Eviolite

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Although this maybe an odd choice given its lack of immunities and resistances that its evolution has but ALL Rock/Grounds have this issue, Onix. It becomes bulkier than Steelix and is faster too. In a Sandstorm it maybe viable.

Onix @ Pre-Evo Stone
Impish
Sturdy
252 Def/126 SpD/126 Atk/4 HP
-Stealth Rock
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
-Toxic
-Earthquake/Protect

Point is to set up SR at least and status and Stone Edge and Earthquake is for STAB so you are not a sitting duck. Switch EQ with Protect if you want to try to get one last turn with Toxic. Again out of the blue but creative.
I thought Onyx too, but Rhydon is bulkier and can use Whirlpool for a Toxic + Whirlpool Combo that may work better than Perish Trap...

Edit:
Afaik, Whirlpool shouldn´t be possible on Rhydon, as you can´t pokeshift Pokemon that know HM moves, right? Or does it work if done like this?: HGSS --> DPPt --> BW
I heard that works but if it doesn't work Toxic Trap is out of the question...

Also, I see alot of BL NFEs and a bulky UU tier

Just beat a DW team using a team with no DW abilities, and with five Miracle of Evolution Pokemon.

I thought Onyx too, but Rhydon is bulkier and can use Whirlpool for a Toxic + Whirlpool Combo that may work better than Perish Trap...
Afaik, Whirlpool shouldn´t be possible on Rhydon, as you can´t pokeshift Pokemon that know HM moves, right? Or does it work if done like this?: HGSS --> DPPt --> BW

Onyx could btw still Phaze with Dragon Tail/Roar like Steelix. Resistances really are an issue tough.

breh

強いだね

Onyx could btw still Phaze with Dragon Tail/Roar like Steelix. Resistances really are an issue tough.
Doesn't matter; Rhydon sucks anyway so Rhyperior is better for this IMO (especially since grip claw is available)

I've actually been trying out Sazandora's pre-evo Jiheddo on my Trick Room team and I really like the results so far. It's monstrous attack stat with Hustle lets it slam a whole through the competition.
This is the set I've been using:
Jiheddo@Miracle of Evolution
Brave 252HP/252ATK/4SpD 0 Spe IV
Outrage
Crunch
Frustration
Head Smash/Thunder Fang/Fire Fang

It reaches 443 ATK with Hustle
Yeah, plus you get to miss every single time you use Head Smash, then TR goes down, then you cry

Has anybody considered this thing on Piloswine, for the lower tiers? With the evo stone it reaches 100/ 120/ 90 base defenses, and along with Thick Fat it can make a great Curser. STAB Priority in Ice Shard, EQ and Icicle Drop are just too good to pass up.

I will definitely be trying it when the tiers straighten out.

Stalleo (Hail Stall) @ Miracle of Evolution
EVs: 252 HP (Divisible by 16) / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Ice Body
Nature: Calm
Moveset

~ Aqua Ring
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Super Fang

Aqua Ring first turn, set up Substitute next. Super Fang negates the need for offensive investments, and with the above spread you have 384 HP, 358 Def, 291 SpD, which is better than Walrein's 414, 306 Def, 225 SpD... Sealeo owns!
Wouldn't the lack of Leftovers really hurt this set's ability to Substitute/Protect stall though?

breh

強いだね
Stalleo (Hail Stall) @ Miracle of Evolution
EVs: 252 HP (Divisible by 16) / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Ability: Ice Body
Nature: Calm
Moveset

~ Aqua Ring
~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Super Fang

Aqua Ring first turn, set up Substitute next. Super Fang negates the need for offensive investments, and with the above spread you have 384 HP, 358 Def, 291 SpD, which is better than Walrein's 414, 306 Def, 225 SpD... Sealeo owns!
Ignoring that it's DW only, Regice is far better for this. Ignoring an arguably crappier typing (well ice sucks in general but oh well), Regice has a far better Special Defence in addition to the ability to actually attack. Blizzard hurts, even off of a modest 100 base, and Thunderbolt provides perfect 2-move coverage (fuck off Lanturn and Magneton).

He means Curse...
No I'm pretty sure TorchicBlaziken said Bulk Up...

Anyway I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Miracle of Evolution Monmen basically outclasses Erufuun because of higher defenses and lower base HP. Loss of attacking stats doesn't matter and imo it's worth the loss of leftovers recovery

Does this item count as stage of boost (as in it just assumes the Poke just used Cosmic Power as it switches in), or does it stack on top of any stat modifiers, like Sandstorm's SpD boost to Rock pokes?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does this item count as stage of boost (as in it just assumes the Poke just used Cosmic Power as it switches in), or does it stack on top of any stat modifiers, like Sandstorm's SpD boost to Rock pokes?
Stacks with everything. Everything that isn't a move works that way, as far as I know.

Well, certain abilities like Speed Boost are using stage boosts, same with Herbivore, Anger Point, etc.

Anyways, not for this item, works like a defense and special defense boost similar to Deep Sea Scale on Clamperl.

No I'm pretty sure TorchicBlaziken said Bulk Up...

Anyway I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Miracle of Evolution Monmen basically outclasses Erufuun because of higher defenses and lower base HP. Loss of attacking stats doesn't matter and imo it's worth the loss of leftovers recovery
Not when Leech Seed is its best recovery.
12 + 6 x 2 = 36% every 2 turns.
12 x 2 = 24% every 2 turns

You lose 1% HP with Monmen,while with Erufuun,you can recover previous damage.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Leech Seed recovery is based on your opponent's HP. Monmen has less HP for similar bulk, so it gets more from any given opponent. Whether that's worth the loss of Leftovers (especially since you now get no recovery against other Grass-types) is debatable, though.

Blissey is better as a wishpasser, as it has higher HP
By an astounding 10 points. Indeed, you do fail to see the bigger picture.

I like the idea of a Duosion with the Evolution Stone. It has the same Special Attack as Reuniclus, and what seems to be the same special movepool. Isn't it odd, though, that the whole Solosis line learns Thunder, but not Thunderbolt?
Two of Reuniclus' big factors are Life Orb and Focus Blast, both of which Evo. Stone Duosion lacks. I can see it being used in lower tiers, maybe, but otherwise no.

Has anyone looked at Bronzor yet? It beats Bronzong by 13 base points in both defenses and only loses 10 base HP (so it has 57/129/129). It could make up for it's pitiful attack stats with Toxic-stalling if something stays in and Level Ground to keep sweepers at bay. It can also set up screens, weather, or Trick Room (obviously). Hypnosis, Safeguard, and Heal Block are at least worth noting too.

It gets completely walled by anything immune to Poison and if something doesn't care about the speed drop it can stay in anyway. So Poison Heal Gliscor, Reuniclus, Skarmory, Nattorei, and Crobat will force switches, but it can definitely come in and absorb basically any hit, and in a lot of cases it can screw over sweepers if they don't switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)