5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Damn, so you have to do it before the Pokemon League . . . guess it's time get it done. Thanks for the input :)
You don't have to, you can just ignore the person who tells to go check out the storm, and keep moving on your journey.

You don't have to, you can just ignore the person who tells to go check out the storm, and keep moving on your journey.
Too late lol...wait by ignore you mean just don't even bother going to check out the storm? Because I already spoke to that NPC telling me about the storm and I saved O_o

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This was spot on. I found a nature pattern right around frame 80. Aimed for a higher Impish frame, compensated by about 13 seconds and nailed it right away. I'll know not to trust the characteristics for now. Thanks for the help! :)
Awesome to hear! And great that my guide was able to help on RNG Reporter!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Too late lol...wait by ignore you mean just don't even bother going to check out the storm? Because I already spoke to that NPC telling me about the storm and I saved O_o
you can still turn around and act like it never happened

As I recall the point of no return is when you enter the house in the storm. Once you save in the house, you have to do your advancements and catch your ideal roamer before you can resume doing anything else. (Now that I think about it, even going near the house triggers a scene where you're brought inside, so stay off route 7 until you're ready to get at this.)
~Uiru

I have a few questions about RNG'ing a Hidden Grotto encounter. I'm trying to get a Vulpix from the Abundant Shrine. I started out by reading this guide:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3473442

Everything in there makes sense, except at the end he mentions "RNG'ing the actual encounter."
-What does he mean by that?

Also, by the looks of it, doing it the way he says doesn't allow for selecting the IVs, so it would only be good for breeding purposes. So, I figured I'd just do it on the main screen of the Time Finder.

-Does that work?
I would use Hidden Grotto encounter type. That brings up more questions.
-What encounter slot am I supposed to use?
-Is there a table I can look at?
In that guide for the other screen, he mentions needing to know which grottos are empty.
-There's nowhere to put it in on the main screen of the time finder, so does it matter? If so, where do I put that information in.
-Once I have all the info in, is this the right steps to RNG the encounter?

-Load up the game with the right time/date/keypresses, in the empty grotto.
-If, for example, my starting PID frame is 50 and my target PID frame is 100, I listen to Chatot 50 times.
-Then, I run 256 (or more) steps inside the grotto to make the grotto regenerate.
-Leave and re-enter, catch Vulpix.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The latest version of RNG reporter has a link to the encounter slots.

For RNGing the actual encounter that's the part where you press A at the Pokémon and encounter it in battle.

Is there a video example or something that demonstrates how to rng Latias in the Dreamyard?
I know the basics of how to rng and this is the only Pokemon im having insane troubles with.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It works exactly like any other stationary Pokémon with WNPCs in the area. Only difference is you replace pressing A with taking the last step to trigger the encounter.

Can anyone help me with Entralink RNG in BW2? I tried to RNG my Tirtouga in my entree forest, but when I hit the right date and time I didn't hit my seed or even an adjacent one. There aren't any other pokemon in the clearing, and I know I didn't advance 128 steps, so the IV frame should stay the same. Do entralink pokemon start on frame 25 or 26? And is it true that it does not require delay to RNG entralink pokemon in BW2?

I really want to get this down so I can RNG a Klang that I plan to get soon.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can anyone help me with Entralink RNG in BW2? I tried to RNG my Tirtouga in my entree forest, but when I hit the right date and time I didn't hit my seed or even an adjacent one. There aren't any other pokemon in the clearing, and I know I didn't advance 128 steps, so the IV frame should stay the same. Do entralink pokemon start on frame 25 or 26? And is it true that it does not require delay to RNG entralink pokemon in BW2?

I really want to get this down so I can RNG a Klang that I plan to get soon.
Frame 25. Did you hit the right Timer0?

Nope, just attempt to hit your time when you load your game. C-Gear seeds no longer exist anyway. It just advances your IV frame to 21, iirc. However, your PID Frame keeps on advancing.

Nope, just attempt to hit your time when you load your game. C-Gear seeds no longer exist anyway. It just advances your IV frame to 21, iirc. However, your PID Frame keeps on advancing.
So would my starting frame for IVs be 21 or 25? I tried 25 in my PPRNG three times and got no results (wrong Timer0; not even any adjacent ones).

I'm not that familiar with PPRNG, but I believe the starting frame is 21. You just have to choose a frame higher since you'll be walking to get close to your Pokemon.

How do I RNG which Pokemon to appear in the hollow? I'm using Hozu's guide, but it somehow is conflicting with the new RNG Reporter. No more frames and Open Hollows option in 96.5

The step counter carries over between saves, so you might be saved near the magic step and advancing even though you aren't walking the full 128.

I activated the C-Gear right when I had control of the game (when I turned it on). I didn't walk any steps until I was in the Entralink.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not that familiar with PPRNG, but I believe the starting frame is 21. You just have to choose a frame higher since you'll be walking to get close to your Pokemon.

How do I RNG which Pokemon to appear in the hollow? I'm using Hozu's guide, but it somehow is conflicting with the new RNG Reporter. No more frames and Open Hollows option in 96.5
I don't use RNG reporter, but it sounds like they changed the Hidden Grotto search method to match PPRNG's. If that's the case, you can follow the method described here.

So the amount of steps I walked before I saved the game last would count towards my advancements when I RNG an entralink pokemon? How does that make sense? (I'm using a retail cart BTW, not an emulator.)
The step counter carries over between saves, so you might be saved near the magic step and advancing even though you aren't walking the full 128.
In other words, it advances every 128 steps, but the current count in that 128 is saved when you save your game. You might save one step away, you might save 100 steps away. Doesn't matter if it's retail cart or emu.

In other words, it advances every 128 steps, but the current count in that 128 is saved when you save your game. You might save one step away, you might save 100 steps away. Doesn't matter if it's retail cart or emu.

When do the steps begin? When I enter an area or something?

Does this apply to BW2 and BW, or just BW? Cause I'm doing this on B2.

When do the steps begin? When I enter an area or something?

Does this apply to BW2 and BW, or just BW? Cause I'm doing this on B2.
The counter begins when you first start your game. You get an advancement every time you walk 128 steps. Of course, it should go without saying that those advancements don't carry over between continues, but the step counter does.

It applies to everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)