Those little things we don't talk about...

this is probably going to sound absolutely maniacal, but sometimes i have an enormous urge to drop my shoulder and level those god damn annoying kids running around sidewalks/malls/airports. something like a solid shoulder to shoulder hockey hit that causes the receiver to stop dead in his tracks and fly backwards (preferably with a less painful outcome than instanced in the video...). this is sort of weird because i'm not a violent person in the slightest and i've never physically assaulted anyone in my life. of course i'd never act on it, but very few things irritate me as much as little children running into me as i'm trying to walk in public. please don't judge me i'm a nice boy...

lol good thread though, lots of excellent reads

This is really weird, but sometimes when I look at a girl, I imagine what our child would look like if we had one together (mainly "out of my league pretty" girls). I imagine would her good looks take priority, or would my flaws ruin the baby. Also what color hair, eyes etc.

This is any girl too, whether it be one i've known for 10 years or 10 minutes (minus girls i'm related to obviously).

Everyone has the potential to not look ugly. The only thing that turns people ugly is the fact that they think it. Depression does worse things to your body than genetics ever will.

Sometimes when I'm talking with a group of girls I get an uncontrollable urge to roundhouse kick all of them at once when they inevitably spend their entire conversation talking shit about everyone that isn't there. It's as if they're oblivious to the fact that those people are talking about them, too 9_9.

Whenever i finish watching a TV series or playing a single player game, i get a very empty feeling inside of me, i think of it being close to a "now what" response.

When i'm taking a test, i wind up thinking too fast that my hand can write so i lose some of my train of thought and then zip right to the next question although i quarter finished the previous question. Also when i get the slight feeling when i'm stuck i flip through all of the questions and start to get slightly overwhelmed. The thinking too fast also happens when i'm typing too, so it becomes a slightly incomprehensable mess.

I hate being in groups of 10+ people.

Whenever i see a friend from highschool that i don't see when i'm in college, i don't talk a lot to him. I've very talkative in college and pretty social, but when i'm with highschool friends, i'm quiet and just very much anti-social.

I start tearing up whenever i get overwhelmed by awesomeness, like simon's speech in episode 11 of TTGL, or pure nostalgia, primarily whenever i see and digimon from adventure digivolving to champion.

1. When I'm playing a game, I sometimes wonder how many people in the world are playing it at that moment... sometimes I even wonder how many are in the same level/area at that time. If it's a relatively popular game, I wonder how many of those people have the same hair/eye colour as me, how similar they are in terms of age, height, weight and race, and how similar their life situation is to mine.

2. Whenever I come up with a deep quote or thought, I Google it to see if it's been thought of by someone else.

... I guess these two things are due to my curiosity about how possible it is to be unique when the world and population is so huge.

3. I get what I call "awesome chills" - during a particularly intense/awesome part of a game/movie/song, a sudden cold sensation goes through my body, even if it's really hot. Does anyone else get this?

4. Whenever I see an ugly/weird person, I wonder if they've ever been, or ever will be loved.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That thing when you're playing Smash Bros. with a child and an idiot parent gets in the way of the TV so you pause it. After you continue, the kid keeps pausing literally every second because I paused it.

The weirdest thing is when I took a break from studying for finals to play solitaire. I was stressed and sleep-deprived, and I no longer "knew" how to play. However, I still could. Somehow my brain had no idea what it was looking at but still knew exactly what to do.

The thing where you're playing a video game and some a-hole starts notics you and asks which one (or something else but anyway) and when you ask him if they play they say they beat the whole game and can't remember it and you know their lying.

Real life example at school:
kid: oh hey is that um... pokemon?
Me: yeah do you play it? cause I'm very good at it.
Kid: I"M ONLY THE 20 TIME WORLD CHAMPION!!!
me: -_-

The thing where you're playing a video game and some a-hole starts notics you and asks which one (or something else but anyway) and when you ask him if they play they say they beat the whole game and can't remember it and you know their lying.

Real life example at school:
kid: oh hey is that um... pokemon?
Me: yeah do you play it? cause I'm very good at it.
Kid: I"M ONLY THE 20 TIME WORLD CHAMPION!!!
me: -_-
you bring it upon yourself

Everyone has the potential to not look ugly. The only thing that turns people ugly is the fact that they think it. Depression does worse things to your body than genetics ever will.

ok i dunno about your first statement but im dont think this is right for example i do not think it is ever possible for sarah jessica parker to be attractive

this happens to me every so often. when i start realizing i'm dreaming, i suddenly wake up (but with very blurred senses; just aware that i'm awake) and remain paralyzed on my bed that lasts for about two to five minutes. i instantly panic for feeling extremely vulnerable and make all attempts to move my body, arms, and legs but just somehow couldn't during that duration.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
there is such a thing called sleep paralysis, and while i've never experienced it myself, there was a day where i was napping with an arm up above my head against the pillow, and when i woke up it fell down and was completely unresponsive to my brain. hella asleep!!

sometimes i feel like i muse about the future too much, and take for granted that which i'm fortunate enough to be enjoying in the present. while having big dreams and far-reaching goals can leave me somewhat fuzzily intoxicated, i worry that i could be relishing more in activities and people available to me now, and shouldn't spend so much time living in preparation of the future. even so, i can't help but get excited. the mere potential and curiosity that drives me to day dream leaves me insatiable, and falling asleep is harder just because i'm already jazzed about the next morning. i think the only compromise i can make with myself is focusing on the tasks at hand daily, knowing and regarding their future turn out. after all, it's no fun tipping dominos if you don't start with the very first one.

I feel a huge and irrational attraction towards things with lots of pockets, for example, coats with inside pockets, or backpacks with lots of em'.

Everytime i'm trying to sleep, and I hear the slightest noise downstairs, suddendly I fell an urge to check thoroughly every single room, door and window. Even if it happens 3+ times, i just can' help it.

I can hear television sets that are on standby, and lights. Sometimes, when it's really quiet, I can hear electronics whining, and once I notice my hearing hones in on them and makes the sound seem literally deafening.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I can hear television sets that are on standby, and lights. Sometimes, when it's really quiet, I can hear electronics whining, and once I notice my hearing hones in on them and makes the sound seem literally deafening.
I remember that when I was young. But at 27, even while taking such precautions as wearing ear plugs literally 8 hours a day while at work, I've noticed that I can't hear those high frequencies anymore.

I remember that when I was young. But at 27, even while taking such precautions as wearing ear plugs literally 8 hours a day while at work, I've noticed that I can't hear those high frequencies anymore.
I can hear high frequencies when my ears are blocked by headphones or whatever, so I fear it would only make it worse.

there is such a thing called sleep paralysis, and while i've never experienced it myself, there was a day where i was napping with an arm up above my head against the pillow, and when i woke up it fell down and was completely unresponsive to my brain. hella asleep!!
Interesting read thanks for the link. It doesn't happen to me every night but when it does, it happens over and over until I get up and move around a bit. Sucks when you're really tired.

They made a cell phone ringer that rings that high when I was in school a bit back. It was made where older ears (teachers in this case) couldn't hear the noise but the kids could. It was a sneaky way to text in class (since vibrating still made some noise). I still hear the sounds of mute televisions and such, but not like I used to when I was younger. Just an age thing

me too, maybe its super advanced hearing or too much time on the computer

I can like, hear when my laptop is finished charging. There's a soft whine to it that doesn't happen when I plug it up for the day, so I unplug it and save electricity.

Also, when I run up stairs really fast I can't remember why I was going upstairs in the first place.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Interesting read thanks for the link. It doesn't happen to me every night but when it does, it happens over and over until I get up and move around a bit. Sucks when you're really tired.
Yeah, I experience the same thing. It's some scary shit when it happens the first time!

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Wow, seems like a lot of people have good hearing. I have atrocious hearing frequency range.

Recently, we had a cool science teacher, while another was on maternity leave.

He got his iPhone out, and went on some app called 'Stealth', which makes a really high frequency sound. All, bar about 4 in the entire class (one of which was me) were covering their ears and were like, 'wtf is that' etc. I did not hear it at all, lol, I was completely oblivious. Was quite funny though, laughing at everyone else. However I have had a significant hair-cut since then (when it was over my ears), so that may have been a factor...

Ah well, what I lack in hearing I make up for in sight. My eyes are like the best. I can read things that are far away, while my younger siblings cannot (5-8 age range) haha. People often ask me what things say that are too far away for those blind folks too read. However, it has recently started to decline; probably because of too much exposure to computer screens.

Ah well, life goes on. (And this helped me from not doing my boring science homework. I have to do about 10 pages. I know what to do 'n' stuff, but I really can't be bothered at all.)

The End

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)