5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is it still not possible to breed in Black2/White2? If so, could you link me to a fourm or guide as to how to do it there?

Finally managed to RNG a Klang from my entree forest. Turns out it was the steps that were messing it up; my IV frame was shifted to 26. lol

Now I need help with something else. I'm trying to RNG an Archen from the Nacrene City museum in my Black version 2. I put in IV frame 8, which I assume is what gift pokemon start on, but got no results. Is the IV frame for gift pokemon still 8 in Black 2?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now I need help with something else. I'm trying to RNG an Archen from the Nacrene City museum in my Black version 2. I put in IV frame 8, which I assume is what gift pokemon start on, but got no results. Is the IV frame for gift pokemon still 8 in Black 2?
IV frame was never 8 for gifts, that's only for eggs. Gifts start on frame 1.

How does getting surf/grass spots work exactly? Do you just use a repel, and then move around and hope for a whirlpool to appear before the frame advances after 128 steps or less?

Hello there, back with another question. So, I'm trying to RNG the Uxie that you can get from Nacrene (sp?) city and having difficulties. So I understand that there are several timer0 values that you can get in BW 2, and I calibrated several times and chose the one that was a bit more common than the rest. So far I've only hit the correct IV frame once out of ~20ish attempts. I opt'd to just try and catch one with the right IVs, see which PIDRNG frame it landed on, and then go about trying to get the right one with advances afterwards.

My starting frame says it's 60, but the frame I caught the flawless one on was 84, which I'm assuming is just due to the fact that there are many NPCs in the area. the nearest frame with my desirable Nature is on frame 121, which should theoretically be 37 chatot flips away. That part's easy. My problem is that I haven't been able to hit my right IV frame again since that first time, so I haven't made any progress on zeroing in on my target yet. Is there any way to... hit your time more consistently on these new games? I was able to RNG the Terrakion in Black 2 after 35 or so tries. It was hard to hit the IV frame at first, but after about 25 tries it got easier, and I got my target around try 30 It seems like it's taking longer this time.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello there, back with another question. So, I'm trying to RNG the Uxie that you can get from Nacrene (sp?) city and having difficulties. So I understand that there are several timer0 values that you can get in BW 2, and I calibrated several times and chose the one that was a bit more common than the rest. So far I've only hit the correct IV frame once out of ~20ish attempts. I opt'd to just try and catch one with the right IVs, see which PIDRNG frame it landed on, and then go about trying to get the right one with advances afterwards.

My starting frame says it's 60, but the frame I caught the flawless one on was 84, which I'm assuming is just due to the fact that there are many NPCs in the area. the nearest frame with my desirable Nature is on frame 121, which should theoretically be 37 chatot flips away. That part's easy. My problem is that I haven't been able to hit my right IV frame again since that first time, so I haven't made any progress on zeroing in on my target yet. Is there any way to... hit your time more consistently on these new games? I was able to RNG the Terrakion in Black 2 after 35 or so tries. It was hard to hit the IV frame at first, but after about 25 tries it got easier, and I got my target around try 30 It seems like it's taking longer this time.
I calibrated using eontimer; it usually takes me no more than 5 tries to get the pokemon I want.

I calibrated using eontimer; it usually takes me no more than 5 tries to get the pokemon I want.
5 tries eh? I'm using a DS lite so when I do my callibrations, I just use the clock on the main menu, and enter the game 1 second before my time. On Black 1 that seems to work fine, since there's only 2 Timer0's. For like RNG Breeding or whatever, I also usually get what I want in ~7 tries or so. However, I feel like I'm hitting every single Timer0 IV frame around mine but the one I'm shooting for xD Does this sound like I need to recallibrate, or maybe do I need to download Eon Timer? I'd prefer not to since i have the clock on my system, but I will if it speeds up the process somehow.

Nevermind, got it! It just took a ton of tries. Now my team's 5/6 done! 1 more, and it's one I need to breed so that'll be easy *u*

Has anyone managed to successfully RNG in Misaltron cave in White 2?

Tried to get myself a flawless Adamant Mold Breaker Axew yesterday, so I set my time finder to IV's (Standard Seed) and Wild Pokemon, using encounter slots 5,7,9,11 (which I got from the White 2 encounter slot table).

After getting a seed I liked, I copied it to the main RNG Reporter window, obviously clicking for Gen 5 PIDRNG, and wild Pokemon as the encounter type. I ticked the B/W2 option and calculated my pidrng starting frame, which turned out to be 47.

I then proceeded to find out my shifted starting frame in case of any NPC's, and somehow without any chatters or advancements I ended up on frame 89 (I was sure I hit my seed cause I got a flawless Adamant Boldore). My target frame was 94 (for the aformentioned Axew target).

So I tried the same process again, did 5 chatters (94-89) and I totally whiffed the Axew after hitting the right seed, but instead ending up on a 'supposed' frame 100ish Woobat. I kept doing this process with multiple variants of chatters, to the extent that at one point, after doing like 16 chatters, I ended up on a frame of 437... (the only lonely nature boldore that is anywhere close in the rng reporter results).

So umm... what went wrong?
I'm in the third floor of Misaltron cave (the Guidance chamber), I moved there because floor 1 yielded similar questionable results (at one point I ended up on a frame in the 2k range o.o). I'm using White 2 as I said earlier, and I have managed to RNG a few things on this cartridge (including 2 flawless shinies, so my calibrations should be correct).

Things that I'm not sure about:
I clicked the memory link option in my configuration since I've done this with my friend once or twice before. Is clicking the option necessary?
Also, I'm using version 9.96.1 Beta of the RNG reporter, is it outdated or something? I usually manage to RNG on White 2, but the frames of the main windows never seem to 100% match (for example I had to hit 16 chatters to hit Shiny Terrakion instead of 22, and yes I accounted for NPC's thru trial and error) while also coming across some issues with wondercard abuse (the time finder and main window disagreed by 1 frame).

So yeah, if you've read this far, any help/advice please? :x Its not like me to give up, but this is getting hopeless...
Thanks in advance!

Yes, your RNG Reporter is outdated. Use 9.96.5. Are you hitting your IV seed? If you hit your IV seed, something is throwing you off your PID Frames, which is possibly WNPC movements.

So is the Unova Link Calibration feature still broken in 9.96.5? Does it require an existing save file (or will it once it is working properly)?

Yes, your RNG Reporter is outdated. Use 9.96.5. Are you hitting your IV seed? If you hit your IV seed, something is throwing you off your PID Frames, which is possibly WNPC movements.
I just updated it, filled in all the details again, and I still got the same frames and results :x

also, I just hit my IV seed right now again, and without doing any chatters whatsoever, the first pokemon I encountered was a modest axew with rivarly. This means slot 5 in terms of the encounter table, and ability 0. The only pokemon that matched up with these details is on frame 2222... something is going horribly wrong :x

Post your seed here.

So is the Unova Link Calibration feature still broken in 9.96.5? Does it require an existing save file (or will it once it is working properly)?
I'm pretty sure it's broken (for different reasons than in 9.96.4, mind you), but Slashmolder hasn't said a single word on the subject so I don't know if it's being looked into or if it's being waved off as human error (even though I've made sure that isn't it).

It should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)