Pokeball: Normal
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Pentagon
Moves: Scald/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Extrasensory
Nature:Timid
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Had Pokerus at one point, got it off Wonder Trade back in Gen 6.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Language:JPN
Species: Greninja
OT: マーサ (Maasa)
ID No.: 30314
IVs: 31/x/x/x/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP/2 Def
Ability: Protean
Pokemon's name: Greninja
Level: 100
Pokeball: Normal
Moves: Scald/Ice Beam/Dark Pulse/Extrasensory
Nature:Timid
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Had Pokerus at one point, got it off Wonder Trade back in Gen 6.
Appears to be a bred/captured Greninja from the info given. But a good rule of thumb is if you can't trace it, don't trade it. I.e. if you don't know who the OT is (like here, you got it from some random trainer), then best to assume it's hacked so you don't land yourself in hot water.

Hey all,

I’ve made some progress with this and have some information on the Seventh Generation starters that do not have regular Poké Balls. Apparently there was a Japanese Pokémon figure collection called Moncollé Get, where the figures came with QR codes adorning the bottoms for use in Island Scan I assume. Apparently from what I know they cause the Pokémon depicted on the figure which is scanned to be encountered in the wild after scanning on a Japanese console and cartridge. If so this could mean that these Pokémon are legal and could be used legitimately. Is there any knowledgeable people who could confirm this? At this point after trial and error, it seems that any evolutionary stage of the starters can pass through hack checks as long as they are not in Dream Balls, Sport Balls, Cherish Balls or Beast Balls. As for the Apricorn balls I’m not sure yet, and for all other Poké Balls, they sure do work.

I also wanted to quickly inform those of you who have somehow received a Pokémon through a trade which doesn’t appear legit- Don’t worry. You won’t be in “hot water”, nor will you be banned. Here’s why-

• There’s no way to tell whether you hacked to get the Pokémon or not.

•There’s also no way to tell the difference between generated Pokémon and legit Pokémon, besides an educated guess- of course, that is, if you’re a human, not Nintendo’s servers.

•If you got it online through a trade, there’s no need to fret, as the Pokémon passed through the server’s checks and already was validated.

•Is your Aegislash in a Dream Ball, Cherish Ball, Safari Ball, or Sport Ball? No? Then you’re good to go!

•Does your Bidoof know Judgement? No? You’re fine. Yes? You either got it over a Quick Link, you’re a hacker yourself, or somehow you have one of those glitched cartridges.

•When you try to trade an illegal (Which the exception of those special few I listed before) Pokémon online, your game will give you a message stating “There seems to be a problem with the/your Pokémon.” Or on the Battle Spot: “There is a problem with one or more of your Pokémon.” If you get past that, yeah, you’re in for some trouble.

•Illegal Pokémon that don’t pass the hack checks won’t appear on the GTS. (Tested by yours truly!)

•Have an illegal Pokémon that passes the checks? Have no fear! You won’t get banned for those either!

Despite of all this, be aware that the any communications done offline have no checks of any kind. You will not be banned for using these in the Battle Tree either.

If you’re a legit player and got a Pokémon that seems too good to be true (you should see the Ditto I shiny chained for last week) I would suggest Wonder Trading it, as I’m sure there’s someone who’ll want it. I’ll be doing more research for you all in the future.

Hi again,
I found out something interesting and I wonder if it can be confirmed.

This video on the post states that wild pokémon in RBY can't be shiny because those DVs just don't appear on wild pokémon (but seems to be possible in gifts/starters/stationaries and.... fishing?).

So this would mean that like shiny Tauros with fissure/horn drill or any other Gen 1 exclusive move would be illegal. Afaik it can't be tutored in later generations either (unless move reminder can do that but I don't know).

This kinda sucks for me because I wanted to have a full rooster of shiny pokémon with exclusive moves from gen 1. :P

Hi again,
I found out something interesting and I wonder if it can be confirmed.

This video on the post states that wild pokémon in RBY can't be shiny because those DVs just don't appear on wild pokémon (but seems to be possible in gifts/starters/stationaries and.... fishing?).

So this would mean that like shiny Tauros with fissure/horn drill or any other Gen 1 exclusive move would be illegal. Afaik it can't be tutored in later generations either (unless move reminder can do that but I don't know).

This kinda sucks for me because I wanted to have a full rooster of shiny pokémon with exclusive moves from gen 1. :P
Only static encounters can be shiny in RBY. Max. Optimizer is bound to know more about it than me, so you could ask them what you can and cant get.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Haven't watched the vid, but what you say seems consistent with the OP

Gen 1 (RBY Virtual Console games):

• Pokemon imported from these games will have their Hidden Abilities.
  • Any Pokemon (except the event Mew) not encountered in the grass/surfing can be shiny when imported. See here.
  • When imported, every Pokemon will have at least 3 31 IVs, even if they can breed.
    • The event Mew (OT: GF | ID: 22796) is guaranteed to have 5 31 IVs.
    • This means that certain Hidden Power IV combinations are impossible, including HP Fighting entirely.
MO can of course expound if he feels so inclined

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Disclaimer: I don't really know where The Chaotician's assumption stems from, but I'm by no means an expert on that topic, far from it!
All I can bring to the table in the face of the topic at hand is a list that fellow user Mattapod shared with me a while back.
Sadly I irreversibly left that conversation a long time ago, but, luckily I had the foresight to copy-paste it into a Word document for future reference.

Please find it down below:

Pokémon obtainable by gift, in-game trade, purchase, fishing or stationary encounter:

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Nidoran (F), Nidorina, Nidorino, Vulpix, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Parasect, Dugtrio, Abra, Machamp, Farfetch’d, Seel, Dewgong, Muk, Electrode, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Rhydon, Tangela, Mr. Mime, Scyther, Jynx, Pinsir, Magikarp, Lapras, Eevee, Porygon, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dratini and Mewtwo

I feel like I was thinking too much inside a box.

I forgot that I can still breed shiny Tauros in Crystal with shiny ditto to get it shiny and trade it back to Gen 1 to teach TMs I want. Or at least I think it works because GSC has the time capsule (and I got access to two 3ds systems). This way I can get all Gen 1 pokémon shiny and with exclusive moves (minus gen 2 only egg moves). So yeah ignore about what I wrote earlier. Gen 7 does no difference between RBY and GSC pokémon anyway so it doesn't matter in that way if the only thing I want is that GB icon.

However, I started to question what is the whole point since those pokémon don't really have any competitive value. Like Charizard from RBY got no value in competitive game because it will miss it's best move (Dragon Dance), same with Lapras (Freeze Dry). Also useful combos like Clefable + Softboiled doesn't work because Clefable learn it from FR/LG movetutor but not from gen 1 TM.

Well, I like weird things.

It's been a long while since I last been here.

Language: ENG
Species: Lugia
OT: Lee
ID No.: 240855
IVs: 27/6/31/31/31/30
EVs (optional): None
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: StringYTube
Level: 92
Pokeball: Premier Ball
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Cross
Moves: Skill Swap/Aeroblast/Extrasensory/Ancient Power
Nature: Mild
Region of origin: Alola
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: None
Other comments (optional): This Pokemon came from the Trainer who was also called StringsYTube. I've looked on YouTube for his username and apparently, he's one of the Trainers who give away shiny Pokemon and legendaries.

I'm planning on releasing this Pokemon but I want to see if it is hacked.

Blueforce

Ungood
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
It's been a long while since I last been here.

Language: ENG
Species: Lugia
OT: Lee
ID No.: 240855
IVs: 27/6/31/31/31/30
EVs (optional): None
Pokemon's name: StringYTube
Level: 92
Pentagon/Cross? (if yes, specify): Cross
Moves: Skill Swap/Aeroblast/Extrasensory/Ancient Power
Nature: Mild
Region of origin: Alola
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Other comments (optional): This Pokemon came from the Trainer who was also called StringsYTube. I've looked on YouTube for his username and apparently, he's one of the Trainers who give away shiny Pokemon and legendaries.

I'm planning on releasing this Pokemon but I want to see if it is hacked.
Nothing indicates that this Pokemon is hacked based on the information you've given. However, streamers and YouTubers are fairly notorious for giving away hacked Pokemon, I wouldn't accept a Pokemon if I didn't trust the source.

I know in the 1st post it says AusLove is common but I want to be certain before I go and release it if it's hacked.

Language: English
Species: Palkia
OT: AusLove.TV
ID No.: 54321
IVs: Not sure how it works. Asked IV checker guy in my game : Outstanding potential overall, greatest potential in HP, attack is good too, Sp. Atk is equally good, Sp Def seems just as good, Speed is good too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: Palkia
Moves: Aura Sphere (32) Spacial Rend (8) Hydro Pump (8) Dragon Pulse (16)
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Where : Soaring in the Sky
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Other comments (optional): Date met was 11/11/2015

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know in the 1st post it says AusLove is common but I want to be certain before I go and release it if it's hacked.

Language: English
Species: Palkia
OT: AusLove.TV
ID No.: 54321
IVs: Not sure how it works. Asked IV checker guy in my game : Outstanding potential overall, greatest potential in HP, attack is good too, Sp. Atk is equally good, Sp Def seems just as good, Speed is good too. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it.
EVs (optional):
Pokemon's name: Palkia
Moves: Aura Sphere (32) Spacial Rend (8) Hydro Pump (8) Dragon Pulse (16)
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Where : Soaring in the Sky
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Other comments (optional): Date met was 11/11/2015
It is indeed 100% a hacked Pokémon.

As a rule of thumb: If a Pokémon's OT ends with ".TV" or some form of "bit.ly" link, you can be 100% sure that the Pokémon at hand is hacked.
They're being pumped out en masse by cheap Pokémon "content creators" on YouTube or on Twitch, in order to advertize their channels.
Ultimately, you're obviously free to do with it whatever you like when it comes to private in-game use, you're just not allowed to trade it here.

I hope that this answered your question!

Language: ING
Species: Gensect
OT: GF
ID No.: 11016
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Download
Pokemon's name: Genesect
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: No
Moves: Techno Blast/ Flamethrower/ U-Turn/ Flash Cannon
Nature: Hasty
Region of origin: Hoen
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: Classic
Other comments (optional):

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Language: ING
Species: Gensect
OT: GF
ID No.: 11016
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Download
Pokemon's name: Genesect
Pokeball: Cherish
Shiny?: No
Moves: Techno Blast/ Flamethrower/ U-Turn/ Flash Cannon
Nature: Hasty
Region of origin: Hoen
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: Classic
Other comments (optional):
Info matches a Gen 6 event (with some TM moves added after the fact), though if you don't know the source it's best to assume it's hacked. 6IV raises some red flags, for example.

I fell like this Deoxys is hacked. It is shiny, level 100 and caught in a Premier Ball. It has 304 health,302 attack, 137 defense, 438 speed, 136 Sp. Defense and 335 sp attack. It is German language and it’s ot is Flexii.YTUBE, and from the Hoenn Region. My friend told me Deoxys is shiny locked so that made me wonder.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
I fell like this Deoxys is hacked. It is shiny, level 100 and caught in a Premier Ball. It has 304 health,302 attack, 137 defense, 438 speed, 136 Sp. Defense and 335 sp attack. It is German language and it’s ot is Flexii.YTUBE, and from the Hoenn Region. My friend told me Deoxys is shiny locked so that made me wonder.
If a Pokémon's OT includes a YouTube channel name or a Twitch channel name, you can be 110% sure that it's hacked.
These people pump out flimsy hacks via Wonder Trade in order to promote their channels.

Also yes, your friend is correct: Deoxys from the Hoenn region (ΩRαS games) is de facto shiny-locked.

So I get that OT or pokemon names with YouTube channels or Twitch channels (and other websites) are hacked pokemon. Are there any YouTube/Twitch channels people know that only give out legit pokemon?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Does anyone knows if these come from reputable RNG players:
https://github.com/ReignOfComputer/RoCs-PC/tree/master/11 - Gen IV - RNG & Shiny

A friend came across this and it left me wondering.
Iirc (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) RoC RNG'd a lot of his mons, and distro'd those of other big-named RNGers (i.e. bond). They were pretty common on those fake GTS servers a while back. That said, in his own words:

Also as a disclaimer, it's been so long that I can't tell if any of the events are hacked (especially those GCEA, WISH, etc). I wouldn't assume everything is legit.
And if he's crowdsourcing these files, it's not a bad assumption that some other hacks may have crept in as well.

Iirc (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) RoC RNG'd a lot of his mons, and distro'd those of other big-named RNGers (i.e. bond). They were pretty common on those fake GTS servers a while back. That said, in his own words:

And if he's crowdsourcing these files, it's not a bad assumption that some other hacks may have crept in as well.
I recall seeing these ID pop up in r/pokemontrades :46014 BLUEMEW , 21954 BLUEMEW and 42341 BLUEMEW.
Any chance they are from Bluemew. ?

I Want this to be real can u guys check for me?
Species:
Language: Idk
Species: Gardevoir
OT: Flexii. YTUBE
ID No. 57295
IVs Idk how say it
EVs IdK
Ability: Trace
Pokemon's name: Gardevoir
Pokeball: Normal Pokeball
Pentagon/Cross:EVERY SHAPE
Moves:Psyshock,MoonBlast,Trick,Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: The Kalos Region
Characteristic:Capable of taking hits
Ribbons:Hoenn Champion Badge,Kalos Champion Badge,Best Friends,Alert Ribbon,Traning Ribbon,Skillful Battler,Expert Battle,Effort Ribbon,Shock Ribbon,Downcast ribbon,Careless Ribbon,Relax Ribbon,Snooze Ribbon,,Smile Ribbon,Gorgeous Ribbon,Royal Ribbon,Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
Other comments (optional): PLEASE HELP MEEEE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)