5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to RNG the wondercard Victini, but I can't seem to find my initial frame. I've hit my seed several times to get the same Victini with IVs that don't match up in RNG Reporter after copy-pasting the seed and searching for them. What am I doing wrong? I'm not advancing or anything before picking up the Victini, and there aren't any npc's around.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG the wondercard Victini, but I can't seem to find my initial frame. I've hit my seed several times to get the same Victini with IVs that don't match up in RNG Reporter after copy-pasting the seed and searching for them. What am I doing wrong? I'm not advancing or anything before picking up the Victini, and there aren't any npc's around.
Probably hitting the wrong Timer0. Nothing you can do about that except keep trying or look for a different seed.

is there a way to guarentee when and where a shaking spot will appear? I would love to know so i can rng alolomola
There's no way to guarantee when or where, but if you walk about 100 steps you should get one. If you don't get one and you know you hit your seed (by checking IVs), just turn off your game and then turn it back on. Then re save in a different location (you don't have to fly to a different place, just one step could work) and hit your seed again. Just repeat until you get a shaking spot :]

Alright, here is my scenario. I've found my parameters about a bazillion times now and came to the conclusion that my timer0 is always C7C. I've also determined that I will always need to start the game one second earlier.
I generated a bunch of near flawless seeds but whenever I try to hit them, the IVs are all wrong. I hit the exact time -1 and advance my frame by the specified amount using Chatots. I still cant seem to hit the right IV spread. Any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: I'm also not using keypresses. I wait until the castle appears before I start pressing a.
Edit2:I'm after a stationary.
EDIT3:Including pictures of RNG reporter. The one highlighted on the capture screen is the one I'm trying to hit.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Alright, here is my scenario. I've found my parameters about a bazillion times now and came to the conclusion that my timer0 is always C7C. I've also determined that I will always need to start the game one second earlier.
I generated a bunch of near flawless seeds but whenever I try to hit them, the IVs are all wrong. I hit the exact time -1 and advance my frame by the specified amount using Chatots. I still cant seem to hit the right IV spread. Any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: I'm also not using keypresses. I wait until the castle appears before I start pressing a.
Edit2:I'm after a stationary.
EDIT3:Including pictures of RNG reporter. The one highlighted on the capture screen is the one I'm trying to hit.

Chatots only advance the PID frame, you need to advance the IV frame. Fastest way would be to walk 256 steps with 6 Pokémon in your party, but you'll have a much easier time if you look for spreads on IV frame 1.

Chatots only advance the PID frame, you need to advance the IV frame. Fastest way would be to walk 256 steps with 6 Pokémon in your party, but you'll have a much easier time if you look for spreads on IV frame 1.
That explains alot. Is there another way to advance it other than walking? Would using a repel change my frame? Do I start on frame one or frame 0?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You start on frame 1. Be aware that walking in an area where you can encounter wild pokemon advances the PIDRNG by 1 per step regardless if you have Repel or not.

Question about keypresses on a 3DS: does the circle pad have the same effect as using the direction pad? I have a seed with keypresses Up and X and I was wondering if I could hold the circle pad up instead of using the d-pad. It seems easier to me :P

Edit: Also, is there a way to get rid of snow? :/

If not, is there a way to RNG at Dragonspiral Tower during the winter without snow, so that sweet scent will work?

The method to get rid of fog and sandstorm also works for snow! :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Question about keypresses on a 3DS: does the circle pad have the same effect as using the direction pad? I have a seed with keypresses Up and X and I was wondering if I could hold the circle pad up instead of using the d-pad. It seems easier to me :P
I don't know that anyone has tested it, but given that you can play using the circle pad, it's likely to have the same effect. It won't be as accurate, though, especially if you have a diagonal direction.

Quick question, as I seemed to have forgotten:

I successfully RNGed a Adamant Semi-Flawless (wasn't perfect in Sp.Attack) Victini through WonderCard abuse. I'm going for another Victini on my White cart played on a 3DS. If I remember correctly, all Wondercards start out on Frame one right? And if I were to do advancements, what frame would they apply to? The PIDRNG frame or the IVRNG frame?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Quick question, as I seemed to have forgotten:

I successfully RNGed a Adamant Semi-Flawless (wasn't perfect in Sp.Attack) Victini through WonderCard abuse. I'm going for another Victini on my White cart played on a 3DS. If I remember correctly, all Wondercards start out on Frame one right? And if I were to do advancements, what frame would they apply to? The PIDRNG frame or the IVRNG frame?
Wondercards only use the PIDRNG. They start on frame 40-55ish depending on the seed.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
So I have to search a seed that's not on frame 1? Damn I knew I was doing something wrong.
Yeah, that's right.
IIRC, I think wondercard abuse is sort of the same as breeding and everything else, when it comes to starting frames.
And starting PID frames are never at 1 or below 40-something.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I have to search a seed that's not on frame 1? Damn I knew I was doing something wrong.
If you have the True Minimum Frame checkbox checked, it will automatically calculate the first Wondercard frame for any seed. It also replaces the Max Frame box with the Max Frame Offset box, which lets you tell RNG Reporter the maximum number of Chatot calls you'll have to make to hit your spread.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Is there any way to get RNG Reporter to run properly on Linux? I can start it, but it freezes whenever I try to run a Time Finder search. Using RNG Reporter 9.93, Wine 1.3.35, Mono 2.10.8.

Here's everything that shows up in the terminal from when it starts to when I kill the process:
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"configSections" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"sectionGroup" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"section" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"userSettings" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"RNGReporter.Properties.Settings" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"setting" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"value" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"setting" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"value" in state 3
fixme:gdiplus:GdipImageGetFrameCount returning frame count of 1
fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RNGReporter.Objects.IFrameCapture].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RNGReporter.Objects.IFrameCapture].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ResetRows () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnListChanged (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.OnListChanged (System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.ListChangedHandler (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.OnListChanged (System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetBindings (Boolean metadataChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource:ResetBindings (bool)
at RNGReporter.PlatinumTime.UpdateGridCap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIDriverSupport.ExecutionCallback (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RNGReporter.Objects.IFrameCapture].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RNGReporter.Objects.IFrameCapture].System.Collections.IEnumerator.get_Current () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ResetRows () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnListChanged (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.OnListChanged (System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.ListChangedHandler (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.OnListChanged (System.ComponentModel.ListChangedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetBindings (Boolean metadataChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.SetList (IList l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.set_DataSource (System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource:set_DataSource (object)
at RNGReporter.PlatinumTime.ResortGridCap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIDriverSupport.ExecutionCallback (System.Object state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RNGReporter.Objects.IFrameCapture].System.Collections.IEnumerator.get_Current () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.SetList (IList l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.ResetList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource.set_DataSource (System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource:set_DataSource (object)
at RNGReporter.PlatinumTime.ResortGridCap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[RNGReporter.Objects.IFrameCapture].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.DoBinding () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ReBind () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.set_DataSource (System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView:set_DataSource (object)
at RNGReporter.PlatinumTime.buttonCapGenerate_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm attempting to RNG Thundurus in my White.

but because of the weather I can't consistently hit a single frame.

Is there any method that could help with this?

Hello Smogon community,
a friend from a german forum has a problem with the latest rngreporter.
He wanted to search some breeding seeds in version 9.93 and found one result. But in version 9.81 he had found two results with the same settings.
Is it a bug?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello Smogon community,
a friend from a german forum has a problem with the latest rngreporter.
He wanted to search some breeding seeds in version 9.93 and found one result. But in version 9.81 he had found two results with the same settings.
Is it a bug?
Not a bug. Your friend has two results, one male and one female. In the 9.93 screenshot he has it filtered to show only Male Pokemon.

This is going to be complicated, and will need a little guide to make full use of this feature. Both standard seeds and C-Gear seeds are involved.

Long story short, this feature will make it possible to determine how far away you were from your desired nature, so you can adjust your timing accordingly.
Here's the gist of it:

C-Gear seed timing
-> extrapolate backwards to the Standard Seed Time
-> Simple Seed Generator to generate your Standard Seeds according to that Time
-> Find out which one you hit with a Parameter Search at that time (what timer0)
-> This is now the Standard Seed for the method

-> Input the IVs by right clicking the Output and Display Characteristics
-> Shabam, find what you hit, extrapolate the amount of time you should wait.

Be sure to arrange your Entralink Forest so that no other Pokemon are in the areas you pass through (they move and advance the PIDRNG).
*picture*

1.733~ seconds on average per frame advance by the C-Gear (via research thread)
It's been a few days after you guys said this and I'm still stumped onto how to get the matching Standard seed for my C-gear seed to find out how long I need to wait for my desired nature.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Here's the gist of it:

C-Gear seed timing
-> extrapolate backwards to the Standard Seed Time
-> Simple Seed Generator to generate your Standard Seeds according to that Time
-> Find out which one you hit with a Parameter Search at that time (what timer0)
-> This is now the Standard Seed for the method

-> Input the IVs by right clicking the Output and Display Characteristics
-> Shabam, find what you hit, extrapolate the amount of time you should wait.

Be sure to arrange your Entralink Forest so that no other Pokemon are in the areas you pass through (they move and advance the PIDRNG).

1.733~ seconds on average per frame advance by the C-Gear (via research thread)
I hope this will be stickied because most of us want to RNG Entralink pokes with the desired nature while not wasting time so much.

BTW, about the above last statement, do we have to send the others to the deepest clearing? Because it is in the entrance that all pokes are first sent to.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I believe you'll have to send all pokemon except the one you want to the deepest clearing as their movement affects the PIDRNG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)