1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

[Standard] Lord of the Flies Mafia - The Stranded Win!

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Staraptor Call, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Acklow

Acklow

Never mind. We have reached majority, despite ABT620's item problem. Now all we need is Pidge's vote, and then I'm assuming that we are done.
  2. ABT620

ABT620

Just saying my vote is negative so we should already have majority
  3. Anachronism

Anachronism

Okay, that is majority.

We will give Pidge the opportunity for rebuttal and then we will proceed with the lynch if nothing has changed.

Current vote totals:

Pidge: 4 votes
    Itchni
    Acklow
    Game Freak201
    Fangren

Itchni: -6.5 votes
    ABT620
  4. Acklow

Acklow

That might take quite a while since he is a different time zone (if I stand correct).
  5. Fangren

Fangren

lol @ ABT620 having -6.5 votes.
  6. ABT620

ABT620

Look again, The votes are now Diamonds!
  7. Pidge

Pidge

8. ABT620

ABT620

Yeah but you also killed one of our players if Im not mistaken
  9. Itchni

Itchni

this may sound greedy, but who cares if you win?

I'm not dale so i'm not going to keep any of his promises.
  10. Pidge

Pidge

Well you can't say I didn't try. gg if no votes change.
  11. Anachronism

Anachronism

The rest of the Stranded surrounded Pidge and attacked him from all sides.

Pidge smiled at their pathetic attempt to thwart him. "You can't kill me! I am the embodiment of the evil in all of you! As long as that evil exists I am immortal!"

All at once, the Stranded all realized that the only way for them to remove the embodiment of the evil inside of them was for them to reject it. They began to work together, and forgave Pidge for what he had done.

It was too much for Pidge to handle. Once the evil inside them had left he simply disappeared with a scream, but not before revealing his intentions to all of them:
    The Stranded have eliminated all other threats and have won Lord of the Flies Mafia!

As if fated by the Gods, a ship arrived on the horizon only moments after Pidge disappeared. Now that they were safe, the remaining villagers agreed to show each other their role pms:

Expect a postgame in a couple weeks.
  12. Fangren

Fangren

*coughyouforgotminecough*
  13. Itchni

Itchni

CHEYA BOI!!!!!
  14. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

Good work, my brethren. Had a good time. I'll post actual substantive thoughts in the postgame.
  15. Game Freak201

Game Freak201

Now that I'm not stranded on an island anymore, I can RNG more than just Rattata.
  16. vonFiedler

vonFiedler GAMG GRGAK
    is a Community Contributor

So based on my correspondence with DLE and his final message to StevenSnype, the guy actually trust me a fair bit. And why not, my ability to crap rainbows pretty much ruined Overkill 2 for everyone else. I'll probably never be trusted again. So StevenSnype, why was I so high on your hit list when you knew about Pidge and had BlackHatGuy the very next day anyway? I guess because the village would have had two different Prisoner's Dillema roles, but if you had checked Zorbees you would have noticed that his PD flavor was entirely different from mine.

Anyway, pretty sure Pidge killed me. And I know I blew you off, but seriously? Could we really afford crossfire at the time? You had to figure they'd know you were lying about your role when both mafias were dead and the game wasn't over. If you hadn't killed me, there would be only two Stranded on Day 7.
  17. Steven Snype

Steven Snype
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Nice job villagers, and fuck you Pidge for being a backstabbing bitch, Although if you didn't target vonFiedler. How did he die? o.O

Edit: Reread the role PM

Edit 2: VonFiedler, when DLE was alive and he made the decision to not lynch Pidge, he did it planning to work with him to use him as a vigilante to kill VF. We were literally discussing the situations on IRC, since I claimed hooker to him and the mafia ones were already dead. I wasn't sure whether or not DLE actually sent the PM to Pidge to kill VF, so I sent it to Pidge anyway to make sure, since we didn't expect DLE to die at the end of the day since he told me he bluffed about the bottle of vicodin.

Also, there was a slight fuckup in that I forgot that Itchni would be trustable. In hindsight, Itchni leading would probably have been the better move since a dead rogue can come back to lead anyway. When he claimed Elmer Fudd, I PM'd him, planning to mole out some information from any potential mafia. We both sent the same logs to DLE, so it would've been a good idea to collaborate with him. The only reason I told the villies (mainly TPM, ABT620, and Acklow (the ones that claimed. sorry fangren. :( ) to trust TPM was because he was the only villager that the inspect actually cleaned. Also, I never actually got Pidge's role PM claim to read who was paired with who.
  18. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

My thoughts, for the short time I had in this game. I trusted TIK on d1 blah blah blah. I contacted Pidge and he told me that he was a neutral that had to survive to win, so I thought that I should work with him. We each shared all abilities we gained from our points, (although he told me he killed for 9 instead of 6), but due to the suspicions I has regarding TIK, I didn't tell him I contacted Pidge. When I died I thought Pidge may have been wolf, but I couldn't deadtalk. It was unfortunate that I died early with such an interesting role, but I had hoped that either my partner would be village, or that he would keep me alive so that we could both gain points. I didn't know that he had another way of gaining points.
  19. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

He didn't trust you, vf; we just wanted to use you ^_^

What we didnt know was that you lied about some of your roles, like the rev martyr one. That was how we were actually planning on killing you off.

Although to be fair, I didn't actually REALLY suspect you until pidge gave me his claim. I didn't read through my claims very well, to be honest...
  20. Pidge

Pidge

You were too dangerous to keep alive if I knew you weren't going to work with me (and BHG). I thought you were an idiot and would do some cross-firing of your own. It was very possible for BHG and I to make it far without you, with DLE AND his replacement, StevenSnype, gone. And I told DLE that I would kill you for him, and hopefully his correspondents got that message and see that I stuck to his commands, guaranteeing me until Day 7. Furthermore, I gained 6 points from killing you.

lolumad
  21. Itchni

Itchni

I actually a little disappointed that the only thing that moleing Johann did was to confuse the village, and confirm BHG 100% as mafia.

I felt like i didn't do enough during this game, i guess that the knife was useful but all i really did was cause uneeded confusion, oh well it was a fun game.
  22. ABT620

ABT620

hehe my role was so useless but I did what I could, but I was on vacation early game so couldnt' lead
  23. vonFiedler

vonFiedler GAMG GRGAK
    is a Community Contributor

Well I guess you knew wrong. BHG should have known that I knew who he was, and I knew who you were from Night 0. Not revealing myself to BHG was a big risk, but to win I needed 11 points so I needed to hold that advantage over BHG to get them. I had no way of knowing at the time just how efficient Pidge's killing could be.

Tbh, I really only started paying attention the night I got killed. The mafia really fucked this up, but I figured with my role I was better off alone than most wolves are. But wolves need allies and instead of playing it cool Pidge just had to come up with his 7 night plan that ended exactly like he probably should have seen coming.
  24. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I fucking hate that flavour faker.

If TIK had decided to clean me N0, we could have lynch KOTW D1, since despite what I said about him no longer being 100% confirmed mafia, I intended to get him lynched. He claimed soemthing that was rather obviously a safe claim(Kitsunoh). However, TIk did the dumbest thing ever and claimed PUBLICLY. I mean, I think he was seriously lucky that the mafias had no hooker.

PIty, I had the frikkin' best role for leading IMO(Thief, and that bonus was nice). Unfortunately, HD did not cooperate with me on my plan. I intended to send him to various people, and he had to report if they were mafia. If tehy were mafia, he was supposed to let me steal him back(after informing me about that) and then leak their mates or something. Unfortunately, he lied to me about Millon De Floss, or I could have had him lynched D2. If I hit a villager, he was supposed to be in charge of HD, while I used the LandMaster + Glasses to rack up kills on mafiosos(stealing Glasses back obviously each time).

So in summary, if I had been cleaned N0, and HD had cooperated, this whoel game would have been seriously different.
  25. Johann

Johann

Good game everyone, I personally played well except for 1 or 2 mistakes. In the postgame I'll say what I really felt.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)