5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Heyyy I have a shiny seed for a stationary pokemon is there certain things i need to do so that its shiny?
first thing you need to find out what PID RNG frame your game will be on... this is done by....

hit your seed, and load the game (you should be in front of your stationary pokemon)

imput your seed into the "gen 5 natures" section (you are using the non-C-gear method right) now catch this pokemon, and check its nature, write it down.

now repeat this method 2-3 times, except save once before catching it the 2nd time, save twice the rd times and three times if you do it a 3rd time.

(also make sure that you hit your seed everytime)

assuming you hit your seed each time, take these 3-4 natures and look for them in natures drop down.

when you see your pattern you'll know the first one is where you game has started.

then you need to see where your shiny frame is from where you started and save x times, until you advance to that frame. alternately you can have a chatot in your party, and put its chatter record to advance a frame instead of saving.

however, the randomness of where your PID RNG frame starts makes shiny RNGing pretty difficult.

note... make you you used the full seed in the nature search.

The closest thing we have right now are my videos. A proper written guide hasn't been done yet to my knowledge.
I've had them queued up for a few days now, but I haven't gotten around to watching them. Thank you so much for making them.

Do your vids cover breeding, too?

first thing you need to find out what PID RNG frame your game will be on... this is done by....

hit your seed, and load the game (you should be in front of your stationary pokemon)

imput your seed into the "gen 5 natures" section (you are using the non-C-gear method right) now catch this pokemon, and check its nature, write it down.

now repeat this method 2-3 times, except save once before catching it the 2nd time, save twice the rd times and three times if you do it a 3rd time.

(also make sure that you hit your seed everytime)

assuming you hit your seed each time, take these 3-4 natures and look for them in natures drop down.

when you see your pattern you'll know the first one is where you game has started.

then you need to see where your shiny frame is from where you started and save x times, until you advance to that frame. alternately you can have a chatot in your party, and put its chatter record to advance a frame instead of saving.

however, the randomness of where your PID RNG frame starts makes shiny RNGing pretty difficult.

note... make you you used the full 16 seed in the nature search.
Do i have to advance to frame 8 and then do the saving each or time or not worry about advaning to frame 8. If i do have to advance to frame 8 what is the best way? Thanks

Do i have to advance to frame 8 and then do the saving each or time or not worry about advaning to frame 8. If i do have to advance to frame 8 what is the best way? Thanks
If you're still talking about a shiny PID that's on frame 8, then you can't hit it ever because your PID automatically advances to somewhere between 40 and 60.

If you're talking about a IV frame of 8 (yes they're two different things in this game, and it's required of you to learn the difference before RNG abusing), then yes, you have to advance to that frame and then do the saving each time. The only two known ways to do that if you're looking for a stationary/wild Pokemon is to either withdraw a Pokemon from your PC and then hope that walking to your target Pokemon doesn't advance your frame any further, or walk exactly 128 steps a total of 7 times with exactly 1 Pokemon in your party. However, both of these can easily cause your PID to advance, so there's no guarantee that the steps that the other poster gave you will even work.

If you're doing this for an egg, then you don't have to advance your IV frame at all, since it starts at 8 already.

Wait, do we have non c-gear now?

And while I'm at it, after taking a break from my Ferroseed attempts, I'm thinking of doing a chain breeding, breeding a new Ferroseed, checking its IVs, and if they have any 31s I need breed w/ the ditto and try again, all the way until I get what I need.

I watched bearsfan's videos (thank you bearsfan!), understand finding my parameters and hitting the right time, but I'm having some issues.
I've calibrated many times now, and have gotten it to work, but when I actually try to catch the Pokemon I'm going for, I keep getting really off IV's. My frame is on 1, I have 3 pokes in my party, and when I start the game I just use sweet scent.
Also, when holding down the button at the start, do I immediately press it after hitting the target time, or do I need to be holding it before I hit it. I think that's what is messing me up, but I'm not sure. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! ^^

for anyone curious about emulator parameters, these were my no$gba results (with the AR code required to load the rom) for a clean pokemon black us rom
this was using "accurate" bios mode rather than "fast", if that makes a difference
vcount: 19
timer0: 360
gxstat: 6
vframe: 7

was easily able to hit various ids from pandora's box

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So people, I want to do something extreme. I'm about to do a lot of PID frame advancements, but I need to know which factors I have to deal with.

I have to do a lot of PID frame advancements, like moving in place, but what else advances my PID frame when I'm turning?

I watched bearsfan's videos (thank you bearsfan!), understand finding my parameters and hitting the right time, but I'm having some issues.
I've calibrated many times now, and have gotten it to work, but when I actually try to catch the Pokemon I'm going for, I keep getting really off IV's. My frame is on 1, I have 3 pokes in my party, and when I start the game I just use sweet scent.
Also, when holding down the button at the start, do I immediately press it after hitting the target time, or do I need to be holding it before I hit it. I think that's what is messing me up, but I'm not sure. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! ^^
Im getting the same problem too, when i tested it on a durant i would always get my desired IVs, but the nature would always be mild. When my synch did work and i did get adamant, it would always be on a boldore with the IVs that werent the desired IVs and every time a boldore showed up it would have the exact same IVs with adamant.

when doing the button press, I want for my target time, then hit A to start the game, then switch to pressing what ever I was supposed to hold, and hold it until the screen turns black, and It works just fine for me...

as for you hitting the wrong seed, its probably just a fluctuation in the Timer0 value... just try again a couple times.

So again, do we have Non C-gear at this point, or are those guys just discussing emulator RNG?
yes, kind of.

the only version right now is an "april fools" version that works perfectly fine, as long as you have the computers date set to april 1st when you open i, after its opened you can change the date back if you wish.

so its currently unavailable if you don't have permission to change the date on your comp, or if your too lazy to do so...

the link was posted a few time on previous pages.

You put the month as May, Zerofocus.

I didnt get results when fixing it, but then again I haven't gotten results with the current version (even with confirmed parameters from before).
My DS clock is also set to May so I'm not sure if that's the problem. Someone said it might be because I'm setting Thundurus' IVs which puts me on frame 2 instead of 1. If this is the case then I guess I just have to catch/KO him but I'd like to get a definite answer before I spend a bunch of time trying to C-Gear RNG it or I don't RNG him at all.

Time to be a little lazy and to ask:

Is someone kind enough to sum me up the process of RNGing a Roamer in B/W with non C-Gear ? I've raped my mind for three days now with breeding, so if there's someone willing to help me I would appreciate a lot ^^.

Thanks by advance, and big thanks to the men (and women?) who made the abuse on B/W possible.

Time to be a little lazy and to ask:

Is someone kind enough to sum me up the process of RNGing a Roamer in B/W with non C-Gear ? I've raped my mind for three days now with breeding, so if there's someone willing to help me I would appreciate a lot ^^.

Thanks by advance, and big thanks to the men (and women?) who made the abuse on B/W possible.
bearsfan092 uploaded some videos on general Non-CGear abuse that are linked in the past couple pages. The roamers are generally the same, except for three things:

1. Their IVs are generated differently from everything else. RNG Reporter has checkboxes that you need to use in order to search for them specifically.

2. You need to hit your seed and do your advancements before exiting the house that triggers their release

3. Their natures can't really be controlled (and not at all Synchronized), so you'll have to get lucky on that.

My DS clock is also set to May so I'm not sure if that's the problem. Someone said it might be because I'm setting Thundurus' IVs which puts me on frame 2 instead of 1. If this is the case then I guess I just have to catch/KO him but I'd like to get a definite answer before I spend a bunch of time trying to C-Gear RNG it or I don't RNG him at all.
Thundurus' IVs are also generated differently than other Pokemon's, so no, it's not going to work for finding your parameters unless you get lucky and hit a spread that's the same either way.(Not even then, actually, as long as the Parameters search is only looking at frame 1.)

when doing the button press, I want for my target time, then hit A to start the game, then switch to pressing what ever I was supposed to hold, and hold it until the screen turns black, and It works just fine for me...

as for you hitting the wrong seed, its probably just a fluctuation in the Timer0 value... just try again a couple times.
Alright, thank you! I have another question...
So I did finally hit the right seed, with the right IV's and all, but it's a Bouffalant instead of the Rufflet I want. Am I going to keep getting Bouffalant? Or do I need to find another seed? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)