1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Hyra, Feb 15, 2008.

?

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

Poll closed Feb 17, 2008.
  1. Rocko the Taco

18 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. KoA #1 (mummy)

47 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. TaB #1 (kana)

39 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. KoA # 2 (viking)

36 vote(s)
    17.6%
  5. DougJustDoug

61 vote(s)
    29.8%
  6. Sanglunaria

39 vote(s)
    19.0%
  7. KoA #3 (marionette)

72 vote(s)
    35.1%
  8. TaB #2 (fencing)

16 vote(s)
    7.8%
  9. TaB #3 (boxing)

28 vote(s)
    13.7%
  10. Cooper

14 vote(s)
    6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Okay, FutureSuperStar won the last poll meaning we have our Base Stats. This is what is known so far about our Pokemon:

Typing: Ghost/Fighting
    90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 110 Sp. Defense / 65 Speed
    Total = 525 BST

Yeah, that's not a lot of real usable information. And this next step won't really please those ready to play a rousing game of theorymon. Before we can choose ability, move pool, or anything else that might help this Pokemon become more solidly placed in terms of competitive battling, we need to choose how it works. Basically, you are going to vote for any option below that you would like to be the design. Unfortunately, there are only ten slots in a poll, so I can only list ten of them.

All art and all info on art can be found here.

Okay, those are the ten you can choose from. Yes, Tea and Blues has three entries, but he probably drew ten options all on his own. I chose the art best received in the last thread for the top ten. There should be enough variety here, for those of you who I didn't choose, I just ran out of room.

Clicky poll time. You have two days for this one.
  2. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

this is tough.
  3. Adamant_Torterra

Adamant_Torterra

KoA's banette evo ftw! We all know it needs it, and that just looks kick ass.
  4. Hyra

Hyra

Yeah, I just realized I have three from KoA and three from TaB. Let's just say I didn't realize that until I was working on the poll. I chose the art based on its merit, some of the art I didn't realize was by the user until I was posting the poll.

Edit:
    Be greedy and vote for as many as you want, I voted for six. Just don't vote for all ten, as that's pretty pointless.
  5. andersatan

andersatan

Odd I can only see coopers pic...
  6. Adamant_Torterra

Adamant_Torterra

lol wth for some reason the percentages for the poll are wrong
  7. jujuomi

jujuomi

I love the idea of Sanglunaria's

All fighting pokemon are "human shaped" and this one is human shaped, ghostly and I can imagine this thing using shadow punch and cross chop. I don't know, but i like this one best.
  8. MegaMewtwo

MegaMewtwo

How many do we pick?

Also, I seriously don't get why the Banette evo is a choice when it was already decided this was an original Pokemon.
  9. Hyra

Hyra

Because Plusle and Minun don't evolve into Pikachu. Or the large amount of bird and fish Pokemon that are unrelated. Just because two Pokemon look similar does not mean one evolves into the other.
  10. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

I loved DougJustDoug's explanation for the art and the design is unorthodox to say the least.

Also liked KOA's Viking and Sanglunaria's floaty Black Mage :-D
  11. tennisace

tennisace Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

tough choice but DJD's mr.t ghost, KOA's marrionette and TaB's fencer are all my favs.

edit: koa's marrionette looks like it should be a weavile-esque sweeper, not a balanced tank
  12. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Chose KoA mummy because it kicks ass. Would have voted also for his Viking aswell but meh lol
  13. FFMaster

FFMaster

I voted for KoA's puppet and Black Mage(yes i know the pokemon will be a phys fighter)
  14. Goodbar

Goodbar

KoA #3 and TaB #3 both nice, though I much prefer the former and really hope that one wins
  15. trader

trader

Man, why is Doug just Dougs getting the most votes?It looks nothing like a pokemon i like the mummy one and the marrionate one
  16. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

I really have to say this: While DJD has been very helpful to this process, and while he is an amazing artist, his sprite is in no way a Pokemon. It is like a D.C./Marvel Character more so. I just do not see it as a Pokemon. Pokemon are creatures, barring the Human shaped ones, and even the Human shaped ones are far from Humans. DJD's looks exactly like a Human, bar no eyes and legs. Just pointing that out. Don't get me wrong, i like it, but not for Pokemon.

I like TaB's Boxer, KoA's Marionette and Viking the best.
  17. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

It's mostly the fact that it looks soo non-pokemon and soo "badass" that people are attracted to it more than something more pokemon-ish. Same case could be said for Syclant.
  18. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

The marionette one is amazing, even though it screams Bannete Evo. I will vote for the kana one, though. It's simply too amazing.
  19. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

Yeah, well Syclant looked like a Pokemon. I can just picture running into it in the Snow place in D/P. I can't picture DJD's coming up in the Wild. it would be like a trainer rather than a Pokemon.
  20. Miltonic

Miltonic

i voted for the Kana one by tea and blues

it was hard deciding since most of them atleast to me dont look like pokemon at all.
  21. Suburvia

Suburvia

Voted for KoA's viking. Like it the best, and it looks like it could be a Pokemon.

I'd discuss something here, but there isn't much to discuss at this point.

BTW, congratulations, FutureSuperStar, on winning the stat spread vote.
  22. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

.....You know, that's not a bad idea. I can see this Djinn guy being more in control rather then the trainer, hell it could be it's own trainer and fucking battle gym leaders with a few of his sparring buddies lol
  23. Fishin

Fishin
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Not voting yet (still trying to decide which ones I like best), but my favorite so far is easily the Kana one from Tea and Blues. Banette evo one is somewhat nice, but it needs to be saved for a Banette evo, and just from looking at this thing's stats, it clearly isn't one.
  24. GengarCrysis92

GengarCrysis92

That's not what I said....<_<; I said maybe we can send it along with all the other Pokemon and say it is a TRainer that you find on the Routes. Better yet maybe a Gym Leader. Ghost or Psychic leader. Works...
  25. Xênaz

Xênaz

KoA's first Mummy one is the only one that makes me think "Pokémon".. I'd love that one to be picked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)