CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Rocko the Taco

Votes: 18 8.8%
  • KoA #1 (mummy)

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • TaB #1 (kana)

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • KoA # 2 (viking)

Votes: 36 17.6%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 61 29.8%
  • Sanglunaria

Votes: 39 19.0%
  • KoA #3 (marionette)

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • TaB #2 (fencing)

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • TaB #3 (boxing)

Votes: 28 13.7%
  • Cooper

Votes: 14 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, FutureSuperStar won the last poll meaning we have our Base Stats. This is what is known so far about our Pokemon:

Typing: Ghost/Fighting
90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 110 Sp. Defense / 65 Speed
Total = 525 BST

Yeah, that's not a lot of real usable information. And this next step won't really please those ready to play a rousing game of theorymon. Before we can choose ability, move pool, or anything else that might help this Pokemon become more solidly placed in terms of competitive battling, we need to choose how it works. Basically, you are going to vote for any option below that you would like to be the design. Unfortunately, there are only ten slots in a poll, so I can only list ten of them.

All art and all info on art can be found here.

Okay, those are the ten you can choose from. Yes, Tea and Blues has three entries, but he probably drew ten options all on his own. I chose the art best received in the last thread for the top ten. There should be enough variety here, for those of you who I didn't choose, I just ran out of room.

Clicky poll time. You have two days for this one.

Yeah, I just realized I have three from KoA and three from TaB. Let's just say I didn't realize that until I was working on the poll. I chose the art based on its merit, some of the art I didn't realize was by the user until I was posting the poll.

Edit:
Be greedy and vote for as many as you want, I voted for six. Just don't vote for all ten, as that's pretty pointless.

I love the idea of Sanglunaria's

All fighting pokemon are "human shaped" and this one is human shaped, ghostly and I can imagine this thing using shadow punch and cross chop. I don't know, but i like this one best.

How many do we pick?

Also, I seriously don't get why the Banette evo is a choice when it was already decided this was an original Pokemon.

How many do we pick?

Also, I seriously don't get why the Banette evo is a choice when it was already decided this was an original Pokemon.
Because Plusle and Minun don't evolve into Pikachu. Or the large amount of bird and fish Pokemon that are unrelated. Just because two Pokemon look similar does not mean one evolves into the other.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I loved DougJustDoug's explanation for the art and the design is unorthodox to say the least.

Also liked KOA's Viking and Sanglunaria's floaty Black Mage :-D

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
tough choice but DJD's mr.t ghost, KOA's marrionette and TaB's fencer are all my favs.

edit: koa's marrionette looks like it should be a weavile-esque sweeper, not a balanced tank

Man, why is Doug just Dougs getting the most votes?It looks nothing like a pokemon i like the mummy one and the marrionate one

I really have to say this: While DJD has been very helpful to this process, and while he is an amazing artist, his sprite is in no way a Pokemon. It is like a D.C./Marvel Character more so. I just do not see it as a Pokemon. Pokemon are creatures, barring the Human shaped ones, and even the Human shaped ones are far from Humans. DJD's looks exactly like a Human, bar no eyes and legs. Just pointing that out. Don't get me wrong, i like it, but not for Pokemon.

I like TaB's Boxer, KoA's Marionette and Viking the best.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The marionette one is amazing, even though it screams Bannete Evo. I will vote for the kana one, though. It's simply too amazing.

It's mostly the fact that it looks soo non-pokemon and soo "badass" that people are attracted to it more than something more pokemon-ish. Same case could be said for Syclant.
Yeah, well Syclant looked like a Pokemon. I can just picture running into it in the Snow place in D/P. I can't picture DJD's coming up in the Wild. it would be like a trainer rather than a Pokemon.

i voted for the Kana one by tea and blues

it was hard deciding since most of them atleast to me dont look like pokemon at all.

Voted for KoA's viking. Like it the best, and it looks like it could be a Pokemon.

I'd discuss something here, but there isn't much to discuss at this point.

BTW, congratulations, FutureSuperStar, on winning the stat spread vote.

I can't picture DJD's coming up in the Wild. it would be like a trainer rather than a Pokemon.
.....You know, that's not a bad idea. I can see this Djinn guy being more in control rather then the trainer, hell it could be it's own trainer and fucking battle gym leaders with a few of his sparring buddies lol

Not voting yet (still trying to decide which ones I like best), but my favorite so far is easily the Kana one from Tea and Blues. Banette evo one is somewhat nice, but it needs to be saved for a Banette evo, and just from looking at this thing's stats, it clearly isn't one.

.....You know, that's not a bad idea. I can see this Djinn guy being more in control rather then the trainer, hell it could be it's own trainer and fucking battle gym leaders with a few of his sparring buddies lol
That's not what I said....<_<; I said maybe we can send it along with all the other Pokemon and say it is a TRainer that you find on the Routes. Better yet maybe a Gym Leader. Ghost or Psychic leader. Works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)