long before this was released, and I really liked it (the version for the original Game Boy.) I was really excited for this, but soon became very disappointed at how much they dumbed it all down. Instead of the whole grand strategy setup with maintaining your fief and those you conquer, it's basically just battle after battle in a Disgaea-like (but worse) environment. I suppose I should expect as much from Pokémon spinoffs...
  23. BigZac

BigZac

The main bad guy has a Shiny Rayquaza.

I R JELLY.

:c
  24. Eraddd

Eraddd One Pixel
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I spent about an hour watching a walkthrough of this game, and I'm very excited. I haven't played most of the non-mainline Pokemon games (Snap, Ranger, Pinball, TCG etc) but this RPG style has me really excited. Definitely will be going on opening day to pick it up.
  25. LPFan

LPFan

I'd like to try and play this game sometime...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)