League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

thoughts on WCG korea so far (spoilers, will update as I watch the games)

Frost vs. SKT1 G1

frost looked incredibly weak in game 1 with rapidstar completely flubbing level 1 and feeding first blood to faker

shy died for no reason to one of mandu's plants while space gave up a kill in bottom to impact and bengi

faker's leblanc ended up free roaming and frost completely fell apart

Frost vs. SKT1 G2

madlife got thresh and went hard but his team never followed up. shy failed to impress while piglet dominated the game

madlife has huge playmaking ability but faker shut that down with gragas so there was nothing frost could do

overall thoughts: frost didn't field maknoon or gbm and gambled on rapidstar, who looked very weak. madlife is still a great player but got shut down by faker's ultimates in G2 - the rest of frost is lackluster (though helios's lee is good, as always). i would not be surprised to see maknoon or GBM when frost next plays

Ozone vs. Blue G1

it's the imp show, nothing else to say. dade and looper were both underwhelming. imp was only able to do so well because his enemies were vastly inferior laners in terms of mechanics

Ozone vs. Blue G2

very good rumble play from cheonju but an overall messy game. ozone isn't the same team that won champions spring - every lane of theirs lost to their sister team

Ozone vs. Blue G3

absolutely terrible early gank. pre-empts the jarvan E+Q and completely misses zyra, mata flash+flays which was completely unnecessary and then whiffs the death sentences, dandy ends up giving first blood and zyra gets away

people used to call mata the only support in korea who was at madlife's level but those days are clearly over. dandy's reign is also over - hell, the entirety of ozone has just fallen from grace. really weird build from looper - catalyst->merc->twin shadows? no roa until half an hour in?

great play from spirit's aatrox early on until pawn was able to just take over the map on ahri and go 6/0 - messy teamfights, however, let ozone catch up to 10-13 and then 13-16 overall. imp nearly carries his entire team but overall does not seem nearly as comfortable on corki as he does on cait/twitch/vayne

overall thoughts: ozone has regressed to completely relying on imp and that cannot be allowed to happen, especially against a mid laner the caliber of pawn. well played to blue, but they need to work on their bottom lane if they want to seriously threaten SKT

Last edited:

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Fell asleep at like five am watching first game (it was well past over, just loosing team staying in game), then woke up at like 1:30 in the afternoon and got to see the rerun of game two

also lol jebus I don't think you need to spoiler who won.

edit: pooh's zyra makes me really worry about buying her and trying her soloq, I already get enough people bitching at me for accidental auto attack ks..

Last edited:
Frost has been getting weaker and weaker over the summer so I'm not surprised that they lost by a significant margin, especially considering the caliber of opponent they had. Haven't had the chance to watch any games though =[

Lavos

Banned deucer.
shy and rapidstar look pretty bad, they've certainly been getting weaker relative to their opponents but i wouldn't go so far as to say the rest of cj frost is getting worse. helios actually looks better than he did in regionals, space's ezreal is as good as ever, and madlife is still madlife.

ozone looks like shit and blue looks ok but not skt/ktb level

@VKCA zyra is pretty op atm, at lv6 with a corki/vayne/ezreal as lane partner if you land a root it's guaranteed kill. and her pre 6 lane harass is ridiculous especially when you can get away with starting faerie charm in soloq.

Maybe I should pay attention to a few more NA games. Watching quas play was a huge eye opener. He is: true talent, something I can only say to maybe 2 other players in NA's history.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
rapidstar has been getting dumpstered for a while (rip) and skt1 is currently the best team in the world so of course they are going to dumpster frost, but that was yesterday so bleh

Maybe I should pay attention to a few more NA games. Watching quas play was a huge eye opener. He is: true talent, something I can only say to maybe 2 other players in NA's history.
FABBY best mechanics NA.

watching this CJ blaze vs Najin sword vod. should be good

Last edited:

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
what are some good twitch streams and youtube channels to watch to stay up on the competitive scene? also is there a a site for LoL similar to how smogon is for pokemon or does shit just happnen on their official forums

what are some good twitch streams and youtube channels to watch to stay up on the competitive scene? also is there a a site for LoL similar to how smogon is for pokemon or does shit just happnen on their official forums
most streamers (who you can find on the league of legends portal on twitch.tv) stream well into the early hours of the morning, while korean competitive events typically start at around 5:00-6:00 AM EST

the closest thing to smogon for the LoL scene is probably the league of legends subreddit tbh

other quality websites that put out good content are teamliquid (where thorns writes), esports central (where I write), cloth5, gosugamers, and many many more - but these are almost entirely esports related and are not noob-friendly

if you are learning the game still and want to find an instructive streamer, i highly recommend voyboy or scarra

youtube user fiss mortune also regularly uploads full games from popular streamers to youtube and can be watched whenever

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
EVERYONE spends money on this game. even people like quagsires who try and resist spending money see the incoming limited skin sale and say "aw darn it." then the wallet opens.

LEAGUE SO FREE. SOOOOO FREE. I have only ever spent RP on skins and nothing that actually impacts the ingame or any champs so for me it is free to PLAY just not free to fully enjoy with my pretty skins x.x

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've never spent (my own) money on this game, though I did get Midou to pay for Uncle Ryze/Little Knight Amumu in exchange for a mafia spreadsheet for a game I wasn't playing in.

And I've played about four thousand games.

the closest thing to smogon for the LoL scene is probably the league of legends subreddit tbh
if by that you mean they're both shitty cesspools that used to be quality until they got invaded by mouthbreathing white people then yeah

anyway i'm really looking forward to the outcome of the ogn winter qualifiers. two teams that you should look forward to are skt t1 2 (super stacked team) and apdo's team

Last edited:
samsung blue just 2-0d skt t1

every time a samsung/mvp team has won a pre-season tournament, they have gone on to win the following season. see MVP winning club masters then champions spring.

keep your eyes peeled, i've said samsung blue are a top 5 team before but they are looking more and more like the best right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)