Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Just a question; I applied to be whitelisted (I haven't heard anything) yet the server says it's 1.3 when you all are talking about it running 1.4. Am I missing anything or am I just dumb?

Also, yes I know it says in bold that 3.0 is coming and the map is unplayable but you all seem to be playing on it right now ;-;

Ok so i disapeared for a long time off the forums so i thought i should come back. Having realised the last page i read was page number 124 i really dont want to risk a phycological breakdown reading all the posts. From what i have gathered Sal and co have a pretty sick spawn town design that will be like a proper spawn, Not the filth of our last spawn. I am happy with this :D

Just a question; I applied to be whitelisted (I haven't heard anything) yet the server says it's 1.3 when you all are talking about it running 1.4. Am I missing anything or am I just dumb?

Also, yes I know it says in bold that 3.0 is coming and the map is unplayable but you all seem to be playing on it right now ;-;
Not dumb, just a little confused :)

Basically, Smogcraft hasn't been updated for 1.4, which is what tennisace and co are working on. If you've applied to be whitelisted, than somebody will reply to you soon, don't worry. What we're talking about is 1.3 Smogcraft, or 1.4's spawn design.

Not dumb, just a little confused :)

Basically, Smogcraft hasn't been updated for 1.4, which is what tennisace and co are working on. If you've applied to be whitelisted, than somebody will reply to you soon, don't worry. What we're talking about is 1.3 Smogcraft, or 1.4's spawn design.
Okay that makes sense, haha. Thanks. :)

The basic idea here is that at every click a piston will be pushing. It won't matter much unless you have efficency 4 diamond picks but it's still fun to have these sort of crazy things. My normal stone gens used 2 lava and water connectors, this one has 6. I think I could add another 4, with 2 more on the top and bottom each, but that would make this thing much longer than it already is and likely incredibly unnecessary
I have a stone generator that is less cost efficient, but still produces a 100% pick up rate. If you want, I can snapshot the design when I rebuild it on my LP.

I went to Minecon this weekend with Kalibali and had much fun. Met tons of cool people, "famous" youtubers and lots and lots of Steve heads. Got a tweet from Guude thanking us for giving him some water when he was being molested by little kids (it was super hot and smelled of nerd everywhere). Got some photos of the occasion, more on my phone but it's outta battery now, but I will add them tomorrow maybe.

I AM SORRY THEY ARE FREAKING HUGE
AND FOR MY FACE

Guude, Pause, Kurt, DocM and Anders came and sat next to us for the closing ceremony too, and even remembered who we were! I did have to sort of fan boy and wave them over though.. but they did! and that was super cool of them.

Oh yeah, we got
as well which was the main reason to go imo.

I just now got to download the latest Xbox Minecraft update which is awesome. My only complaint is that the seeds were somehow changed so now Dead Mau5 is much cooler but my former favorite Yellowtail Kingfish sucks. Hunger is a pain but it's part of the game. The new mobs like Endermen suck ass but I'm going to keep playing on Peaceful except for when i need Bones or Gunpowder. I haven't played in Creative Mode yet but it seems very helpful. There are new options to toggle when you create a map, some of which are stupid like disallowing fire from spreading and others are pointless like spawning a chest near you containing some supplies. It's nice to have extra stuff to start with but we already get a map upon starting so it's I guess unfair. Also towns have lots of resources but where are the inhabitants?

Also I have a Steve Head but I'll probably try to modify it to fit better and stay secure

I just now got to download the latest Xbox Minecraft update which is awesome. My only complaint is that the seeds were somehow changed so now Dead Mau5 is much cooler but my former favorite Yellowtail Kingfish sucks. Hunger is a pain but it's part of the game. The new mobs like Endermen suck ass but I'm going to keep playing on Peaceful except for when i need Bones or Gunpowder. I haven't played in Creative Mode yet but it seems very helpful. There are new options to toggle when you create a map, some of which are stupid like disallowing fire from spreading and others are pointless like spawning a chest near you containing some supplies. It's nice to have extra stuff to start with but we already get a map upon starting so it's I guess unfair. Also towns have lots of resources but where are the inhabitants?

Also I have a Steve Head but I'll probably try to modify it to fit better and stay secure
The Villagers will be added a bit later, you wait. That version is basically Beta 1.8 for the PC which was released about a year ago. :)

We're going to be throwing up Smogcraft with a closed whitelist to get the outlines of spawn down and hopefully get some buildings up. We'll be opening our doors on Thursday, December 6th at 12 PM noon PST.

A closed whitelist? Do you mean only a select few of the smogcraftians will be allowed on, or the ones from the original smogcraft 1.3?

the people that helped build the blueprints for spawn.

selected by their ability to build aesthetically pleasing things on smogcraft 3.0.

keep in mind if we whitelisted you for said blueprint map and you built nothing that you aren't a part of the spawn project anymore.

keep in mind if we whitelisted you for said blueprint map and you built nothing that you aren't a part of the spawn project anymore.
seems like I didn't understand you correctly when you gave me the IP; I thought it was just so I could get a look at the map and what spawn would be like. Didn't know I was actually allowed to participate in building spawn. :D

Speaking of that, spawn is, from what I have seen, going to be awesome. This map will last long.

edit: 12 pm noon est is 21:00 (pm) for me. Guess I won't get to do that much on the first day. :D

Erm what page is the guideline to apllying to be white listed? Well anyway im aplieing, ive being playing MC since Alpha and am a trusted admin on various servers for diffrent games. Id be on at GMT +0 and would like to build a treetop village- EWOKS FTW!

IGN:Dinorock

white-list

hello my name is payni (in game name: _payni_)
my good friend megad0s send me to this site and i would love it if u would add me to the white list on your minecraft server. :)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know my OP is long but there is a reason for it being so long, so I know you have read it if you want to join!

Here is my last backup of Smogcraft 2.0 which was taken in the final days of the server, hope you all enjoy it!

Will we just use the old Whitelist when the server opens or do we have to whitelist ourselves again?

edit: I'm having a blast flying through smogcraft v2. RIP.

Our dear and beloved smogcracft will be with us again soon. We have been through much, from the early days of Smogon v1, the expanse of the Valley and whatever that other town was, the beauty of lsb. We went to smogon v2 where we had a short lived time where no one really knew what was happening, the latest smogon where we saw towns such as Oho Oasis and Pale pass built, and wonders like the Thursdays Doors and Sal's Domes. What will the new smogon bring us? I am keen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)