Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Sorry for what happened last time I tried to do this. I'll try to keep these SQSA questions simple (and relevant).

What do the TID and SID have to be to maximize the shiny chance given by the cute charm glitch in Generation 4?
What is this soundtrack officially called?
In AS, what can possibly cause 2 root fossils to appear instead of 1 root fossil and 1 claw fossil?
What's the chance of getting each item in Isle Aphun on the Poke Pelago?
What's the chance of getting each prize in the lottery in the Festival Plaza?
Are there any ways to softlock a Pokemon game, other than the things listed in this article?
In Platinum, the rival isn't appearing in the Survival Area on weekends. Does he only appear after the Stark Mountain quest?
What's the chance of finding items or Pokemon when using rock smash?
In White, when the player first arrives at White Forest, how is the number of NPCs determined?
Can affection allow Pokemon to evade moves that usually don't check accuracy?
There are rocks in Kalos's Victory Road that players can hop on, right? Can wild Pokemon appear on those rocks?
If someone has 1 copy of UM and no other games, how close can he/she/it get to completing the Alola Pokedex?

In SMD, what are the 10 highest level recruitable Pokemon?
In MDRRT, how are stats calculated? Do they use the same formula as they do in the core series?
In MDRRT, different dungeons have different chances of spawning items, right? Does anyone know the chance for each dungeon?
In MDRRT, how can players know the gender of wild Pokemon?
In Pokemon Quest, how often does the Natural Healing HP activate?
In Pokemon Quest, what can possibly cause a Tentacruel's stats to revert to Tentacool's after the Tentacruel evolves?
What's the best way to complete the Iron League in Pokken Tournament?
In Pokemon GO, can Ditto be disguised as Alolan Rattata?
In Smash Bros Ultimate, which Pokemon moves can meteor smash?

In MDRRT, how are stats calculated? Do they use the same formula as they do in the core series?
No. UPC used to have a lot of info on that if you can find a mirror/archive of it but the basic gist is that two Pokemon of the same species will always have the same stats at the same level, barring the use of stat boosters. So they're not really calculated. They just are.

In MDRRT, different dungeons have different chances of spawning items, right? Does anyone know the chance for each dungeon?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/929408-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-red-rescue-team/faqs/40256

In MDRRT, how can players know the gender of wild Pokemon?
All enemies are genderless.

No. UPC used to have a lot of info on that if you can find a mirror/archive of it but the basic gist is that two Pokemon of the same species will always have the same stats at the same level, barring the use of stat boosters. So they're not really calculated. They just are.
So there was a website called UPC, and that website had tables with the stats of every Pokemon species in it? Do you have any idea where else I can see those tables?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
What is this soundtrack officially called?
In AS, what can possibly cause 2 root fossils to appear instead of 1 root fossil and 1 claw fossil?
Are there any ways to softlock a Pokemon game, other than the things listed in this article?
In Smash Bros Ultimate, which Pokemon moves can meteor smash?
In order:
As of yet there is no official name. This may change in the future but the official name (and even the track itself) has not been released.
They were mistaken and/or lying.
Probably.
This is a Pokemon forum not a research for unreleased smash games forum. At least wait until the game comes out.

Yeah definitely not counting the Z moves lol
Also on YouTube saw a video show up titled something stupid like legendaries Ash almost owned lol
Ash will never catch a legendary

If I want a good Yveltal (Gen 6) to just be capable of fighting random trainers on Wi-Fi, what is generally considered to be the most effective nature? I was thinking Timid or Hasty.

If I want a good Yveltal (Gen 6) to just be capable of fighting random trainers on Wi-Fi, what is generally considered to be the most effective nature? I was thinking Timid or Hasty.
Depends on the purpose you want to give it.

You could go with a -spatk nature and ditch Oblivion Wing in order to abuse its super strong dark stabs, or otherwise a +spatk nature for abusing the recovery.

https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/yveltal/

I believe all the gen 6 sets can serve you well, give it a look. I'd personally go for the -defensive +spatk version but that's just me :)

Yeah definitely not counting the Z moves lol
Also on YouTube saw a video show up titled something stupid like legendaries Ash almost owned lol
Ash will never catch a legendary
I think he technically has. He was tasked with the care of Nebby, who evolved into Solgaleo to help rescue Lusamine. He's caught Buzzwole and Poipole, albeit he released the former at the end of the episode he caught it to send it back to Ultra Space. (Ultra Beasts are technically considered legendary Pokemon)

Yeah he never caught the first one and I don't think they are considered legends except for the nebby line

Would I be able to post a picture of my TCG deck as haven't had a chance to use it since I don't know anyone I can play with where I live
EDIT I was hoping someone who plays could duplicate my deck and play a few games with it to let me know if it is at least decent

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RNG question, if it doesn't belong here someone please let me know. So, I'm attempting at the moment to RNG a Timid 31/31/31/30/31/31 Cyndaquil on HG. The target delay is 2690, and I've hit 2539 and 2840 so far (had to do two quick playthoughs to identify exact IVS). The thing that's killing me is when I press A to start the clock and click the start time on Eontimer, even if I do it at the same time, the DS clock will sometimes skip forward a second, thus throwing the clock and Eontimer out of sync. My questions are as follows: 1) is this a known problem? 2) is there anything I can do about it? 3) is hitting my desired delay even possible?
Greetings!

Unfortunately the Orange Islands sub-forum isn't really the right place for this kind of questions.
You can however forward your question to the Most Generation PRING Help / Information thread in the Wi-Fi sub-forum.
We have quite a lot of knowledgable people over there that can answer these questions for you in greater detail. Good luck! :)

does anyone know if the surf Pikachu from the in-game event that you have to get the high score on all four Mantine surf spots to get looks like a regular shiny Pikachu when it's shiny, or if it looks like a non-shiny Pikachu when it's shiny?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
does anyone know if the surf Pikachu from the in-game event that you have to get the high score on all four Mantine surf spots to get looks like a regular shiny Pikachu when it's shiny, or if it looks like a non-shiny Pikachu when it's shiny?
It'll show as Shiny:

I need an advice. I have problem with my new 3ds. It happened during last on-line battle competition on battle spot, which was held this weekend (it happened on the last day, luckily). When I wanted to switch pokemon (didn´t matter if it was hard switch or switch for fainted one), my screen (the last before switching, the one where you see the stats of your mon and on the bottom there is button "switch" allways jumped to the last pokemon in my party. Example: I had Gengar and Xerneas out, and I wanted to swich Xern for Yveltal. My order of mons was Gengar, Xern, Yveltal and Incineroar. Well, I couldn´t switch for Yveltal, because my screen allways jumped onto Incin! Similarly, when my Gengar fainted and I wanted to bring out Yveltal, I needed to wait for the timer to end, because my screen allways jumped onto Gengar (who as fainted took the last position). I tested it in two battles (turned the whole system down between them) and it made no difference. As the competition ended, I tried Battle Spot VGC battles, using the same team. And lo and behold, it happened again.
Just tested it outside of BS, on normal wild pokemon. Switching works fine there, so the problem is only in on-line battles. Does anyone know what may be the cause? And more importantly, how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

I've always wondered... Since the Manaphy egg has been discontinued because Pokemon Ranger is no longer a thing, does it still exist in future games? What I mean... If I were to hack the Manaphy egg in SM, could it still hatch? Or has it been removed entirely?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
This is something for the SQSA thread, you didn't need to make a new thread.

But to answer your question (which is a very easy question to answer, asking Google gave me the right answer let alone going to Bulbapedia) there are 48 Mega Pokemon. However there are only 46 species that can Mega Evolve because two species, Charizard and Mewtwo, have two Mega Evolutions.

Also there are three other Pokemon who have Mega Evolution-like forms: Kyogre and Groudon can undergo Primal Reversion to become Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon, respectively; Necrozma can become Ultra Necrozma by using its signature Z-Move after fusing with either Solgaleo or Lunala.

On top of that there's some additional special transformations: Greninja who have the Battle Bond Ability can turn into Ash-Greninja; Zygarde who have the Power Construct Ability can turn into Complete Forme Zygarde; Hoopa can change into its Unbound Form with the Prison Bottle; and arguably Wishiwashi turns into its School Form via its Schooling Ability.

There may be others but these are the ones which I immediately know.

This is something for the SQSA thread, you didn't need to make a new thread.

But to answer your question (which is a very easy question to answer, asking Google gave me the right answer let alone going to Bulbapedia) there are 48 Mega Pokemon. However there are only 46 species that can Mega Evolve because two species, Charizard and Mewtwo, have two Mega Evolutions.

Also there are three other Pokemon who have Mega Evolution-like forms: Kyogre and Groudon can undergo Primal Reversion to become Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon, respectively; Necrozma can become Ultra Necrozma by using its signature Z-Move after fusing with either Solgaleo or Lunala.

On top of that there's some additional special transformations: Greninja who have the Battle Bond Ability can turn into Ash-Greninja; Zygarde who have the Power Construct Ability can turn into Complete Forme Zygarde; Hoopa can change into its Unbound Form with the Prison Bottle; and arguably Wishiwashi turns into its School Form via its Schooling Ability.

There may be others but these are the ones which I immediately know.
Necrozma doesn't use its signature Z-Move to Ultra Burst; it has to be holding its signature Z-Crystal (Ultranecrozium Z) while in Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings form. (in fact it's only once it has transformed into Ultra Necrozma that it can use its signature Z-Move, Light that Burns the Sky)

How does Sketch interact with the Move Relearner? Once you sketch a move, can you go to the Move Relearner and get that Sketch back, or do you have to learn a new Sketch the normal way? In other words, if a hypothetical Pokemon learned Sketch only once, could it use the Move Relearner to cheat the system and get multiple Sketches?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Necrozma doesn't use its signature Z-Move to Ultra Burst; it has to be holding its signature Z-Crystal (Ultranecrozium Z) while in Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings form. (in fact it's only once it has transformed into Ultra Necrozma that it can use its signature Z-Move, Light that Burns the Sky)
I said Necrozma had to be fused.

How does Sketch interact with the Move Relearner? Once you sketch a move, can you go to the Move Relearner and get that Sketch back, or do you have to learn a new Sketch the normal way? In other words, if a hypothetical Pokemon learned Sketch only once, could it use the Move Relearner to cheat the system and get multiple Sketches?
Yes, Sketch can be relearned via Move Reminder. Otherwise you'd only have once every ten levels to use Sketch correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)