5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay I think I'm getting it but I still need confirmation I'm doing this correctly.

Seed -- C3503C7577BF9FFB
ID -- 42170
SID -- 45080
IVs -- 31/18/30/31/31/31

My initial frame is supposedly 48 + 540 from the rain, so 588.

Went and caught Thundurus, IVs are a match. It's nature is Naughty and characteristic is Mischievous.

I went to RNG reporter and found the first Naughty nature I could find, and it was on frame 588. I switched the PIDs from hex to decimal. I took the decimal form, put it in my windows calculator, clicked mod, then 6. It gave me back "4".

PID (Decimal) -- 3301541890

I took Tesseraction's program inputted everything, typed a PID of ='4' and it came back with "Mischevious", a match.

Am I on the right track or am I doing something so fantastically wrong?

Edit: Keep in mind I haven't confirmed if my initial frame is on 588 but that's how you confirm if that is a potential frame, right?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Okay I think I'm getting it but I still need confirmation I'm doing this correctly.

Seed -- C3503C7577BF9FFB
ID -- 42170
SID -- 45080
IVs -- 31/18/30/31/31/31

My initial frame is supposedly 48 + 540 from the rain, so 588.

Went and caught Thundurus, IVs are a match. It's nature is Naughty and characteristic is Mischievous.

I went to RNG reporter and found the first Naughty nature I could find, and it was on frame 588. I switched the PIDs from hex to decimal. I took the decimal form, put it in my windows calculator, clicked mod, then 6. It gave me back "4".

PID (Decimal) -- 3301541890

I took Tesseraction's program inputted everything, typed a PID of ='4' and it came back with "Mischevious", a match.

Am I on the right track or am I doing something so fantastically wrong?

Edit: Keep in mind I haven't confirmed if my initial frame is on 588 but that's how you confirm if that is a potential frame, right?
I guess that if you didn't do any PID advancements, and you keep getting this result, then you are doing it right. :) Where is your Shiny PID?

Buckert

It's on 767 but a shit nature. I'm just doing it as a test/practice so I actually know what I'm doing before I do the real thing.
Lol. Well, just make sure that when you get yourself another seed, you have to get the same nature every single time, just to be 99% sure on which frame you will start. If you are sure, you can do some chatters inside the house.

I do, it's when I start chatting that's when I get lost. How many increments of chatting did you do when you RNG'ed Thundurus/Tornadus? How long did it take to get right the first time?

Buckert

I do, it's when I start chatting that's when I get lost. How many increments of chatting did you do when you RNG'ed Thundurus/Tornadus? How long did it take to get right the first time?
Well, I knew where I started, but I was not 100% sure. I think I could have started on frame 609~616. Then I knew approximately how many Chatters I had to do. Kept doing between 79 and 86 Chatters, which gave me a Shiny Tornadus after 45 min. :)

Buckert

And you figured out your initial frame how, through the hexagon of characteristics? I'll give it a go and see what happens.
I didn't do anything with the characteristics, I just made a note of which natures I got, then went searching in the RNG Reporter, and then best options for those natures were between PID frame 609 and 616. I wasn't 100% sure which of those was my initial frame, but I just went advancing my PID frame by using Chatter. When I did that once, I found out I got very close to my Shiny PID, which confirmed my starting frame 609~616 was right. :)

Trying to RNG an axew; RNG reporter gives me a starting frame of 48; This seed worked for the last poke I RNG'd on it, and yet when I go into Misaltron cave, I end up with starting seeds all over the place (I had 58, and 60 recently) Does the fact that there's only a small bit of light when I enter effect the initial frame?

Buckert

Trying to RNG an axew; RNG reporter gives me a starting frame of 48; This seed worked for the last poke I RNG'd on it, and yet when I go into Misaltron cave, I end up with starting seeds all over the place (I had 58, and 60 recently) Does the fact that there's only a small bit of light when I enter effect the initial frame?
There are NPC's there. Get yourself to the Trial Chamber, the highest part of the cave.

Deleted User #77065

Banned deucer.
Well, I knew where I started, but I was not 100% sure. I think I could have started on frame 609~616. Then I knew approximately how many Chatters I had to do. Kept doing between 79 and 86 Chatters, which gave me a Shiny Tornadus after 45 min. :)
*edit* Decided to just give up on this stupid thing and go for IVs. What a royal pain.

How do I find my ssf for a stationary/wild pokemon? I know how to do it for breeding but I don't know a way to find the PID or a list of characteristics. I'm using standard abuse.
Can I have an answer please? Also if I already found my parameters for one game, do I need to find them for another if I'm on the same DS?

Can I have an answer please? Also if I already found my parameters for one game, do I need to find them for another if I'm on the same DS?
In RNG reporter there is a button called "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame." That simple.
Yes, as the parameters don't stay with the game. You'll need to recalculate them.

In RNG reporter there is a button called "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame." That simple.
Yes, as the parameters don't stay with the game. You'll need to recalculate them.
No, I mean I'm trying to catch landorus and there are wandering NPC's and I'm trying to find my shifted starting frame like I would on route 3. I already know my initial PID frame but I don't know how to find out how much the WNPC's have moved it because their isn't a characteristics thing like there is for breeding.

No, I mean I'm trying to catch landorus and there are wandering NPC's and I'm trying to find my shifted starting frame like I would on route 3. I already know my initial PID frame but I don't know how to find out how much the WNPC's have moved it because their isn't a characteristics thing like there is for breeding.
Got to catch the Pokemon multiple times and find the pattern, then match it in the PIDRNG seed.

So there's no easy way like for breeding? :( Thanks for the info anyway.
Its actually not that hard. I haven't used the characteristic method for breeding once.

All you need to do is catch it, and figure out its nature. Since landorus doesn't reveal anything new since it only has 1 ability and gender, all you can go on is find nature. Start the game at the right time (make sure you verify that you hit your seed after capturing it, probably best to use the masterball if you still got it) and open the menu immediately. Do 1 chatter, close the menu, and talk landorus asap. This will ensure that the chance an NPC messes you up on future tests will be very low (They would have to turn/move in those split seconds).

Repeat the process but with 2 chatters, 3 chatters, etc. If you don't use a synchronizer, this will be very easy to test. Since you are probably going to use one, switch it out of the lead spot when you got your menu up, so you can figure where your PID frame is starting from. Then when you figure that out, put it to the lead spot for the real thing.

So after a while, you'll get a list of natures. That list will be the same as something in your pid frame list, most likely on frames 50~55. Then once you figure out your starting frame, chatter to your desired frame.

You can really only do this method with a frame 1 spread. Good luck.

Can someone confirm if I'm doing this hexagon right?

IVs: 31/31/25/27/31/26
Caught: Gentle, Often Dozes Off. No advancements, nothing. IVs are a match.
Characteristics:

HP (0) -- Often Dozes Off
Atk (1) -- Likes to Thrash about
Def (2) --
Speed (3) --
Sp. Atk (4) --
Sp. Def (5) -- Somewhat Vain

I'm using Tesseraction's Guide for Babies, which I assume works for roamers too It says:

1. Mark the points of the Hexagon which correspond to the stats which are tied as max on your baby (in most cases, mark the stats which the subway judge says "can't be better.")

My highest are HP, Atk and Sp. Def as seen in the SS, marked with blue.

2. Mark (diferently) the point of the hexagon which corresponds to the remainder of the PID divided by 6.

My PID for the first Gentle I found is 4227998449 (Dec). Plugged it into my calc and got a PID%6 = 1. So I marked 1 (Atk) with a red star.

3. Travel clockwise from your remainder mark until you get to a point which is marked as one of your baby's stats. If a baby had that PID and the IVs you reported, that's the stat which would be mentioned in the characteristic. In our example, even though the index stat is Speed, the characteristic will be defined by HP.

I marked another red star with a directional arrow to Sp. Def (5). The characteristic for Sp. Def should be Somewhat Vain (PID = 2) but the result for this frame is Likes to Thrash About (PID = 1), thus not on this frame.

Am I doing this right? Is there other stuff I should be aware of?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You should give us the seed you are using when asking for help ;)

Sure those are the actual IVs? That can't be the right PID/IVs

How to use Researcher with Roamers and PID%6:

0 Hardy
1 Lonely
2 Brave
3 Adamant
4 Naughty
5 Bold
6 Docile
7 Relaxed
8 Impish
9 Lax
10 Timid
11 Hasty
12 Serious
13 Jolly
14 Naive
15 Modest
16 Mild
17 Quiet
18 Bashful
19 Rash
20 Calm
21 Gentle
22 Sassy
23 Careful
24 Quirky

Export it to CSV and use a filter on the Nature column to get only the natures. Note however the frames are +1 in Researcher :)

I'm breeding a calm munna. I have a international ditto and everstone on the other parent. My inital frame occurding to the rng reporter is 52. However when I took the first egg, I did not get the results on the rng reporter and I know I hit my seed. I didn't get anything close to it and I'm not sure why.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)