US Regional Qualifier - Newark, NJ, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY TTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
im headed to the Newark VGC too. gud thing for me i finished my college finals. now i have three weeks to get ready. if anybody wants any VGC practice, ill be more than happy to help. just give me a week to get settled, for the fact that i just started my vacation and i have to make my teams and decide which one im going to use.

well i was going to go to atlanta but found out i have to go to a wedding that weekend so now im going to newark, which is closer anyway. hope to meet some of you there

i am definitely going to the Newark qualifiers. and in doing so, here is a tip for anybody living in the New York city area.

-- at port authority bus terminal there is a NJ transit bus, called the # 320. if you take that bus, it will leave you in front of the Meadowlands expo center bus stop. pretty convenient huh? if anybody is interested in knowing more information about the 320 bus, PM me you question or concern and i will get back to you as fast as possible.

pookar

Banned deucer.
i might go to this.. but i probably wont because 1. i dont really play pokemon, and i dont have a competing team so if i did go to compete i would need to loot some mons off some people.. 2. i live in ny and ive never driven too far before.. which wouldnt be an immediate issue just some minor jitters.

also i dont know anyone going here except for like 5 people so

Unfortunately, at this moment, CCM will not be attending this event.

I do not have a ride (my last potential ride bailed on me yesterday), so I am not going to be able to go. It sucks, but I'll get over it. Shit happens. I'll just win next year with Gen 5. :)

Anyways, that's that. I won't reveal my team on the off chance that someone can bring me, but I'll probably reveal the team I was going to use in a few days as that seems very unlikely (if you've played me on Pokemon Online, you may have seen the prototype of what it was going to be).

So, with that, good luck to everyone going there. Win it for me. Win it for Smogon.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
i might go to this.. but i probably wont because 1. i dont really play pokemon, and i dont have a competing team so if i did go to compete i would need to loot some mons off some people.. 2. i live in ny and ive never driven too far before.. which wouldnt be an immediate issue just some minor jitters.

also i dont know anyone going here except for like 5 people so
If you do end up deciding to go, send me a PM. I should be able to come up with something for you.

Well, sort of a shining ray of good news.

My mom said she can reschedule her chemotherapy back an hour to meet a family friend to have me in long island the night before the tournament.

So, I would still need a ride, but only from LI to Newark. Anyone passing through LI on the way to VGC?

i'm in massachusetts so this is the closest tournament i can possibly get to. still, not so easy when you have a lady and 9 month old child at home. lol. we have been meaning to make a road trip to New York but i don't know if taking a detour to New Jersey on he day of the tournament would be too selfish of me on a "family outing"

i don't know. what do you guys think. she knows i am into the pokemon series ad like the strategy involved in the competitive play, you think i'm stretching it if i can assume id ever be able to do a tournament a few states away?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ask her? Tell her there's a tournament on the way and if she'd be okay with taking a stop. It's a pretty fun atmosphere so who knows, she might enjoy it.

Plus, the location is pretty much in New York anyways. 20-30 miles away I think. Fairly close.

Or maybe I'm totally off.

Also, CCM30, I may be able to help you out. I'll check the direction I'm going and see if I can't give you a lift. Where on LI will you be? You're already close to Newark being LI, so as long as you're not on the far Eastern side... lol

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't really classify it as a detour, unless you're planning on exiting the tournament really fast, in which case I question why you'd even go. Definitely not the best environment for a 9 month old, either, imo -- lot of noise, probably make the baby cry.. and seriously, nobody wants to have a crying baby there imo.

Thanks for the gesture Darkwatch, but my buddy is actually going to be bringing me, so it's all good. I'll be attending. :)

EDIT: Which means everybody now has to watch the fuck out. Ursaring in the fucking house, baby.

are these tournaments now a yearly thing? if so, maybe i can catch next years tournament? that is, as long as black and white don't make competitive play too ridiculous. i doubt gamefreak / nintendo would do something so drastic that i would stop playing, but who knows, lol

Thanks for the gesture Darkwatch, but my buddy is actually going to be bringing me, so it's all good. I'll be attending. :)

EDIT: Which means everybody now has to watch the fuck out. Ursaring in the fucking house, baby.
I seriously want to see Ursaring make Top 4 this year. Especially due to Normal types being as valuable as they are, plus Ursaring is just awesome.

Another Smogonite is going (me).
Don't think I'll do too well though, I don't really post on the forums, just lurk and battle, well-known smogonites intimidate me.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I had to guess, very few have there team totally ready. I went to Dallas last Saturday, (Top 16!) but the team was only ready the day before.

God, so many people...
Also, word of advice: If you see anyone with this on there shirt, (TDS and Me as of now) try to avoid us early on...if you catch my drift ;)

I'm going straight after you guys. I'll legit follow you guys onto the line and attempt to knock y'all out.

Lol, jk. Good luck...uh...Team Falcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)