1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Small Objective Changes (Typos, Poor Wording, Etc.)

Discussion in 'Past Generation Contributions' started by Setsuna, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Setsuna

Setsuna Prototype
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    The Smog Leader

DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS IN THIS THREAD. DOUBLE POST. TRIPLE POST, BUT DO *NOT* EDIT.

Post small changes to pages on the site here. Fundamental idea: if there is something wrong with a page on the site and your fix does not change the structure of it, then post it here instead of making a new topic. (Quick addition: if your change is controversial, this is not the topic for it. Post a new topic with your ideas so others can criticize them.)

Why are there no posts here?: When something gets fixed in this thread the post is deleted, don't be weirded out by the lack of posts!

SCMS people: You don't need to post here. Just make the change yourself. If you fix someone else's problem, please post that you did so.

When corrections are made by Site Staff, the post reporting the error will be deleted, and then eventually undeleted and moved to this thread to keep this thread tidy.

Rules

~ It would be wonderful if you linked to the page you want to correct, that makes fixing it that much quicker. Please link to the page on the site. I'm tired of trying to find the page to edit something, only to read through the whole thing and realize you were talking about the ADV analysis or something dumb. If you just say something like "Geodude needs to have 5 more Attack EVs on its Rock Throw set" without linking to the analysis, you will be infracted. If you can't take the time to just add a link, then it's not that helpful.

~ If the errors you find are limited to certain parts of a page, it's a great idea to clarify in which areas your edits are located. For example, "On Kakuna's 'Ubers Support' set, x needs to be capitalized". Better yet is quoting the context so the section you're talking about is quickly and easily found.

NOTICE #1: Badged members, do NOT just auto-correct all the suggestions. A lot of the time, the suggestion isn't grammatically correct.

NOTICE #2: Be clear about what you have fixed and always make a post AFTER the corrected post to note this.

NOTICE #3: I've noticed that for some reason on the credits page that strings of text will move around the page in between edits from when a person edits the page and when someone caches it. Nobody is doing this on purpose, and it irritates me that it happens, though it mostly happens at the very bottom of the page after the last </dd> tag. For a while there it was "Symphx" that was jumping down, and then a few times it was "ed seve" that jumped. IDK why or how this happens, just be aware that it does.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    Kingler12345 and Erico9001 like this.
  2. Meteor

Meteor

Hopefully this is the right place, seems pretty cut and dry to me anyway:
    http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/machamp
    On the B/W Bulk Up Set.
    Unless I've missed something, Gligar is hit neutrally by Stone Edge, it's just that its defensive bulk with eviolite means it does very little damage.
    As an alternative (I've never written anything analysis related before so I am not sure on standard wording, hopefully this works):
    Calcs from Pokemon Showdown's damage calculator for the stone edge/ice punch comparative, if needed.
    252+ Atk Machamp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 56-67 (16.76 - 20.05%) -- possible 5HKO
    252+ Atk Machamp Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 168-200 (50.29 - 59.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Machamp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 84-99 (25.14 - 29.64%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
    +1 252+ Atk Machamp Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 252-300 (75.44 - 89.82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (also, 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)
  3. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Reworded it slightly differently and made it more concise. Thanks.
  4. DialaceStarvy

DialaceStarvy

5. Rohail

Rohail Vaporeon <3
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I think I fixed it; sorry, first time using SCMS.
  6. Least100Seraphs

Least100Seraphs

7. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~

Fixed the above.

Also moved Vacuum Wave next to Mach Punch for neatness reasons
  8. Redless

Redless

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/rotom-c/ou

Support set, first paragraph, final sentence:
    "While it is weak to Fire- and Ice-type moves, Rotom-C resists common Water-type attacks, such as Politoed's Hydro Pump, and can threaten there users with STAB Leaf Storm or gain momentum with Volt Switch."

"there" should be "their" because the water moves are possessive of the users.

On the other hand, if "there" isn't meant to be possessive, consider moving it to a different part of the sentence, like before "can" or after "volt switch." But I am 80% sure it is a possessive there that should be their.
  9. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Currently experiencing a serious case of Dance Kittens
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I definitely fixed this before, as my version of the scms had this change, but it's not onsite?

I resubmitted it so it should be fixed hopefully.
  10. Goddess Briyella

Goddess Briyella <fleur> can i unstamp that
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/hariyama/doubles

I noticed a few objective errors in this analysis that I viewed from the home page. Both of these statements are direct quotes from the Trick Room Attacker segment of this analysis. I added what I believe are the appropriate corrections. Sorry, I don't know how to quote the text directly in an orange box here without a Reply button in the source. ^^; I hope this is alright!

"Hariyama is a Pokemon that will usually be seen on more offensive versions of Trick Room teams."

"Stone Edge allows you to hit Flying-type Pokemon such as Zapdos and Tornadus harder then than Ice Punch would, but Ice Punch gives you coverage against Dragon and Grass-Type Pokemon like Latios and Latias, as well as Landorus, (AC) which doesn't take much from Stone Edge."
  11. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

sent a pull request fixing these
    Frizy likes this.
  12. Kingler12345

Kingler12345 COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE STARTS WITH C

for what goddess briyella posted,
    pls fix that too mikel
    Goddess Briyella likes this.
  13. Kingler12345

Also in Rotom-w's "Bulky Attacker set"
    'Check against' is really redundant and should be changed to 'check to'.
    linky
  14. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

on it, chief

edit: appears gato beat me to it :|
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Frizy likes this.
  15. Yuri

Yuri

on Toxic Boost:
    seems it was supposed (see what i did here) to be as opposed.
  16. Zystral

Zystral めんどくさい、な~

17. Yuri

Yuri

the EVs section of ADV Fearow says
    nitpick but it should be either to outspeed and kill or for outspeeding and killing
  18. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Currently experiencing a serious case of Dance Kittens
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I added this plus some other changes, which I hope go through on SCMS (I'm not really familiar with the process at this point)
  19. Kingler12345

youre not supposed to use kill anyway, js
  20. Lolk

Lolk the cold never bothered me anyway
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

21. NixHex

NixHex A new vice president erryday to keep me busy
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That's a database error, there are a massive amount of missing moves in BW, mostly move tutors. No more database changes on current Smogon; these things will be accounted for on the new SCMS.
  22. noobcubed

noobcubed

From the overview of Meganium's NU analysis:

"Unlike the many other Grass-types that Meganium faces stiff competition from, such as Torterra and Vileplume."

Please add "Pokemon" after "from" and remove the comma, or alternatively removed the "from"
  23. noobcubed

noobcubed

Actually, don't do that, I've reread the sentence and it's fine. I don't know what I was thinking.
  24. noobcubed

noobcubed

Yay, triple post!

Anyway, this one is a legitimate error. From NU Dragonair, last line:

"Finding a Pokemon to handle Dragonair isn't the most difficult task, as her decent is often not good enough to withstand the strongest attackers in the tier."

Not sure what the word "decent" was meant to be, I assume "defense".
  25. Rohail

Rohail Vaporeon <3
    Mentor

Fixed the above

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)