5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is there a good guide anywhere on using PPRNG? I've looked on the first page too, and I can't find anything on it besides the download links.
And I mean for breeding, not Torterra's vid.
Check out Tesseraction's 'Gen V RNG Breeding Guide'. Breeding in PPRNG works the same as in RNG Reporter, only the interface is a bit different. I suggest using the search bar and entering 'PPRNG thread' by chizzu. It will show you many pictures and has many explanations so I figure that can help you.

Okay - so I've been RNGing my Tornadus, and I (think I) just got VERY close to my target... problem is, I don't know how to quite get him. This is what I've recorded so far:

375 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1009.
376 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1007.
377 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1017.
379 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1018.
386 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1020.

My target is frame 1010. When I redid 375 advances, I got the same result. I tried again, but this time gave about a half-second delay before clicking when the text box reading "Whhhhwhhhh!" came up... the resulting PIDRNG frame was 1038. I'm not sure how many wandering NPCs are on Route 7, so I don't know how to use them to try and advance the PIDRNG by just 1 frame (which mostly comes down to sheer luck)... or, if I should just keep trying to click through the dialogue as fast as possible, repeatedly doing 375 advances until by some random luck, get 1010.

Any advice / suggestions?

Okay - so I've been RNGing my Tornadus, and I (think I) just got VERY close to my target... problem is, I don't know how to quite get him. This is what I've recorded so far:

375 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1009.
376 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1007.
377 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1017.
379 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1018.
386 advances gets me PIDRNG frame 1020.

My target is frame 1010. When I redid 375 advances, I got the same result. I tried again, but this time gave about a half-second delay before clicking when the text box reading "Whhhhwhhhh!" came up... the resulting PIDRNG frame was 1038. I'm not sure how many wandering NPCs are on Route 7, so I don't know how to use them to try and advance the PIDRNG by just 1 frame (which mostly comes down to sheer luck)... or, if I should just keep trying to click through the dialogue as fast as possible, repeatedly doing 375 advances until by some random luck, get 1010.

I'd say keep going with 375, and see how it goes

I've been able to RNG and RNG breed quite effectively so far. I have a Shiny Deino and Bagon so far, but one part of shiny breeding still confuses me a bit.

I was reading Tesseraction's Breeding Guide, and don't get the part when you only use 3 IVs in the egg frame to get more results. I tried doing that, and it didn't work. It could have been time0 fluctuation, but I'm not really sure. Both parents I am using have three 31 IVs. The mother has 31 IVs in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. The father has 31 IVs in HP, Attack, and Special Attack.

Could someone tell me how to set this up, just so I know I am doing it right?

Thanks.

I really need help RNGing an Excadrill. The shaking spot on the seed i'm on always gives items, and is in a different place each time, There are no moving NPC's on the floor either, i cant figure out why i'm not getting an Excadrill, or why the shaking spots are in a different place each time.
Anyone?

I've been able to RNG and RNG breed quite effectively so far. I have a Shiny Deino and Bagon so far, but one part of shiny breeding still confuses me a bit.

I was reading Tesseraction's Breeding Guide, and don't get the part when you only use 3 IVs in the egg frame to get more results. I tried doing that, and it didn't work. It could have been time0 fluctuation, but I'm not really sure. Both parents I am using have three 31 IVs. The mother has 31 IVs in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. The father has 31 IVs in HP, Attack, and Special Attack.

Thanks.
Hm, are you using a seed (for frame 8, Method 5, Standard, Gift) that has your desired IV spread on all stats? (I find doing this makes things easier). Then, take that seed, and enter it into RNG Reporter's main window, selecting Breeding (BW). Select the PIDRNG frame you want your baby to be at...

So, for example, say I chose a Shiny frame that reads _ /_ / Fe / Fe /_ / Ma.

This means that whatever IVs the female parent has in Defense and Sp. Attack, it'll be passed onto the baby; the male parent's Speed IVs are also passed on. The remaining 3 blanks will be filled in by your seed's IV spread. So basically, this means you should use parents, in which the female needs the IVs you desire in Def. and Sp. Atk, while the male needs to have your desired IV for Speed (the rest of their IVs in the other stats are irrelevant and will not be passed on).

I always start out by doing this... and THEN I go RNG for the parents (usually catch the female, if possible) with the desired IV spread in all stats.

But do note, because of the presence of a wandering NPC where the DayCare Center is, you could've attained the wrong PIDRNG frame... say, for example, you got a frame whose spread is Fe / Ma /_ / Ma /_ /_ . Those stats' IVs from their respective parents may NOT have the IVs you desire for them to have, yet they'll be passed onto the baby... and this can really cause problems when you're trying to determine your starting frame, for example.

What I do is make a note of both parents IVs exactly, in all stats. That way, when I determine the baby's IVs, I can trace it back to its PIDRNG frame.

For example:
Male parent's IVs: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 31
Female parent's IVs: 0 / 1 / 31 / 31 / 2 / 3
Desired baby's IVs: _ /_ / Fe / Fe /_ / Ma
IV Spread from Time Finder: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

But, my baby came out with the following IVs:
0 / 10 / 31 / 20 / 31 / 31

Because there's at least 3 stats with my desired IVs for them, and I notice some have IVs that belong to the parents, I can assume I correctly hit my seed.

Now, to determine my PIDRNG frame... According to the baby's spread, I can assume the following possible PIDRNG frames:

Fe / Ma /_ / Ma /_ /_... and I'll search for that spread, along with its Nature, among the PIDRNG frames where your expected to be.

Do note, though, that sometimes, it can be difficult to know which IVs may belong to which parents, or if they even belong to the parents if they're the same... For example:

Male parent's IVs: 5 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 25 / 31
Female parent's IVs: 0 / 1 / 31 / 31 / 2 / 3
Desired baby's IVs: _ /_ / Fe / Fe /_ / Ma
IV Spread from Time Finder: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

My baby, however, had the following spread:
0 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31

which, could be any of the following spreads (I included multiple possibilities per stat if applicable):

Fe / Ma or _ / Fe or Ma or _ / Fe or Ma or _ /_ / Ma or _

Just keep in mind there must always be 3 from either / both parents, and 3 must be blanks... (so, it's possible, you could've gotten Fe /_ / Fe / Fe /_ /_, in which no IVs come from the male parents at all... and that's usually the easiest baby spread to work with since you can have a male parent with crappy IVs, just to pass on Egg Moves).

I hope this explanation wasn't too confusing, but helpful... (EDIT) unless I completely overshot answering your question and just misunderstood what you were asking. >.< In that case, sorry for the space-consuming post.

Thanks.
He means that since 3 of the IVs come from the parents, you only need to generate 3 from RNG reporter for the egg. You could generate 4, 5, or 6 from rng reporter, but the IVs that get passed down from the parents will overwrite them. So what you want to do is have RNG take care of 3, while the parents take care of the other 3. This will give you much more possibilities because

If RNG takes all 6, there's only 1 possiblity (6 choose 0 in mathematics). If you RNG takes only 3, there are 6 choose 3 possibilities, or 20 different variations of arranging 3 IVs in 6 slots.

When you use the shiny egg finder, if you enter 31 all for both parents, RNG reporter will search for all those 6 choose 3 combinations that fit your restrictions.

@BlackCharizard: Before you step into the dust cloud, do 1 chatter (or turn but chatters will be better). You'll then change the contents of the item.

He means that since 3 of the IVs come from the parents, you only need to generate 3 from RNG reporter for the egg. You could generate 4, 5, or 6 from rng reporter, but the IVs that get passed down from the parents will overwrite them. So what you want to do is have RNG take care of 3, while the parents take care of the other 3. This will give you much more possibilities because

If RNG takes all 6, there's only 1 possiblity (6 choose 0 in mathematics). If you RNG takes only 3, there are 6 choose 3 possibilities, or 20 different variations of arranging 3 IVs in 6 slots.

When you use the shiny egg finder, if you enter 31 all for both parents, RNG reporter will search for all those 6 choose 3 combinations that fit your restrictions.

@BlackCharizard: Before you step into the dust cloud, do 1 chatter (or turn but chatters will be better). You'll then change the contents of the item.
wait.. so even when i have parents that both have 31/31/31/31/31/31, i should only put out 3 31's?

Errr.... I have a question if you don't mind me asking...

Okay. Here Goes.. I undestand that Fossil pokemon are to be received through the gift method on RNG Reporter. Am i supposed to pull the frames from frame 8 (like eggs? and do they get generated like pokemon eggs?) or do i have to count my steps and advance my frame then engage with the fossil lady? I'm trying to RNG an almost Flawless DW Female Lileep with Recover... but i need to RNG a Female with great iv's first and breed with this Corsola i have at hand. Looking to hearing to somebody's reply. Thanks!

Okay. Here Goes.. I undestand that Fossil pokemon are to be received through the gift method on RNG Reporter. Am i supposed to pull the frames from frame 8 (like eggs? and do they get generated like pokemon eggs?) or do i have to count my steps and advance my frame then engage with the fossil lady? I'm trying to RNG an almost Flawless DW Female Lileep with Recover... but i need to RNG a Female with great iv's first and breed with this Corsola i have at hand. Looking to hearing to somebody's reply. Thanks!
They'll be on frame 8 as you said... but, their IVs come solely from the seed you hit. PIDRNG works like catching a wild Pokemon.

Also, I save right in front of the lady... and I wouldn't do any walking to advances frames, esp. if a wandering NPC is present... If not, you can - just remember to add multiples of your team number to 8, as 8 is the starting IV frame. (for example, with 5 Pkmn on your team, you can take 128 steps and use an IV frame of 13.)

wait.. so even when i have parents that both have 31/31/31/31/31/31, i should only put out 3 31's?
In shiny egg finder, rng reporter will only use the information given. If you leave a box blank, then it'll completely ignore it and any seeds where the parent passes down that IV won't be shown. For example

Mother box: 31/31/31/__/__/__
Farther box:__/__/__/__/20/__

Offspring: 31/31/31/__/31/31

By doing this, rng reporter will only looks for seeds in which the mother passes down all 3 IVs, and it passes down hp/att/def. Since the father has a SpDef of 20, any seeds that come up where the father passes down SpDef will be ignored.

However, you are somewhat limiting your seeds. Because your final result does not depend on SpAtk, you should just put random parent IVs for SpAtk. If the parent passes down SpAtk, it doesn't matter if it's 0~31 because you don't care what it is.

So your box should at best look like

Mother box: 31/31/31/01/__/__
Farther box:__/__/__/02/20/__

The IVs I put there can be whatever. They may or may not be correct, but it doesn't matter. All it tells RNG reporter is "Okay, if this seed has the male/female pass down SpAtk, it will be IV 1, or 2. I only want seeds where SpAtk is 0~31. Okay, this is correct"

So that will possibly produce you more seeds. If a seed came up like

Fe/Fe/__/Ma/__/__

It would not show up in the 1st example, but it would show up in the second example. But that seed fits your criteria, so it would have been bad if it missed it.

In shiny egg finder, rng reporter will only use the information given. If you leave a box blank, then it'll completely ignore it and any seeds where the parent passes down that IV won't be shown. For example

Mother box: 31/31/31/__/__/__
Farther box:__/__/__/__/20/__

By doing this, rng reporter will only looks for seeds in which the mother passes down all 3 IVs, and it passes down hp/att/def. Since the father has a SpDef of 20, any seeds that come up where the father passes down SpDef will be ignored.

However, you are somewhat limiting your seeds. Because your final result does not depend on SpAtk, you should just put random parent IVs for SpAtk. If the parent passes down SpAtk, it doesn't matter if it's 0~31 because you don't care what it is.

So your box should at best look like

Mother box: 31/31/31/01/__/__
Farther box:__/__/__/02/20/__

The IVs I put there can be whatever. They may or may not be correct, but it doesn't matter. All it tells RNG reporter is "Okay, if this seed has the male/female pass down SpAtk, it will be IV 1, or 2. I only want seeds where SpAtk is 0~31. Okay, this is correct"

So that will possibly produce you more seeds. If a seed came up like

Fe/Fe/__/Ma/__/__

It would not show up in the 1st example, but it would show up in the second example. But that seed fits your criteria, so it would have been bad if it missed it.
because im working on a poliwag dw egg, and want hp grass. both parents are straight 31. i see what you're getting at now.. seems like breeding is a little tricky.. until you get it to work for you once.. then you're home free

because im working on a poliwag dw egg, and want hp grass. both parents are straight 31. i see what you're getting at now.. seems like breeding is a little tricky.. until you get it to work for you once.. then you're home free
In that case you will need the IV frame to generate some 30s that don't get written over by inheritance. So fill out time finder with both parents being full 31, then tell it which 30s you want it to generate. It will give you seeds that are right.

Can someone teach me how to RNG for shinies in B/W? I have no idea how to...
Wild: Short answer

Put in your ID/SID + stats for your capture. Click generate and look for nearby shiny frames. Start at that time + advance PID to that frame.

Eggs: Short answer + Overkill way

In shiny egg finder, put all the parameters you want your egg to have. Whatever IVs you give it, put those same IVs for the parents. Search for a frame 55~200 along with ID/SID. Hit generate. You'll now have your time to start the game.

Click "Show inheritance" and it'll show you which IVs come from which parents. Go catch those specific parents. Have them make an egg. Start game at that time, get egg, find which PID frame it relates to. Redo it but do X chatters to advance to the shiny PID frame.

I did this for someone over the weekend. What you should do is see if the poliwag has any IVs that fit the HP grass model you're looking for. If it does, you'll get more seeds. Otherwise, the female can't pass anyhthing down or it'll mess up the egg's IVs. You'll then have to catch a male parent that fits the IVs that rng reporter gives you. I recommend seel in giant chasm as there are no NPCs so you can advance the PID very easily.

Edit: At above, the poliwag I had to make didn't depend on attack, so the person could put "HP_E" to generate more seeds instead of just 30.

You have to use the gift method and the frame is NOT 8 as for eggs (wrong assumption which can be easily made) but it's 1.

so what if i dont want to breed a shiny egg.. and i just want a regular egg with my hp grass ivs on it [the politoed/poliwag]. do i do the same thing? or is it a different method? [i have both parents already, straight 31's. ]

so what if i dont want to breed a shiny egg.. and i just want a regular egg with my hp grass ivs on it [the politoed/poliwag]. do i do the same thing? or is it a different method? [i have both parents already, straight 31's. ]
There's a different method, you can check the breeding guide in my signature for it (it's the "Genetic Method").

However, it's almost easier just to use shiny egg finder and put in a wrong SID.

haha alright.

also, am i the only one who uses a laptop to generate results.. and have it die on them on the daily[hourly].

-snip-

*Sigh* I noticed that problem the first time I tried to RNG Thundurus. Some frames were not hittable. I would be aiming for something like 1814, land on 1812 then do 1 more advancement and end up on 15-30frames higher. I thought it was only due to the rain falling before Thundurus arrived but since you're having the same problem it might be more than that. Try pressing A during the seasons thing when you run outside. The NPCs will be initialized in a different position (which is why I told you not to do it before). It might help you to hit that frame...or it might throw you way off. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to change seed/target frame.

For a Poliwag you probably want this HP grass spread: 31/HP_E/31/30/31/31
If you're using the shiny egg tab you can simply input the parents IVs and search: 31/HP_E/31/30/31/31 and it does all the work for you.

If you're using the capture tab you have to do a lot of the work yourself. You should search: none/HP_E/31/30/31/none or something like that. The important part is to search HP_E for attack and 30 for special attack 'cause your parents don't have those. Let's say you get a seed like 4/18/31/30/31/2. You would need to find a PID frame where HP and Speed are inherited from the parents and either defense or special defense has to be inherited from the parents too because if attack/special attack is the third stat inherited, you won't get the HP grass spread you want. You would need something like Pa/seed/either/seed/either/Pa
Pa = Ma/Fe and either means it could come from either the seed or the parent so as you can see, HP and Speed have to come from the parents and Atk and SpA have to come from the seed.

That's only an example of how to search though. You could search something else, you'd just have to figure out what has to come from the parents and what has to come from the seed.

haha alright.

also, am i the only one who uses a laptop to generate results.. and have it die on them on the daily[hourly].
Utilizing a cheap netbook, I feel your pain XD

Actually that 'enter the wrong SID' is a great idea and just the awnser I actually had been looking for! I don't like shiny durant >>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)