CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insmonia, Immunity.

I simply chose what I think fit this Pokemon. I'd also like to reinforce that (imo) our goal should be not to make some broken ability, or choose the best ones, just choose the ones that look like they go with a mummy. :) I'm so very much against Sand Veil, we don't need another hax ability. T_T I don't understand at all how Air Lock fits this, and that's a Rayquaza exclusive (exclusives should remain so), so no. Dry skin might be nice... but I kinda like that as another semi-exclusive, and I don't know how a mummy in the rain makes sense, where an amphibian would. Immunity would be useful without being broken, too. Rough Skin is another cool ability that I'd be okay with, but... I don't know, there are more fitting choices. Shed Skin is a cool idea, but that would involve our undead friend taking off his bandages... eww. Synchronize just doesn't make a lot of sense, to me (but it doesn't on any Poke, really... but I guess it'd be more of a Psychic thing than a Ghost one). Snare Trap sounds cool, but what does he wrap with? His bandages? That doesn't make any sense, at all. If that were to be the ability, I think he'd need some extra loops of bandages hanging off from his wrists. But I don't think we need to make a "new ability" all the time. =\ If people feel the need to do that, I think something that makes a Ghost type Curse useful would be good, you know, since he's a mummy with a curse. Insomnia, to me, makes sense on a cursed Mummy, forever doomed to walk the earth (or something malicious... actually, it would be cool if the dex entry was the total opposite :P). I think that OU needs some more Insomniacs ('cause it will almost definitely be OU... let's make a niche UU, guys :( ), and he's still very prone to being WoW'd, taking prediction vs. potential double status sets up a notch. :)

Again, Insomnia and Immunity.

Shed Skin (takes care of both Immunity + Insomnia in one ability)
Snare Trap or Whatever it will be called (this seems like a completely useless ability, but it makes more sense than any other ability mentioned)

Insomnia and Immunity.

Mummies are eternally vigilant tomb guardians, and I think Insomnia represents this well. They're also undead, thus lacking a metabolism to be poisoned.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Air Lock and Rough Skin. Snare Trap is nice, but do we really need it? besides, Air Lock is more useful. Take out TTar with it, stops sandstorm teams cold.

snare trap and shed skin

if it does get shed skin i would like to not get a +50% recovery move making it use rest with shed skin as its only from of self recovery

besides we need a viable OU pokemon that has shed skin :)

anyways any chance this will be a dual ability pokemon?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
thats actually a good idea...Hyra, why not run the top four abilities and then the top two of those become the abilities?

Shed Skin
I could totally see this guy having Bad Dreams as an ability though. If not then Dry Skin.

Snare Trap is a nice concept, but unless his special move is a wrapping move, it's really useless. Air Lock is a rather odd choice, though rough skin is even worse (Scratchy Toilet Paper?) Xd

My vote goes to Immunity and Insomnia (does he get the option of 2 abilities like alot of Pokemon do?)

At first, I was going to vote for Shed Skin and Insomnia, since both of those seem to suit our poke and they're both solid (and underused) abilities. Then I realized that the combonation of those two abilities would make a rest-talk set a bad idea, since with insomnia rest is impossible and with shed skin it's got a 30% chance of recovering from sleep early and using sleep talk while awake. Then again, something else is probably going to win anyways, so...

Shed Skin and Insomnia.

Synchronize and Sand Veil.

Honestly, if this is a mummy, a curse and a desert effect are the only ones that make sense.

Sand Veil and Shed Skin.

Shed Skin would be one kick ass ability to go with the Rest theme, but not necessarily the Rest-Talk. (I think I read somewhere that it would be geared to use Rest [?]) plus it would go nicely with the mummy theme. Sand Veil on a non-Ground/Steel/Rock Pokémon is always awesome and goes with the desert theme for him.

Dry Skin and Air Lock

Dry skin because it gives it something more to switch in and potental non rest based healing if it doesn't get a recovery move and also gives it a weakness to take advantage of and Air lock for a cool ablity thats awesome in the sand heavy OU metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)