Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I just tested natural cure on my copy of Platinum, and it doesn't display any sort of message or animation when activating. So why does it display this message when it activates on Showdown!?
(The opposing Blissey is cured by its Natural Cure!)
You can tell by watching the opponent's Pokéballs that they were cured when they switched out.
Is this true for BW, ORAS, and SM?

I create an account and made a team but when the day after I came to Battle, my team was not there. I don't know why cause I save my team HELPP
Teams are saved locally, so teams you build on one computer can't be accessed from another computer. If you want to use the same teams on multiple computers, then you should click the "import/export" button in the teambuilder, copy the text, and paste it into a Google doc. When you want to use the team, simply click "import/export" again and paste your team.

what the heck happened here?
A careful user would send out Zoroark disguised as another Pokémon with the same level. As it is the client sees through the deception so it shows the real Scolipede and the Zoroark illusion separately.

A careful user would send out Zoroark disguised as another Pokémon with the same level. As it is the client sees through the deception so it shows the real Scolipede and the Zoroark illusion separately.
Speaking of that, those minifigs allow you to easily track the zoroark, even after the changes. Can't you just code them to get disabled entirely if any Illusion pokemon is present? I'll be happy to help if necessary

Sort of random question, but is showdown payed for only by the ads ran on the website, or is there a donation system that happens? Sort of just pondered this when I was paying for my own site host.

In tournament rounds consisting of best 2 of 3 games for match win: do you have to use the same team for all games within the match or is the expectation that you can switch teams each game (as long as they fit the format legality)?

(I'm new to the forums, and I tried using the Search tool to see where / if this had been asked an answered but it kept giving me errors)

edit: an example to provide clarity. I'm supposed to play a best 2 of 3 match in the Gen 5 OU tournament. Game 1, I bring a rain team and opponent brings a hail team. For game 2, do I have to bring that same team or do I have the option to bring a new team? Is it automatic to reload the same team upon rematch?

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
In tournament rounds consisting of best 2 of 3 games for match win: do you have to use the same team for all games within the match or is the expectation that you can switch teams each game (as long as they fit the format legality)?

(I'm new to the forums, and I tried using the Search tool to see where / if this had been asked an answered but it kept giving me errors)

edit: an example to provide clarity. I'm supposed to play a best 2 of 3 match in the Gen 5 OU tournament. Game 1, I bring a rain team and opponent brings a hail team. For game 2, do I have to bring that same team or do I have the option to bring a new team? Is it automatic to reload the same team upon rematch?
I'm assuming this is for Smogon hosted tours, because you can't host a bo3 tour using the showdown tour thing.
This isn't the right place to ask, smogon simple questions would be the right place for the future (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-simple-questions-suggestions-thread.3582200/)
But yeah unless the host specifically says to bring the same team it's usually implied that you can switch teams between games.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
What's the difference between hidden rooms and private rooms?
Global staff have their ranks and powers in hidden rooms, they do not in secret room. Do note that Leaders and Admins do have these powers in secret rooms anyways, even if their rank doesn't show.

Question, where would I put a post about a single set as opposed to an entire team? I have a cool new idea (think new meta but somewhat serious) but it doesn't seem appropriate for any of the places on the forums. Doesn't seem to go in RMT, Metagames, Analysis, B101 (not a noob), or anything like that. Also don't want to bother mods by asking permission for something so small.

Last edited:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Question, where would I put a post about a single set as opposed to an entire team? I have a cool new idea (think new meta but somewhat serious) but it doesn't seem appropriate for any of the places on the forums. Doesn't seem to go in RMT, Metagames, Analysis, B101 (not a noob), or anything like that. Also don't want to bother mods by asking permission for something so small.
Better to ask stuff like that in the appropriate tier room or Trainer Academy over on PS! instead

Better to ask stuff like that in the appropriate tier room or Trainer Academy over on PS! instead
I've actually been talking a little in the chat rooms about it, but ppl on forums are generally more... organized? in their responses. Also it gets immortalized unless deleted. Also if ur curious its sturdy spec hp ice zone but don't ask what for.

Eh, reading it a bit, doesn't seem likely. More of just people questioning decisions made by staff. Stuff like tier placements, mon bans, move bans, etc.
How about you give us a small peek of the set in question and we discuss wether or not it has potential? Either right here or in the pokemon's analysis page

This is not the place
Yeah, didn't think so. Would it be possible to make a more miscellaneous section in the RMT forums? For just... "Assorted Ideas," so anything that isn't a full-on team. Cores, single sets, interactions, etc.?
I don't know who's in charge of creating forum sections, but I think making a misc. subset would work pretty well. If you know, could you bring the idea to them?

I'm trying to start up a Showdown server and I've gotten as far as downloading sprites so I can add my own Fakémon but I think I'm missing some important files that aren't a part of the server download anymore? Specifically "battledata.js " and "Pokedex-mini.js". I've seen a few threads and I know people say it's hard to add your own Fakémon, but I've been following a tutorial that's been really useful until now. Just curious if they've been renamed, or merged into other files since this tutorial was made.

Any help would be appreciated ^^

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I'm trying to start up a Showdown server and I've gotten as far as downloading sprites so I can add my own Fakémon but I think I'm missing some important files that aren't a part of the server download anymore? Specifically "battledata.js " and "Pokedex-mini.js". I've seen a few threads and I know people say it's hard to add your own Fakémon, but I've been following a tutorial that's been really useful until now. Just curious if they've been renamed, or merged into other files since this tutorial was made.

Any help would be appreciated ^^
Sprites and the like are a client side thing, in the documentation you linked, the files you mentioned are under the heading "Adding and Modifying Pokemon in Pokemon Showdown's client". I can't really help you with client setup or modification, I don't know enough about it myself at this time.

Sprites and the like are a client side thing, in the documentation you linked, the files you mentioned are under the heading "Adding and Modifying Pokemon in Pokemon Showdown's client". I can't really help you with client setup or modification, I don't know enough about it myself at this time.
ahh, thanks. I had forgot to download the client ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)