Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

@flamestrike, Once again, I claimed flavor with an old man with a crystal ball. How the heck was I to know that that was insane? Looked clean to me. -.-

All of you seem to be going after me because of the presumed unlikeliness of my role. Firstly, one shot question asker is a common role in standard. Normally, they are a 'any time of day' role. Then, let us consider balance. Town had an inspect and a backup. To add another information role would overpower town, so insanity would make sense here.

And it's 6 to lynch, so I'm at l-2, don't lynch until close to deadline please.

I'm sorry but it is very difficult for me to believe that you are village. A one shot question asker? That makes a littles sense, but then to claim that you are insane is really pushing it. Isn't sanity more an inspector sort of thing? And why would you have an action in the day? And why did you decide to claim/reveal your ability now?
One shot question asker is a normal role.
Of course I'm claiming insanity, i got an incorrect result on quag. -.-
One shot question asker is technically a form of inspect...
Because normally one shot question askers have roles in the day?
Because I didn't use the ability until now when I inspected Quag and got a scum result.
lol these questions were stupid.

PEOPLE. A ONE SHOT QUESTION ASKER THAT IS ALLOWED TO ASK DURING THE DAY IS A COMMON ROLE. I'VE HAD IT LIKE 3 TIMES BEFORE ON MS. INSANITY IS NOT BUT CONSIDERING BALANCE IT MAKES SENSE.

Why the bloody hell would I bus on day 1, only to piss all that i've worked for away on a completely pointless gambit? I'm town. -.-
Not going to comment on the rarity of a one shot question asker seeing as I lack the experience to do so, although what are you proving by saying that a one shot question asker is common on another site. Why would you bus kok day 1? Maybe to gain the trust of the village to pull something off like this. Kok had a relatively unimportant role (annoucer I believe). And I apologize for giving you stupid questions, maybe you should answer Flamestrike's concerns instead?

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I think I already did answer flamestrike's concerns.

One shot question asker is a normal role, and an insane one shouldn't be flat out discounted as impossible, especially since we have one in this game. *raises hand*

Look, if I really did bus kok, why the hell would I waste that trust on lynching a vanilla townie? I could have made it to endgame if I were scum. Clearly, I did not bus kok, because doing so makes no sense. I'm village, and didn't pick up from flavor that i could be insane.

Onto instigating the lynch for today: Engineer Pikachu. Contributing absolutely nothing, hiding under flamestrike's umbrella-ella-ella. As far as I'm concerned, he's confirm scum after that post. Before people ask why I defended him the other day, it was because I thought his defense was passable. Then, he follows that up with a mind-blowingly stupid post on the next day where he's just trying to cruise along, not post anything particularly useful, and go for the easy lynch without drawing attention to himself. The only thing I'm feeling sorta antsy about this lynch is that I think he sounds a bit like villy announcer...but no matter, he's earned enough suspicion for this vote.
Lynch Engineer

This isn't another site. Question askers are somewhat common on Smogon as well, but not insane ones, nor instant ones like yours supposedly is. And my point with the flavor is that usually an insane role has something that hints towards the role being insane. Perhaps the idea that the guy is a "fortune-teller" (who are usually unreliable at best) was supposed to be a hint, but I'm still not buying it.

That being said, I do agree with your logic; Engineer's post is pretty suspicious. It could just be a situation of me saying everything he wanted to say, but it still doesn't look good. I'm not too keen on an Engineer lynch right now though; the village still has at least three unrevealed power roles (disregarding Empoof's role, which if it was vig/doctor/announcer would lower the count to two) and if I had to choose between forcing Engineer to claim and risking lynching what is now a vannilager I would go with the latter, especially when the latter is now fairly suspicious. If OD does turn up clean we can trust his scumhunting 100%, and if he turns up mafia then we can look at people who he defended and/or deflected attention from (in particular when pokemaniac kept attacking Hydrattler/Pernicious at one point OD attacked him for it, potentially trying to deflect attention from a mafia teammate). Until then, everything he says becomes tainted by "this could be him as mafia pointing us to lynch a villager".

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is there anything that I need to contribute? My logic is simple. You claimed question asker and pointed to Quagsires as a lynch target. We lynch him and he turns up as village. Then, you say that you realized that you were an insane question asker. Again, I don't have much mafia experience, but what the heck is an "insane question asker" doing in an NOC game? If you think about it, an insane question asker is essentially forcing the village to mislynch twice (once for the mislynch, the second on the instigator), unless I'm missing something about your role. Although I do concede that there was almost no reason for you to bus kok on D1, there's something about your claim that I just don't get.

Onto your other point, which is "Engineer is scum because he agreed with somebody else's reasoning." I think that this speaks for itself.

Orcinus Duo said:
Look, if I really did bus kok, why the hell would I waste that trust on lynching a vanilla townie? I could have made it to endgame if I were scum. Clearly, I did not bus kok, because doing so makes no sense. I'm village, and didn't pick up from flavor that i could be insane.
Perhaps you didn't know that Quagsires was a townie?

I feel like for most of the game OD has tried to use his experience in NOC as a way of controlling the town. He keeps trying to use logic referring to random previous games from a different site as a means of proving his point, when it reality it doesn't prove anything. MS and Smogon are different. Also, he keeps saying "look at how pro-town I was" ... but the goal of a mafian is to look "pro-town" and if he is as good as he thinks he is, it would seem like he would have no trouble looking pro town as a townie.

On top of that he quite suddenly claims he is a one time question asker and the Quags is mafia with no other statement made, utilizing the trust he had gained to get a villager lynched. Then suddenly explaining that he is an insane question asker. This role makes little sense to me for a NOC, and quite honestly I call bull shit. And while admittedly I don't completely understand the bus of KoK, it has been your lynchpin of evidence that you are town. Seems like a damn good way for a mafian to demonstrate how pro-town he is while only losing an announcer.

I will refrain from lynching for now just so the town can get some more discussion, but I will by lynching OD today.

@ Jalmont, I can't point to any examples of AG leading a mislynch, and town hooker is a more believable role than One-shot insane question asker, but AG was scummy for reasons other than that. I believe I covered everything else in your post already.

On the point of OD, I still find it strange mafian behaviour for reasons I've already mentioned, but it is worthy of note that the role is almost exactly what MB claimed to be before he was killed. This could be taken 2 ways. Firstly, it could indicate the role is more common than we're considering, although since we all said MBs role was a bizarre one that seems unlikely. The other way to take it is that OD saw MBs claim, saw that we were initially unwilling to lynch because of it, and decided it would be a convenient fake-claim. So, this makes me more suspicious of OD, but my earlier points still stand in my mind, I'll need to have a think before voting.

Perhaps you didn't know that Quagsires was a townie?
Sorry Engineer, I really don't get what you're saying here at all. If OD is mafia, he knew whether or not Quagsires was villy, no exceptions what with the wolf dead and everything. The only way he wouldn't know if Quagsires was a villy was if he was village, so I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Will be offline till thursday, only have time to post a few stuff in cap and not this game. sorry. will probably post a final read if prompted so don't lynch before that.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think he means that OD might have thought Quagsires had a power role. I'm still not 100% sure, is that what you're trying to say?
Yeah, pretty much, since OD's argument for his lynch on Quags is "If I were mafia I would not purposely mislynch a vanillager; I would've lynched a power role instead." I see two problems with this logic: a) there was almost no way to discern what role Quags had unless they had inspected him already (and then they'd know that lynching him was useless), and b) he could've easily decided to lynch somebody of no significance if they knew who Quags was in order to cast off suspicion in the next day, which is now. Again, all this doesn't necessarily guarantee that OD is mafia, especially when you consider his early actions in the game, but it certainly makes things more confusing.

EDIT: Your argument for you not being scum post-Quagslynch, happy? You know what I meant -__-

Please keep in mind that I have little Mafia experience, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

OD just seems extremely suspicious. From the terribad role post to the hasty accusations of scum (not too many of them correct iirc) and awful logic concerning bussing kok, I simply can not trust him anymore. Given that, depending on the size of the mafia, the village has room for 1-3 more mislynches, I strongly feel that OD needs to go today. Also, if OD is a one-time question asker and he claims to have asked questions about Quags, then he is now only a vanilla townie; if he happens to still be town (I consider this unlikely), then we will have only lost a plain old villager, not a power role. Thus, Lynch Orcinus Duo. If you guys think I'm wrong, then tell me and I'll consider changing my vote; a mislynch certainly would do us no favors.

As for Engineer, I think he also seems untrustworthy. Engineer has been going against the grain by supporting OD. At least, that's my understanding of his posts when he constantly says, "well, that's true, but maybe OD isn't really scum becuase [insert excuse here]. This is something that Enginer would not be too inclined to do unless he was also a Mafiaso trying to protect a teammate. Engineer also did not truly denounce the lynch vote that OD gave for him, which implies that he is mafia and thus has no solid defense. Therefore, he deflected the pressure on him by agreeing with the village. I propose that we give Engineer time to claim his defense against the various accusations against him, and if he does not give a good defense, then he is either A) Killed by the Vig tonight if OD was mafia or B) Inspected tonight if OD was village (if OD comes back village, then we can't really risk having another villager killed, though his suspiciousness of course warrants an inspect). Any thoughts on this plan of action?

Flamestrike/Jalmont/Mythril both seem like good villagers with solid logic, and nothing about them seems scummy. Keep up the great work guys.

I'll try to get to other people later, but based on the posts from this day, those are my feelings so far.

EDIT: Also, this is five votes, so let's get one more for majority and discover some more mafia tonight!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Majority

Final Vote Tally
Orcinus Duo (5): khz, auramaster, Engineer Pikachu, Flamestrike, Kaxtar
Engineer Pikachu (1): Orcinus Duo

You lynch the shit out of Orcinus Duo.
Dear Orcinus Duo,
You are a villager.

Just an average member of Mafiatown, you’re not really anyone extraordinary. However, you will try to help the village as best you can.

You don’t have a night role.

You are allied with the Village.
You win if the Village wins.
Oops.

Night 5 ends in 27 hours.

I still need a sub. No mOre talking.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok I know I'm not playing in this game and haven't posted in like three months but someone has to say this.

Orcinus Duo might be the dumbest user to ever play mafia.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
All actions in

I have to go to school so short update.

Flamestrike died.
Dear Flamestrike,
You are a villager.

Just an average member of Mafiatown, you’re not really anyone extraordinary. However, you will try to help the village as best you can.

You don’t have a night role.

You are allied with the Village.
You win if the Village wins.
Yelling boy:
Well, that lynch was unfortunate. Wish I knew what the hell OD was thinking. Hopefully nobody else attempts to invent new "tactics" to help with this lynch.
Results going out. Day 6 ends in 4 days. Don't talk yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)