1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokemon Showdown bug reports

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Recently we've been having some issues with the server and lag. Specifically, if the bug you are going to report is regarding choosing a name or the slew of server error messages received this Friday the Thirteenth (July), we already know, and the problems are going to be addressed by the proper personnel as soon as possible.
  2. Bort

Bort

If I type rotom into the teambuilder search bar, then click on rotom-wash for example, it adds regular rotom to the team, not the form I selected. You have to do it twice to get the right form.

Also clicking the find battle button twice queues you twice, making it really easy to accidentally end up with two games to play simultaneously.
  3. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

It's a server problem that I've been trying to fix. Don't worry, it'll be fixed.
  4. Tendie

Tendie

Get this as well. Also it would be convenient for Rotom-W to also link to Rotom Wash...
    I mean yeah. I am a layman, but that seems like the kind of thing that could prove to be really simple to add. If it is simple to add, it would be appreciated
  5. mentholcase

mentholcase

A pokemon that is under both Torment and Encore should only be able to use Struggle, but it attacks normally after the user selects Struggle.
  6. Tendie

Tendie

I don't believe that is correct, because it should be able to attack every other turn, as per Torment's rules.
  7. mentholcase

mentholcase

It never used struggle, period. It should happen every two rounds, but it didn't ever. Sorry for not making that clear, that was my fault.
  8. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

Next time it happens, post a screenshot or copy-paste the log, so people can see EXACTLY what happened. But that sounds really wierd, definitely a bug (if it happened just like you said)
  9. Cyberspeed

Cyberspeed

Last time I checked Shedinja can't use Swords Dance on PS.I was going to put him on my NU team but it said that the move "Swords Dance" is Illegal.Not to sure if it is a bug or not.
  10. lousy918

lousy918

Just ignore it, as long as it allows you to use SD
  11. Salamence97

Salamence97

I hope this the right place to post.
    I have been trying to get on PS since yesterday, and it still says that it's not up yet. Is it really not up yet? Or is it some other problem I, in particular, might be facing?
    Please help. Thanks.
  12. Splendiferous

Splendiferous

Not sure if this is a bug but after your IVs are changed by having a Hidden Power you can just make them back to 31 and still keep the same Hidden Power. I haven't had a chance to test if the IVs remain as 31 or if the 31 is just for show though.
  13. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

It's really not up, it's been down for more than a day, and I'm really pissed off at the server host right now.

The backup server is up, but it can't handle very many users, so you'll see the "server down" message whenever the backup server is full.
  14. ForeverPerfectXI

ForeverPerfectXI

Espeon used Baton Pass!
    Espeon is being sent back!
    The foe's Derpy the Dino used Pursuit!
    It's super effective! Espeon lost 80% of its health!
    Espeon fainted!
    The sandstorm rages.

Pursuit damage was dealt on Baton Pass.
  15. Ninja Vulpix

Ninja Vulpix

Muted Users and Namelocked Users obey the old userlist system rather than the alphabetical one.
  16. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Dango Dango Daikazoku
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Okay found a weird one, i'm not entirely sure how i managed to do this but I'm able to search randbats with any team I want.
  17. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Yeah snowflakes that was a temporary fuck up; it should be fixed lol.
  18. Meli

Meli

is the site still down just for me?
    I hate pokemon online and people there. I want Showdown to be fixed already T_T
  19. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Dango Dango Daikazoku
    is a Battle Server Moderator

yeah talked to zarel about it, it was funny accidently searching for one with my LC team lol
  20. LightBlueMist

LightBlueMist (´・ω・`)
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Don't we all.... ;_;

It's being worked on, though. So don't worry!

(I'd like to note that the "Don't we all" was aimed at the "I want Showdown to be fixed already" part. I have nothing against PO users..... :x )
  21. Meli

Meli

I just played there... All i got was some pathetic people going "hahaha loser" after i lost a game of pressing random buttons cos i didnt know whats going on... not gonna play there anymore.
  22. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

ThePhalanx, please do not post the direct link to the backup server anywhere. There's a reason it's not normally accessible: it can't support that many users, and posting it publicly will only get the backup server taken down.
  23. ThePhalanx

ThePhalanx

Oh sorry. I'll delete my post.
    I assumed since Smogon itself posted it on [site] that it was publicly accessible :(
  24. Fakero

Fakero

when i click in something it only appears the screen to choose username, I choose it, and it eeps sayig that
  25. Mirador2097

Mirador2097

Can't connect to my Acc

Everytime I connect to showdown I am not logged in my acc
    I'm just Guest... and I don't know what to do
    Pls help
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)