ITT we poorly describe popular movie plots and other people try to guess them

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man who is forgotten forgets in return, and ends up right back where he started.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - My wife's favorite movie

I have one that I'm not sure if it pushes the boundaries of "poorly describing" or not. I'm gonna post it anyway.

1. A military officer attempts to rescue the woman of his dreams but is thwarted by criminals at every turn.

2. The protagonist manages to secure entry into a secretive facility and discovers that he is to be the secret ingredient to the product's success.

In an attempt to improve this thread I'm going to maybe help show people how to do this properly.

An innocent man goes to jail for a long long time until he escapes via a hole in the wall that he created.
This is just a synopsis. There is nothing misleading here that would confuse anyone who had seen Shawshank and prevent them from knowing what it is. A better way to describe Shawshank for this thread would be to say, "A young man is stuck living a life he knows to be a lie. After living with an older man, who comes to be his best friend, for many years he disappears in the night with a large sum of money. Years later the older man thinks of his friend and remembers something the younger man said. Later the two men reunite on the coast of the Pacific Ocean."

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
12 Angry Men

Mine:

• A boy almost stops himself from being born.
Not as hard as some of the ones in this thread.
the butterfly effect? or does he succeed in that?

i wanted to guess 12 angry men but i forgot how young the kid was

good shout!

Guy gets out of a Russian prison to stop nuke codes from falling into the wrong hands and utterly destroying the West Coast.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Wikey: Second one is Soylent Green.

- An insignificant bet changes the lives of two completely different people

- A man finds a lost love, cheats death and helps another achieve vengeance

Guy gets out of a Russian prison to stop nuke codes from falling into the wrong hands and utterly destroying the West Coast.
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

Too recent to stump me...

And yeah, the first on of mine was A Beautiful Mind and the last one was 12 Angry Men. I'm hoping no one can get the second one though...

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
2. The protagonist manages to secure entry into a secretive facility and discovers that he is to be the secret ingredient to the product's success.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Here's one:

Chevy Chase and his friend dukes it out with a bunch of women in the bleak of winter.

@comatthew6 below: The Hunt for Red October. That's kinda easy for me, since Russians were in the movie after all...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Guy learns how to summon spirits, fucks up the life of his superior(s), but gets the girl in the end so its all good.

- A man finds a lost love, cheats death and helps another achieve vengeance
Princess Bride?

passengers of a plane mysteriously die until man with a drinking problem lands it

guy almost gets killed by computer and then eventually turns into a fetus

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
guy befriends a victim and questions a practice of his society. guy then stops factory owners from cruel exploitation. guy then manages said factory and does things his way, which becomes a win-win situation for everyone.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wait, no...

Jumper would be "Sociopathic douche abuses powers while comparing himself to superheroes, fights religious strawmen who happen to be right about everything, enters woman's life just to abuse her but only when it would put her life in danger."

Anyway

Man is torn from fiance only to fall in love with someone else like right afterwards, only he doesn't end up with her either. LIVE!

Man takes town corrupt corporation by doing the only thing he knows how to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)