The Workshop

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

I'd like to request a banner for an upcoming Smogon Mafia game which is themed to be a battle between Pokemon from different tiers. Anything depicting conflict between a bunch of different mons would be great!

Ideally if I could get it by this weekend that would be amazing, but really any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
hi, I'd like to request a piece of art for the PU Underdog Project. it's a project which focuses on underrated pokemon in the tier, so furfrou / glaceon / munchlax. this is what i'd like it to look like

Sobi: it's a PU underdog project which focuses on underrated pokemon in the tier. i'm kinda thinking of a spotlight on those underrated pokemon, and overrated pokemon in the dark

so yeah, the request can be tweaked a bit to your liking. thanks in advance :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Updated the first post of this thread, been a while since they piled up like this @_@;;

This is also the time when I took a closer look at the following request, and I'm afraid I have some objections to it:
Requesting a piece for the XY index that will soon be onsite - could be something a bit busy like the piece found here or something more simple like the piece found here. Only requirement I guess would be that it has to be a Gen 6 Pokemon (though Mega is okay I guess). Appreciate it!
First off, art to be put onto the website itself is better requested in this thread, not in the workshop, as the art that goes on-site must be of the same quality as the articles which goes there, index included. I would also have appreciated some additional input from other C&C members or even chaos himself, as I get the impression that you made this request on your own initiative. The index is a page that naturally will get a relatively large number of visitors since it's the gateway to all the other directories, so while it doesn't have to be a contest, it's still an illustration that shouldn't be casually asked for.

As for what's been made for it:

View attachment 61131
Changed the pose. You never replied my pm.

Size<-- even in the same species, Pokemon sizes do vary, at least that's what they have planned for Pokemon GO and probably future games.
Since I've given you the greenlight to illustrate articles on-site, I have no troubles with you drawing the image, but the image itself leaves me a bit concerned. First of all, the index illustration is meant to highlight prominent mons used in that generation, while at the same time not stealing too much attention to itself. This image would've been fine for a Flying Press article or similar that showcases big threats during XY and ORAS, but for the index, it doesn't seem like a serious picture to go along with it. Secondly, Greninja wasn't really used that much (iirc) during the XY days, and was banned in the early days of ORAS (also iirc), so I wouldn't really use it as an example of a Pokemon that shaped the metagame. Talonflame is a marvelous choice, so imo I'd preferred to have it alone like most other index illustrations.

tl:dr - I feel like an asshole for intervening with this after Cresselia have already drawn a picture, but given how this picture is a somewhat big deal, I feel we should take a few steps back to ensure that all parties are happy. Particularly so since I'm not the actual guy in charge of that area and can be overruled if deemed appropriate.

No clue who else to tag besides Oglemi , tennisace and... anto I guess? If there's more to discuss, we can move it to Art for Articles, or a convo involving all relevant parties, so that this thread doesn't derail.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi, i'm not sure if I'm allowed to request another piece of art so if this is true, ignore my post :o
--
I would like a banner for my PU Laddering Achievements thread [link in sig]. It can be represented in any way possible; I was kinda thinking of maybe 2-3 Pokemon all wearing Choice Specs [one of the achievements is to have your team members holding the same item] and then "PU Laddering Achievements" under it. After seeing the amazing piece of art produced by Ssensenh, I couldn't resist coming back to request for another banner so I'm looking forward to the end result.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
hello, i would like an updated artwork for ru cores (link in my sig) as the current mons pictured in the art are banned. i definitely don't have an idea of what could be done here but i would advise looking at the ru viability thread for viable mons to use. however, steelix and tyrantrum are on the chopping block so i would probably suggest not featuring them as they may be banned. maybe a registeel + alomomola? i'm unsure. the only thing i ask is that the picture shows a possible synergy between the team. using my example, having alo passing registeel a wish or something. thank you if you choose to do it and sorry for the lack of ideas to go off on but i hope you use your imagination. thanks again :)

Hey, I'd like to request a redo or revamp of an old flag/logo for Team Germany in this year's World Cup of Pokemon here on Smogon. It's this one:

This was done by Smogon user Pirika in 2009. Unfortunately the big sized file is lost and this small picture is the only thing left of the flag. I'd like to request a bigger and better (more logo, less flag?) version of this, but it can be tweaked to your liking or be something similar. The "Beerzong" part is the most important, though there shouldn't be any other words besides "Germany" on it. We're just looking for something simple and fun.

The tournament starts after June 11th so this might be a bit short of time, but it's fine if it takes longer, since we can use the flag afterwards. Our most recent flag, while not bad, doesn't quite have the professional appeal most WCoP logos have. If anyone could do the flag for our team which we can use this year and hopefully the following years to come, we'd greatly appreaciate it. We trust in your creativity and talent!

Edit: If anyone is working on it or wants to, please let me know as soon as possible!

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi team Asia's banner is too old and weird so we'd really appreciate if we could get a banner with Pangoro as the mascot. The tournament starts on June 11th, so please finish it by then. Thanks a lot in advance!

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello! I'd like to make a banner request for my new LC project Know Your Niche! The project focuses on fulfilling specific niche assignments by submitting Pokemon sets; as such, I'd like a banner that features the words "Know Your Niche" or the abbreviation KYN, and featuring an LC pokemon that looks ... detective-y? Something like a Mienfoo with a magnifying glass or a cute Snover with a reporter's hat like in those old movies with like the note sticking out of the brim? Something in that vein! Thanks so much!!

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Hi, I'd like to make a banner request for the LC Good Cores Thread. It should have a set of two Little Cup Pokemon, preferably things that are higher on the viability rankings, but they can be just about any two LC pokemon. Under that maybe some fancy lettering saying ORAS LC Good Cores. Otherwise you're free to take it however you like. Thanks so much!

Here's the LC viability rankings, for reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings-2-0.3547566/

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I'd like to make a banner request for the LC Good Cores Thread. It should have a set of two Little Cup Pokemon, preferably things that are higher on the viability rankings, but they can be just about any two LC pokemon. Under that maybe some fancy lettering saying ORAS LC Good Cores. Otherwise you're free to take it however you like. Thanks so much!

Here's the LC viability rankings, for reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lc-viability-rankings-2-0.3547566/
I'll take this

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, i'm not sure if I'm allowed to request another piece of art so if this is true, ignore my post :o
--
I would like a banner for my PU Laddering Achievements thread [link in sig]. It can be represented in any way possible; I was kinda thinking of maybe 2-3 Pokemon all wearing Choice Specs [one of the achievements is to have your team members holding the same item] and then "PU Laddering Achievements" under it. After seeing the amazing piece of art produced by Ssensenh, I couldn't resist coming back to request for another banner so I'm looking forward to the end result.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Hey, I'd like to request a redo or revamp of an old flag/logo for Team Germany in this year's World Cup of Pokemon here on Smogon. It's this one:

This was done by Smogon user Pirika in 2009. Unfortunately the big sized file is lost and this small picture is the only thing left of the flag. I'd like to request a bigger and better (more logo, less flag?) version of this, but it can be tweaked to your liking or be something similar. The "Beerzong" part is the most important, though there shouldn't be any other words besides "Germany" on it. We're just looking for something simple and fun.

The tournament starts after June 11th so this might be a bit short of time, but it's fine if it takes longer, since we can use the flag afterwards. Our most recent flag, while not bad, doesn't quite have the professional appeal most WCoP logos have. If anyone could do the flag for our team which we can use this year and hopefully the following years to come, we'd greatly appreaciate it. We trust in your creativity and talent!

Edit: If anyone is working on it or wants to, please let me know as soon as possible!
completely missed this! I also misread this post twice seeing how I've tried to recreate the banner, so take this as you will, particularly since Pirika seems to be better with lighting effects.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
i'm back with another banner request D:

i'd like a banner for the ou break this team project. the current banner, while it looks very appealing, contains an unviable pokemon and for some reason, the wrong text, which is why is why i'd like another banner. i'd like the banner to contain diancie-mega, as it is the original owner's favourite pokemon, and possibly revolved around it. "Break this Team" should be the only text on it, and there should be three Pokemon; Diancie-Mega, Sableye-Mega, and Venusaur-Mega, Diancie in the center, Sableye to the left and Venusaur to the right. I'd like this to be fairly simplistic and the same size(ish) as the current banner, which I will show below.
Thanks, and sorry for the huge multitude of posts *-*

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
I would like to request a banner for the ADV LC Role Compendium thread (link):

Currently there is no banner, and the thread looks rather plain. A simple design involving revolving around Houndour would be appreciated. Porygon and Wailmer should also be somehow incorporated; any other legal Gen 3 Little Cup pokemon can also be added if the artist wishes. The only text on the banner would preferably be 'ADV LC Role Compendium'.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)