VGC '12 United States National - Indianapolis - WON by Cybertron and Wolfey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicksor said:
Edit: My dad is gonna be coming with me to Indy since my parents don't want me going far by myself yet, but my prize only covers me. What the hell do I do?
I thought if you are under 18 and won a travel award, one parent also would get it, but I could be mistaken. I'm sure pokemon.com would say. What I've done in the past is take that week off as vacation so I still get my pay from my job.

If someone else will go with you, you might be able to split cost.

I thought if you are under 18 and won a travel award, one parent also would get it, but I could be mistaken. I'm sure pokemon.com would say. What I've done in the past is take that week off as vacation so I still get my pay from my job.

If someone else will go with you, you might be able to split cost.
I'm 18, so that's the case. Thanks, I think that might work.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
champions dont get dressed up for pokemon sorry guys

I'll go if kindersis goes
When you're in a suit, looking so fly that you can barely keep your feet on the ground, Championships are the last thing on your mind.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

There was suppose to be a pokemon beside me, he took one look at me and just returned to his pokeball. You'd have to be Blaziken in a 3 piece suit to be able to match what i had going on.

I want to buy a new suit this year. If i can buy it before nationals, then prepare for trouble.

Or maybe i'll just rock some fitted Dress shirts all weekend.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

friday, saturday, sunday

all those with some Shades to cover my eyes.

mmmmmmmmmm, delicious

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Red carpet and some truly jazzy outfits.

Also, I'll be teaching Stephanie how to play mons. Luckily they will probably have a decent food selection so she doesn't have to go on a pizza mission.

Speaking of fancy dresswear, if you haven't seen it on Facebook or aren't part of the event, I proposed the idea of a gala dance event called the Poke-Ball on Friday or Saturday of Nationals. If we have enough interest, I think it could be quite fun. Concerns were raised about the large disparity between men and women on Smogon, but reassurances were offered by a few people, so that may not be as big of a problem as originally thought. I know we have at least one DJ here on Smogon that plans to attend Nats, and we will have the entire playing area in the convention center to oursleves, so space will not be a problem.

Speaking of fancy dresswear, if you haven't seen it on Facebook or aren't part of the event, I proposed the idea of a gala dance event called the Poke-Ball on Friday or Saturday of Nationals. If we have enough interest, I think it could be quite fun. Concerns were raised about the large disparity between men and women on Smogon, but reassurances were offered by a few people, so that may not be as big of a problem as originally thought. I know we have at least one DJ here on Smogon that plans to attend Nats, and we will have the entire playing area in the convention center to oursleves, so space will not be a problem.
Lol, that sounds awesome. What would the ages be?

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not going to lie Jesus, those fitted dress shirts look like quite the garment. I might have to get down the gym to pull off the black one. Can only be a worthwhile investment. I'll be rocking some swag for sure..

I'm already excited for this I guess. It'll be even worse when I get out to the states. You guys better make sure this was worth my savings all year!

Lol, that sounds awesome. What would the ages be?
This. Soundz. Amasing. Great chance for peeps to meet each other, we could all chip in for food and that stuff. It's funny cuz in the real you can't start a friendship by discussing EV spreads with a random person. But here anything rolls! Well to an extent, but y'all should get the point

Okay guys, if you wear a suit you have class, not swag. Rolled up jeans is swag.

I'll probably be rocking a suit both Friday and Sunday, Sunday only if I squeeze in top cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)