5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

When finding my parameters is there a way to run through the opening movie quickly? (I can't press any buttons) Also, am I allowed to touch the touch screen or will that mess it up too?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When finding my parameters is there a way to run through the opening movie quickly? (I can't press any buttons) Also, am I allowed to touch the touch screen or will that mess it up too?
You can use buttons anytime after the first white screen.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Mac users, the initial version of PPRNG (RNG abuse tool for Mac) has been released. See the link in my signature below.

I'm having some issues finding my parameters. I'm following the guide properly. Here's my parameters screen:

Here's what I'm doing:
I wait until the first white screen is gone then I rush through the opening scene. I'm saved on Route 7 inside the Thundurus house. I walk out, watch the cutscene and then walk 4-5 more steps into the grass and catch a wild Pokemon. I check it's IVs and plug them in.

I'm using a retail English Pokemon White with one of the first DS systems.

On the first page of this thread, it says to advance to the frame right before youre target. If my spread is on frame 6, would I advance it to frame 5 by walking 128 steps with 4 pokemon?

On the first page of this thread, it says to advance to the frame right before youre target. If my spread is on frame 6, would I advance it to frame 5 by walking 128 steps with 4 pokemon?
no you would need 5 pokemon in your party then walk 128 steps to get to frame 6

Heyy i was jw is there certain things i need to do to obtain a shiny pokemon using Non C Gear or do i just find a shiny seed and rng as usual ??

Thanks

Anyone tell me how to use the save and check method to abuse for natures. Do i:
1. Set the clock and start the game, save the battle
or
2. Set the clock, start the game, save. then turn it off and set the clock again, and re do the steps .

I'm having some issues finding my parameters. I'm following the guide properly. Here's my parameters screen:

Here's what I'm doing:
I wait until the first white screen is gone then I rush through the opening scene. I'm saved on Route 7 inside the Thundurus house. I walk out, watch the cutscene and then walk 4-5 more steps into the grass and catch a wild Pokemon. I check it's IVs and plug them in.

I'm using a retail English Pokemon White with one of the first DS systems.
I see two possible problems. If you're making Thundurus roam around with that cut scene, it won't be possible to find your parameters. It only works for frame 1. If you're generating Thundurus' IVs, you won't be on frame 1.

Another thing is that you mention "checking IVs." That would mean that you must have an Action Replay in your DS or are using a flashcart. You can't have an Action Replay in, and all of the encryption variables (timer0, VCount, etc.) will be within a different rage for your flashcart.

I see two possible problems. If you're making Thundurus roam around with that cut scene, it won't be possible to find your parameters. It only works for frame 1. If you're generating Thundurus' IVs, you won't be on frame 1.

Another thing is that you mention "checking IVs." That would mean that you must have an Action Replay in your DS or are using a flashcart. You can't have an Action Replay in, and all of the encryption variables (timer0, VCount, etc.) will be within a different rage for your flashcart.
The first one is probably what messes it up. I don't have an AR so by "checking IVs" I mean that I'm going to metalkid's calculator and checking the IVs with rare candies. What do you suggest I do to find my parameters? Should I just KO Thundurus? Should I just catch it without bothering to RNG? I can always try to C-Gear RNG him first but the only seed I have is a delay of 6478 which I always have issues with for some odd reason.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You put the month as May, Zerofocus.

I didnt get results when fixing it, but then again I haven't gotten results with the current version (even with confirmed parameters from before).

Also speaking of flashcarts, just to double check, I play my White via original R4 (w/ Wood 1.27 firmware), so will that mess up my future non C-Gear abuse attempts in it?

You put the month as May, Zerofocus.

I didnt get results when fixing it, but then again I haven't gotten results with the current version (even with confirmed parameters from before).
So if I'm reading this correctly, the current reporter only works if the month is set to April?

Hey guys.

I'm RNGing Volcarona, a stationary Pokemon, doing C-Gear method, and some questions, please;

Do you need to know your SID when you are doing IVs?

Can I just use hard-resetting (turning off the game and start from the DS menu) or is soft-resetting required?

Which delay range is good to hit? Should I always use the first option, or can I pick somewhere else like the middle and last ones? Also, when I catch the Volcarona and look at its IVs via Pokemon Online Teambuilder, (I do the rare candy method; I don't think it matters anyway) it says "No match was found for your IVs."

Thanks. :) And also, I'd like complete and accurate information.

Edit: I'm doing the C-Gear method, btw.
all the guides I've seen (except for one) have said to do it by soft-resetting. I haven't tried it by loading from the menu though, so I don't know.

as for delay ranges, as long as your min is above 1000 you should be good. Though I've heard people say that better IV spreads appear on lower frames more often at higher delays, don't know if this is true or just speculation, I just do my searches between 1600 and 9999 and pick the best IVs I see.

as for the "no match thing" that is because using PO is not the same as an IV calc. sometimes 2 or 3 different IVs (sometimes even more) can result in the same value... so if you just mess with the IVs until the number that appears is the same as yours, chances are you could put it 1 higher, or one lower and gotten the same value. this is even true, occasionally at lvl 100 but in rare cases... (has happened to me once with an HP stat on something)

I recommend using this IV calc http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx

just fill in the nature and characteristic, then after 5 rare candies (butting in the values each level) it almost always knows the exact IVs

alright asking this again cause i didnt get as clear an answer as desired but eh...

im RNGing victini and this time the spread i want is on frame 5. ive saved in front of victini and i have 2 pokemon in my party (im doing c-gear)

so what im wondering is what range of delays do i have to be in? my target delay is 4711 so which delay do i have to hit before that to be able to do my advancements?

How do you check what frame you're on for standard seeds. I'm finally hitting my timer 0 value, but I'm not getting the correct IVs when I do my advancements. Is there any way to reset the step counter?

will the non-fools rng reporter be out by today? because considering i am not admin on my comp, i am kind of fed up with the RNG reporter only working on April 1st

Anyone tell me how to use the save and check method to abuse for natures. Do i:
1. Set the clock and start the game, save the battle
or
2. Set the clock, start the game, save. then turn it off and set the clock again, and re do the steps .
1) set the clock
2) turn the system pack ona nd load to the main menu
3) start the game 1 second before your target time
4)immediately press and hold whatever button you have to press(or don't if its a no press seed)
5) wen it gets to the black screen you can release the button and press A to get to the continue screen
6)continue but don't turn on the C-gear.
7) fight the pokemon, catch it and check its nature.

write down this nature, now, you'll want to re-do steps 1-6 and this time save your game before going to step 7, if its not the nature you like then...

re-do steps 1-6 again, but this time save 2 times before fighting... and etc.

oh and if there is any required walking, yu do this before saving. but I prefer to pick seeds on frame 1, its much faster than having to walk before hand.

inb4 the majority of the last few pages gets sent to Trou Du Cul

alright asking this again cause i didnt get as clear an answer as desired but eh...

im RNGing victini and this time the spread i want is on frame 5. ive saved in front of victini and i have 2 pokemon in my party (im doing c-gear)

so what im wondering is what range of delays do i have to be in? my target delay is 4711 so which delay do i have to hit before that to be able to do my advancements?
If you're talking about calibration, then you can start advancing as soon as your hit delay is as close as you want it to be. In other words, it depends entirely on your own judgment. Of course, you aren't actually going to get the result you want until you hit the exact delay, so the closer the better.

If that still isn't clear enough for you, then stop now and get out of the thread.

you have to hit 4711, anything else and it won't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)