CAP 1 Smogon's First "Create a Pokemon": Poll 12

What evolutionary stage will Syclant be at?

• Basic (it doesn't evolve or have pre-evos)

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • Secondary (it has a pre-evo, but doesn't evolve)

Votes: 137 64.9%
  • Final (two pre-evos)

Votes: 46 21.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokedex Entries ahead!:

It lives in high altitude mountain caves. They are often found around MAGCARGO which they cook their food on the backs of.

Syclant are vicious opportunists. The only thing they will not eat is SLUGMA and MAGCARGO which they use to cook their food.

They have an odd afinity for music. When not hunting with their MAGCARGO allies they can be found at rock concerts.

i like that one

Where it specifically described how such behavior was accomplished? Saying "POKEMON eats creatures" is fine, but saying "POKEMON injects small animals with a poison that slowly decays their body from the inside, while POKEMON uses sharp fangs to cut creature into tiny pieces" is not.
A little late but everyone seemed to forget this one: METAGROSS is the result of two METANG achieving fusion. When hunting, this POKEMON pins the prey to the ground under its massive body. It then eats the helpless victim using the large mouth on its stomach.

I like the idea of it cooking food on Magcargo.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I've been looking at some of Erics suggestions and thinking about some stuff I thought up while asleep, and I'm going to post a full Smogon analysys of this Poke in less than an hour. Just have to write it up :)

Gl! Are you going to include damge done to common OU pokes? I know you already did them, but if Smogon adds it, then I think it would be helpful to see what he does.

Sunday

[SET]
name: Mixant
move 1: Blizzard
move 2: Bugg Buzz
move 3: Brick Break
move 4: Substitute / Earth Power
item: Life Orb
ability: Compoundeyes
nature: Naive / Rash
evs: 200 Atk/ 56 Satk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]
Syclant has the ability to tear through many of the most common walls in D/P. Compoundeyes provided Syclant with an extreemly high power 99% accurate STAB in the form of Blizzard. Brick Break deals with Blissey and will 2HKO 90% of the time. Bugg Buzz provedes a strong STAB that deals with many opponents. Substitute can be used if you do not want to risk mispredicting, which will often force Syclant to switch out. Those EV's give you the same Atk as a max Atk and Satk Syclant with the trade off of 10% recoil from every attack, so all of these damage calcs still stand.

If you can't provide Syclant with sufficient Rapid Spin support than it will die extreemly soon with this set, so another option is to use the Mountaneer ability and either run Ice Beam over Blizzard or use Abomasnow's hail to create a 100% Acc Blizzard.

[SET]
name: Swords Ant
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Ice Shard / Ice Punch
move 3: X-Scizzor
move 4: Brick Break / U-Turn
item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
ability: Mountaineer
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]
A full physical version of Syclant. It's attack reaches astronomical levels after a Swords Dance. Ice Shard takes care of anything that thinks it can switch in on the Swords Dance and outspeed for a KO. Ice Punch provides a more reliable Ice STAB.

[SET]
name: SpecsSycle
move 1: Ice Beam / Blizzard
move 3: Super Power / Focus Blast
move 4: Earth Power
item: Choice Specs
ability: Mountaineer / Compoundeyes
nature: +Satk -Def / Timid / Modest
evs: 4 Def / 252 Satk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]
This set has the ability to do massage damage to most of the OU metagame, provided you predict right. If you run the low accuracy Blizzard and Focus Blast then use the Compound Eyes ability with heavy Rapid Spin support, as Syclant wants to ahve the ability to switch in and out freely with this set. If you don't want such a high-maintanance Poke than using Super Power and Ice beam allows you to still dent Blissey and also be immune to SR. Keep in mind that both Super Power and Focus Blast are unable to 2HKO without SR

[Other Options]
Super Power is unable to 1HKO Blissey even with max Atk, so isn't of much note other than on the Choice Specs set. Thunder Fang and Earth Power will 1HKO Gyarados and Heatran respectivly, but don't be tempted to use them on anything that isn't 4x weak as STAB Blizzard or Bugg Buzz will usually do more. Most of the time it's incredibly overpowers STAB's will cover it better than a single attack that hit's Super Effective against a certain Poke. Choice Band and Scarf are also options if you do'nt want to have to set up your Physical sweeper, but Syclant isn't build for repeated switchins. Choice Scarf makes it a decent lead.

[EVs]
Nuetral Natured Syclant with max Atk is never garunteed to 1HKO Blissey with Break Break, but 200 EV's Provide a very reasonable chance and a garunteed KO with SR in play. Any EV's Leftover from your main form of offence should go into Spd. Always make sure that Syclant can survive two switch ins to SR if it must. This means NEVER give it four hp EV's. Either eight or none.

[Opinion]
Syclant can tear through some of D/P's prestiege walls, but is extreemly high maintenance. If you can keep Syclant in good condition then it will be a great asset to your team

[Counters]
Syclant relies on both having extreemly powerful and accurate STAB moves and immunity to SR to survive. Taking either one of these away will weaken it signifigantly. If it is running the Compound Eyes ability then getting down SR and preventing it from being spun away will stop Syclant in it's tracks. If Syclant is using Abomasnow's hail for 100% Acc Blizzard then your own weather changer will hinger it slightly. Tentacruel is a good overall counter, but dies if Syclant is carrying Earth power. Articuno and Mlotres also walls basicly every Syclant set, unless it has Stone Edge. If the Specs set is being run then Blissey is a good counter. Proirity moves, or Pokes that outspeed Syclant can deal very heavy damage to it once they get in.

Ok guys, please help me fix this up a bit, and feel free to make sugestions, help fix my grammer, etc, etc. It's all appreciated.

Sunday

But none do more than the extremly overpowered STAB Blizzard and Bugg Buzz unless they're 4x effective, or the Pokemon has very high Sdef.

STAB Blizzard = 180 Power
2x effective Night Slash = 140 Power
4x effecvite Night Slash = 280 Power

Sunday

>.<
Of course it is. I wasn't thinking strait.

It's not like many Pokes are 4x weak to night slash anyway.

EDIT: Nothing is. Though Stone Edge deserves a mention for taking out other Syclants.

EDIT2: Blizzard is just so dam overpowerd on this guy (not tooooo overpowered mind you), nothing else is really worth using unless it gets STAB or is a Physical fighting attack to take out Blissey.

Bull of Heaven

I guess we don't need the analysis I've been working on. Sunday's is only missing a Choice Band set.

How much do Blizzard, Ice Beam and Bug Buzz do to Tentacruel?

Also, the mixed set should be called Mixyclant

Sunday

Ok, I'll have a look at adding a Choice Band set, but I don't think it really needs it. After a Swords Dance Syclant is incredibly strong, ant it's not like it has coverage issues.

Also is the joke about "Spectical" obvious enough on the "Specsycle" set?

EDIT: yeah I'll work on counters for a bit, Bulky Waters in general, expecially those leaning towards the special side, give Syclant some trouble.

Sunday

He means that it's doubtful that we can get this made, let alone get some kind of "Syclant mod" on Shoddy.

On the topic of that, does anyone here know how to program Pokes into shoddy? if so then we could make our own Shoddy server with said Mod that allows Syclant.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Tentacruel should be mentioned in the Counters section, since it walls any Syclant not carrying Earth Power. Even with Earth Power, Syclant must contend with Tentacruel's prodigious Sp. Defense.

You could also mention Articuno in the Counters, since it completely walls every Syclant set. But nobody uses Articuno, so it's kinda pointless to mention it. OTOH, if Syclant started ripping up the metagame, maybe 'Cuno would get some play. Who used Magneton before SkarmBliss became commonplace?

EDIT: While thinking about the legendary birds, it occurred to me that Moltres walls the shit out of this thing too. And it beats the crap out of Syclant with both of its STAB's. Unfortunately, same as Articuno re: lack of OU play...

What about Metagross? Seeing as afer 1 Agility iirc out speeds it. and Can KO with Meteor mash I think.

This thing would ba a greatlead. Slap a Choice scarf on and watch it hit a crap load of stuff.

Sunday

What about Metagross? Seeing as afer 1 Agility iirc out speeds it. and Can KO with Meteor mash I think.

This thing would ba a greatlead. Slap a Choice scarf on and watch it hit a crap load of stuff.
Bugg Buzz deals with it, and does more to Meta than it does to Bronzong. it's a 2HKO for sure.
Moltres and Articuno get Stone Edged. Also, it needs more CB set.
Noted. Also it has Swords Dance, so I don't see why a CB set is necesary. I'll ad it to options though. Also it's not like it suffers from lack of coverage and needs the estra set over dance. the 4th set is basicly filler!!!

This one pokemon could rewrite the tier list.
Meh. It's really only bumping one or two Pokes up I guess.

[Counters]
Syclant relies on both having extreemly powerful and accurate STAB moves and immunity to SR to survive. Taking either one of these away will weaken it signifigantly. If it is running the Compound Eyes ability then getting down SR and preventing it from being spun away will stop Syclant in it's tracks. If Syclant is using Abomasnow's hail for 100% Acc Blizzard then your own weather changer will hinger it slightly. Tentacruel is a good overall counter, but needs Hp [Electric] to do decent damage and dies if Syclant is carrying Earth power. Articuno and Mlotres also walls basicly every Syclant set, unless it has Stone Edge. If the Specs set is being run then Blissey is a good counter. Proirity moves, or Pokes that outspeed Syclant can deal very heavy damage to it once they get in.
Why does it need HP Electric? Neither Ice nor Bug resists Water, so STAB Surf is definitely going to be far more powerful than the neutral 70 BP HP Electric.

Also, at the start of the "EVs" section, you spelled Neutral Nuteral.

Still, but I like be only one out of 5 people who use Articuno. But anyway Mixant would be a perfect set to use in my team.

[SET]
name: Mixant
move 1: Blizzard
move 3: Brick Break
move 4: Substitute / Earth Power
item: Life Orb
ability: Compoundeyes
nature: Naive / Rash
evs: 200 Atk/ 56 Satk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]
Syclant has the ability to tear through many of the most common walls in D/P. Compoundeyes provided Syclant with an extreemly high power 99% accurate STAB in the form of Blizzard. Brick Break deals with Blissey and will 2HKO 90% of the time. Bugg Buzz provedes a strong STAB that deals with many opponents. Substitute can be used if you do not want to risk mispredicting, which will often force Syclant to switch out. Those EV's give you the same Atk as a max Atk and Satk Syclant with the trade off of 10% recoil from every attack, so all of these damage calcs still stand.

If you can't provide Syclant with sufficient Rapid Spin support than it will die extreemly soon with this set, so another option is to use the Mountaneer ability and either run Ice Beam over Blizzard or use Abomasnow's hail to create a 100% Acc Blizzard.

[SET]
name: Swords Ant
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Ice Shard / Ice Punch
move 3: X-Scizzor
move 4: Brick Break / U-Turn
item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
ability: Mountaineer
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]
A full physical version of Syclant. It's attack reaches astronomical levels after a Swords Dance. Ice Shard takes care of anything that thinks it can switch in on the Swords Dance and outspeed for a KO. Ice Punch provides a more reliable Ice STAB.

[SET]
name: SpecsSycle
move 1: Ice Beam / Blizzard
move 3: Super Power / Focus Blast
move 4: Earth Power
item: Choice Specs
ability: Mountaineer / Compoundeyes
nature: +Satk -Def / Timid / Modest
evs: 4 Def / 252 Satk / 252 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]
This set has the ability to do massage damage to most of the OU metagame, provided you predict right. If you run the low accuracy Blizzard and Focus Blast then use the Compound Eyes ability with heavy Rapid Spin support, as Syclant wants to ahve the ability to switch in and out freely with this set. If you don't want such a high-maintanance Poke than using Super Power and Ice beam allows you to still dent Blissey and also be immune to SR. Keep in mind that both Super Power and Focus Blast are unable to 2HKO without SR

[Other Options]
Super Power is unable to 1HKO Blissey even with max Atk, so isn't of much note other than on the Choice Specs set. Thunder Fang and Earth Power will 1HKO Gyarados and Heatran respectivly, but don't be tempted to use them on anything that isn't 4x weak as STAB Blizzard or Bugg Buzz will usually do more. Most of the time it's incredibly overpowers STAB's will cover it better than a single attack that hit's Super Effective against a certain Poke. Choice Band and Scarf are also options if you do'nt want to have to set up your Physical sweeper, but Syclant isn't build for repeated switchins. Choice Scarf makes it a decent lead.

[EVs]
Nuetral Natured Syclant with max Atk is never garunteed to 1HKO Blissey with Break Break, but 200 EV's Provide a very reasonable chance and a garunteed KO with SR in play. Any EV's Leftover from your main form of offence should go into Spd. Always make sure that Syclant can survive two switch ins to SR if it must. This means NEVER give it four hp EV's. Either eight or none.

[Opinion]
Syclant can tear through some of D/P's prestiege walls, but is extreemly high maintenance. If you can keep Syclant in good condition then it will be a great asset to your team

[Counters]
Syclant relies on both having extreemly powerful and accurate STAB moves and immunity to SR to survive. Taking either one of these away will weaken it signifigantly. If it is running the Compound Eyes ability then getting down SR and preventing it from being spun away will stop Syclant in it's tracks. If Syclant is using Abomasnow's hail for 100% Acc Blizzard then your own weather changer will hinger it slightly. Tentacruel is a good overall counter, but dies if Syclant is carrying Earth power. Articuno and Mlotres also walls basicly every Syclant set, unless it has Stone Edge. If the Specs set is being run then Blissey is a good counter. Proirity moves, or Pokes that outspeed Syclant can deal very heavy damage to it once they get in.

Ok guys, please help me fix this up a bit, and feel free to make sugestions, help fix my grammer, etc, etc. It's all appreciated.
For MIXANT, Infernape Counters w/o Earth Power. Infernape completly [correct me if I'm wrong] destroys Swords Ant. There is nothing is Swords Dance set that counters Infernape. Infernape, to an extent, can dish out at least half of Specsycle's Hp. 1 Mach Punch would be effective there. Earth Power would then OHKO it though. I don't see huge threats to this guy. Typing is effective. Anything that comes in to knock it down with SE hits are countered.

Sunday

Infernape will have an extreemly hard time switching in. I don't even have to run calcs to know that even Blizzard will 1HKO it. (if it doesn't please post the damage calcs here) I already mentioned in counter that anything faster or with a priority move can deal serious damage i it cans witch in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)