Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

You want to use the Shiny Egg finder. In RNGReporter, go to Time Finder, Shiny Egg tab, and tick HG/SS. You have to hatch eggs one by one rather than use the Pokétch.

so using that i got this seed-4E100269 Date is may 9 2010 time is 16:21:12 delay-607 frame-5

sorry don't know how to make it smaller so anyways using that I'd set my ds to that time and date and use the correct frame and I should get an egg with the right nature and ability?

Yes. Frame 5 means it will be the fifth egg you pick up. Be warned, though, that if someone 'phones you whilst you're doing it it might mess things up.

Ok, here's an update. I've found that I was still getting the same results even when I knocked out a roamer. So I figured the NPC in Jubilife was the problem. I moved to Sandgem and tried it here. And two times, the frames finally added up to 26, just as they should have. So the problem had to be the NPC. My results never added up until I changed marts. Thanks, Mingot for your suggestion.

P.S.-I would just like to add that I had the wrong seed attached to the clipboard earlier. It should have been 0A140262.

I know the seed, frame, delay, and how many times I need to advance the rng to get a modest flawless pokemon using the j method in dppt. In the instructions, it doesn't specify how to get the pokemon with those qualities. How do I know that when I get the right seed, and everything that the pokemon that appears will be the one that I want? Do you get the delays you want by practicing a lot and guessing?

I have a question concerning the Pikatimer. Are you supposed to synchronize the time while the first timer is running then SR as the first timer counts down to zero? Or are you supposed to have the DS time synchronized beforehand?

which method you want depends on what you're RNGing. What is it? idk about the other stuff, sorry. I don't do wilds. Frames differ between different people.
Hm... Y'know, I hadn't really thought about that part yet. I was more concerned with making sure I understood the method than what I was going to do with it. >_>

Aside from Entei—too late to RNG it since it's already caught—I don't really have a strong Fire-type, which I'll need for the Elite Four if nothing else. Should probably be something that's fairly easy to catch, since I'm just starting out, and I usually lean more toward hitting hard rather than inflicting status. So... how about a Ponyta with a +SpA nature? I'm not going to be too picky right now; I just want to make sure I've got a handle on the whole process.

Since Ponyta is a wild pokemon found in the grass, it is Method 1.

Btw, is there any way to verify a seed before you get your first pokémon? Platinum.

I've began learning how to RNG and I'm trying to breed a shiny Machop. Problem is, it's extremely hard to get a good (adamant, no guard) frame that's reasonable and not >10000. Is there any way to go about getting lower frames? Or is blind luck all that is needed?

Hey, on this tutorial like thing http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4 it says for Giratina-O "When attempting to capture Giratina in the Distortion World, there are some important differences in RNG advancement that should be taken into consideration. Each time the Distortion World map is loaded, the RNG will advance by 11 frames. This is the reason that Giratina appears on frame 12 when you immediately capture it at game start. This would not pose a problem, but most people will end up loading the map twice — once at game start, before verifying their initial seed with coin flips, and again after cancelling the journal to capture Giratina. In this scenario, the RNG would have been advanced 22 times, excluding advances made by journal flips. The simplest way to deal with this anomaly is to consider the starting frame of Giratina to be 23 in cases where you will enter the game world, bring up the journal manually, and then cancel the journal before capture." What does this exactly mean?

I've began learning how to RNG and I'm trying to breed a shiny Machop. Problem is, it's extremely hard to get a good (adamant, no guard) frame that's reasonable and not >10000. Is there any way to go about getting lower frames? Or is blind luck all that is needed?
The only reason why I would see anyone even trying with those frames is if you were SR'ing your game for them. Use the shiny egg finder in RNG Reporter instead. You'll find much lower frames there. (Make sure to check HGSS if you're using that game)

I'm RNG catching a beldum and having trouble with frames.
I want frame 132, seed is 12130fb2 (I have an addy sync)
I verify my seed by catching a pokemon with my sync in second slot (correct me if I'm wrong, but the seed finder assumes you don't have a sync) and when I verify it the pokemon I catch is a beldum on the method 1 frame of 88.
The sparkly patch is 2 turn+steps away, and only 3 patches shake (when i tried a second time I looked closely at the patch above me, I'm sure it didn't shake.)
Therefore, my advancements should be:
132-88-4-8-6=26, so 13 journal flips.
The problem is, the beldum I end up catching is on many method J frames, so I don't know where I messed up. It's adamant 9/28/4/1/20/21
The closest frames for this are: 119, 123, 131, 133.

So there's only one thing that occurred to me as a possibility - how many random NPCs are there on route 228? I only stopped one who is at the northernmost point of the route, right by the exit to the next route, are there any others, or did something else mess me up?

Nvm, I understand how it works with Giratina-O I think. But when I was calibrating for delay I got these results. I know for a fact I don't take over 20 seconds to start my game after a soft Reset... Does it matter that I'm using the Giratina-O to calibrate?
Seconds | Delay
14 | 607
34 | 599
43 | 599
23 | 593 |
22 | 605
42 | 603
22 | 597

So, another random question...your Secret ID, does this change when you restart your game? I just (dumbly) remembered from looking through my PC boxes that I had indeed caught a shiny Kricketune sometime in the last...well, however long it's been since Pearl came out. But of course, the problem is I already caught pretty much all the legendaries in my game, a couple of which I wouldn't mind having shiny (and properly RNGed) versions of. So yeah...does it change when you reset your game and start anew or not?

Okay. Did you attract it on the first try? I was just wondering since feebas isn't included on the list.
No I had many many tries:(
I did it on the fifth time actually and only on my third day and I had to search on every single day of these three days the Feebas Tile first.
I really thought this is my hardest RNG ever.
And I still think so, although my current RNG is killing me too.
Delay 2916 sucks:(

If you think that 2916 sucks, what about my last abuses, with delays ranging from 10.000 to 33.000?
You are a god :P
Really man I have no clue how you hit such delays, and even on a real cart too...
I gotta get there too:D But now I'm kinda motivated... Will try to hit that shitty delay after I'm back from work^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)