5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ok so i reset the timer0 and everything is working but now i'm having trouble with hitting the right frame for my nature there are people in the route and i've gotten very close just battling it from the start because the people have advanced the frame by 5-15 is there anyway to calculate how much they advance it so I can figure out how much i need to? or should i just try and get the timing down?

- Start the game
- Open menu immediately
- chatter once
- close menu to get egg, or sweet scent from menu
- confirm you hit your seed
- see which PID frame you landed on
- Repeat process but do 1+ X chatters to reach appropriate PID frame

i don't know if that will work because even if i mash the A button i hit a different frame each time but right ivs so the NPCs advance it randomly for me it seems. but i will give that a shot

which pokemon are you trying to catch? there are routes without NPC's i sent the list to you
amoonguss/foonguss and yes the one i'm currently on has WNPCs but there are others that don't. thanks though i may just catch it and try my hand at using it for rng breeding because the only thing that seems wrong is the nature
EDIT:does snow advance the frame?
Edit2:how often does a timer0 change because i think mine has again -.-

Can someone explain to me the whole PID%6 thing and how to figure it out? I'm trying to RNG a Shiny Thundurus (using a test seed). I don't understand the hexagon or the terminology behind it.

Pokemon White (English)
Seed -- C3503C7577BF9FFB
ID -- 42170
SID -- 45080
IVs -- 31/18/30/31/31/31

0 Advances -- Naughty; Somewhat Vain [Tried 3 times, consistent]
10 Chatots -- Hardy; Somewhat Vain [Tried it 3 times, consistent]
20 Chatots -- Hardy; Mischevious [Tried it 3 times, consistent]

My best guess from strictly results is that my initial frame is on 656 but I'm not sure.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Also:

I am NOT smashing A when I exit the lady's house, I do it AFTER the seasons change.

There is NO mild/regular rain, it's in the summer.

Deleted User #77065

Banned deucer.
I'm trying to understand the link between roamers and TID/SID abuse. Would TID/SID abuse make getting a shiny roamer easier?

I was told that if I found a seed I liked, I could plug it into Pandora's Box and come up with a TID/SID that would make that seed shiny.

This is what I've done so far:

Following the .pdf guide, I found a Method 5 Standard seed for my IVs, then plugged it into the Method 5 PIDRNG window (Roaming Pokemon, not Wild Pokemon selected) and found the PID/nature and frame I wanted to use.

I then took the Standard seed and the frame of my PID and plugged them into Pandora's Box to generate the TID/SID. I set the max frame to 40, started the game, and got the TID/SID I was looking for.

Now that I have my new TID/SID, I went to the Time Finder and searched Method 5 PIDRNG for a shiny roamer and found one I know I can hit.

Before I start my game over with this new TID/SID combo, I guess I'm wondering how this process makes RNGing a shiny roamer easier, or if it even makes a difference. Did I even attempt the process correctly? Will I still encounter the same trouble of jumping 30+ frames when I get close to my target frame?

ok i'm trying to find a shiny pokemon with specific ivs (in the wild) is there an easier way than going through each month and searching? i've gone through a few years and nothing

keypresses at 3. but other than that and breeding.. no.

also.. i used a impish seed for my egg tangela.. got it shiny and all, at frame 137. i put a gligar and male, and now.. i cant hit the seed.. i hit 136 and 138 even when doing the same amount of chatters as the tangela.

is this normal? i dont understand how before i can hit the frame.. and now.. i cant

I'm trying to understand the link between roamers and TID/SID abuse. Would TID/SID abuse make getting a shiny roamer easier?

I was told that if I found a seed I liked, I could plug it into Pandora's Box and come up with a TID/SID that would make that seed shiny.

This is what I've done so far:

Following the .pdf guide, I found a Method 5 Standard seed for my IVs, then plugged it into the Method 5 PIDRNG window (Roaming Pokemon, not Wild Pokemon selected) and found the PID/nature and frame I wanted to use.

I then took the Standard seed and the frame of my PID and plugged them into Pandora's Box to generate the TID/SID. I set the max frame to 40, started the game, and got the TID/SID I was looking for.

Now that I have my new TID/SID, I went to the Time Finder and searched Method 5 PIDRNG for a shiny roamer and found one I know I can hit.

Before I start my game over with this new TID/SID combo, I guess I'm wondering how this process makes RNGing a shiny roamer easier, or if it even makes a difference. Did I even attempt the process correctly? Will I still encounter the same trouble of jumping 30+ frames when I get close to my target frame?
The only real thing it does is give you the frame + nature your roamer will be on. I asked the same question last page but realized it would be a waste of time.

Take your current ID/SID and try looking up spreads. Like myself, try testing and practicing first before going for the real thing.

Also, you need to aim for a frame at 700+ for your shiny roamer. It's not worth it.

trying for an elgyem and yes i have looked at those and my seed is in the correct encounter slot
EDIT got it i was on the wrong floor -.- maybe i shouldn't rng

Assuming that you mash through the Tornadus/Thundurus cutscene quickly, what would you say is the absolute maximum within reason for the SSF?
with no rain already on the route? 720 MAX.
Actually, I was looking for an estimate of the most that it could possibly be (in any situation) with reasonable button-mashing, which I guess would be if it was already raining and it rained the entire time (rather than snowing) during the cutscene.

Actually, I was looking for an estimate of the most that it could possibly be (in any situation) with reasonable button-mashing, which I guess would be if it was already raining and it rained the entire time (rather than snowing) during the cutscene.
Maximum I've gotten in rain was about 1950. You shouldn't do it in rain on a DS. :/

To people who have done it w/ and w/o C-Gear:
Which method is easier and/or tends to be successful more often?

Missed the desired seed by 1 delay. LOL

To people who have done it w/ and w/o C-Gear:
Which method is easier and/or tends to be successful more often?

Missed the desired seed by 1 delay. LOL
Pretty obvious... want to deal with delay or no delay? (Unless your using a DS phat/lite, then you'll have to use C-Gear)

Does the Timer0 of a game change?
Because yesterday I couldn't hit C7E(Which I could hit till yesterday), I changed it to C7F and I could easily hit seeds on C7F.

Because of that random NPC, you can't reliably manipulate it. You have to rely on luck. Only way to manipulate it with the NPC there is to find a frame 1 spready.
A Frame 1 for PIDRNG? I'm having the same issue that other person is having, but with trying to get an Adamant Tirtouga. I get my IVs correct, but nothing else.

How do I find my ssf for a stationary/wild pokemon? I know how to do it for breeding but I don't know a way to find the PID or a list of characteristics. I'm using standard abuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 36)